Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Local Elections 2022

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Local Elections 2022

Old 05-05-2022, 11:55   #16
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Local Elections 2022

The Daily Mail's guide on how to judge the results tomorrow:

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Not sure about what the Lib Dems target should be
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2022, 11:58   #17
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
We have had quite a few visits this year from the Conservative and Liberal Democrat candidates and representatives as well as plenty of leaflets.
My district has always been under labour control and what really impressed me was that for the last two elections (not this one) the candidate was personally putting flyers through the doors and doing house calls. I invited him twice to my house and he spent 1 hour each time listening to my concerns and those of my neighbours about our local area. I have always classed myself as a conservative but in those two elections he made the effort to engage with and listen to his constituents and in contrast I heard sweet fa from the conservatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
[/COLOR]Not sure about what the Lib Dems target should be
I think staying where they are would be a major success. I don't think Ed Davey has done anything to move the party forward so I will be amazed if they don't lose seats and control of some of the councils they gained last time.

Last edited by General Maximus; 05-05-2022 at 12:06.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:07   #18
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I also failed to notice that they have changed the polling station. I wonder how many will be caught out by that?
Old 05-05-2022, 12:22   #19
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
I also failed to notice that they have changed the polling station. I wonder how many will be caught out by that?
same here but in my case the buildings are literally right next to each other
Old 05-05-2022, 13:09   #20
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
same here but in my case the buildings are literally right next to each other
Well yes except in my situation that although the 2 schools are on the same site they have different entrances.It's caught so many people out judging by the people passing my front door on their way to the Juniors(and back again) which is nearer of the two schools.

Now I will have to walk through the local park afterwards to make my way to the village chemist.
Old 05-05-2022, 14:37   #21
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

No local elections round here.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 19:50   #22
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Nothing round here either thankfully.
Old 05-05-2022, 21:17   #23
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
No local elections round here.
Old 05-05-2022, 22:04   #24
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Wall-to-wall elections here in Scotland. All the councils come up for complete re-election at the same time. I’ve just been out to the polling station, probably the latest I’ve ever been. But I’ve never missed an election since I turned 18 and I’m not starting now.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 22:46   #25
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I would not know about Nottingham City, they are not my council.

Old 05-05-2022, 22:55   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
But I’ve never missed an election since I turned 18 and I’m not starting now.
me too. I would get very mardy if somebody or party I didn't like got into power. At least if I vote if I feel like I have had my say and tried to do something about it.
Old 06-05-2022, 00:11   #27
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Not sure if this is softening the public up for fewer losses which will then be presented as a reasonable result in the circumstances.
Quote:
Laura Kuenssberg Tories seem pretty sure that they have lost iconic Wandsworth council in SW London, and Barnet in North London, and even Westminster council looking at risk.
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status...34067194306560
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 01:30   #28
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: Labour hold Sunderland Council in early results just in but Labour’s vote share drops, yes, drops by -3% from 2018.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 160372FE-7326-492B-8657-0A465F51070C.jpeg (82.2 KB, 52 views)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 03:16   #29
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

In results so far, both Conservative & Labour have lost seats.

The gains going to Liberal Democrats, Green Party & Residents Association.

Some protest voting going on here ?

Old 06-05-2022, 07:44   #30
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Lib Dems doing very well.

Labour mixed in the North but started to make gains down in the South. Taking Southhampton and Barnet. Tories worried they might lose Wandsworth and even maybe Westminster.

---------- Post added at 06:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 ----------

Labour take Westminster (it seems) which would probably be the standout result for them in this. Otherwise, outside of London and a couple of other places, they're at 2017/2018 levels of support in the rest of England. So better than 2019 but they probably wanted more there.

Lib Dems and Greens are doing very well.

Last edited by Damien; 06-05-2022 at 06:55.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote