Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Network Congestion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Network Congestion

Old 05-05-2022, 17:34   #91
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Network Congestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
factory reset?
I did 3 reboots, and 3 resets.

I finally got to talk to a guy with the most unintelligible accent on 150 (120 was a typo). He did deep resets from his end a few times, then it all burst back into life.

This sort of thing happens every time the superhub is updated...

Back on topic, I asked him if they were getting reports about internet problems most evenings from 8 to 10. He has no record of any.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2022, 19:15   #92
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
This sort of thing happens every time the superhub is updated...
I am not being a dick dude but the best way to avoid these problems is to buy a proper router which doesn't have them. Software updates shouldn't involve mandatory phone calls to tech support for whatever tf a deep reset is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I asked him if they were getting reports about internet problems most evenings from 8 to 10. He has no record of any.
I wouldn't expect him to, it is way above his pay grade and they struggle with the simplest of problems. When I had a problem with with my new shub4 before Christmas I rang tech support for a new one and luckily the person who I spoke to put me straight through to second line because she didn't understand a thing I was saying.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 23:42   #93
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

I hope you guys are raising it with VM and asking for some level of compo. To have your connection become a jittery mess would make gaming and anything else jitter intolerant (voip, zoom/teams calls, livestreaming) pretty awful during that period. The fact it's so consistent at peak times points to a broken bit of core kit somewhere, or just a complete lack of capacity and a failover link coming into use.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 23:57   #94
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

It has been clear tonight but i definitely feel it when i am gaming
Old 06-05-2022, 11:56   #95
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough
Re: Network Congestion: Virgin Media issues statement on latency issues

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/...latency-issues
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 14:52   #96
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
We’ve now determined the root cause of the issue and can confirm that it’s an issue exclusively impacting traffic passing through an interconnect from our network to the ThinkBroadband server site.

General traffic on our network is not impacted and as a result, the TB BQM is not reporting accurate latency data for Virgin Media customers right now.
Bullshit, my lag while gaming is terrible and it isn't psychosomatic. I can be playing quite happily for ages, start experiencing noticeable lag and then when I check my graph later I see the mountain.
Old 08-05-2022, 00:33   #97
General Maximus
Ran Away

Feels like it is the first Saturday in a month that we haven't had a bump. Maybe they have finally fixed it

Old 10-05-2022, 00:43   #98
General Maximus
Ran Away

I don't want to jinx it but it looks like they have fixed it. I have looked back at the last 5 days' worth of graphs and they are squeaky clean

Old 10-05-2022, 13:11   #99
Brunel

Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

A bit dodgy this a.m.

Old 10-05-2022, 13:13   #100
General Maximus
Ran Away

not as bad for me

Old 11-05-2022, 19:53   #101
Brunel

MORE LARGE SPIKES TONIGHT.

Old 11-05-2022, 20:03   #102
General Maximus
Ran Away

It looks like something is just starting for me:

Old 12-05-2022, 23:53   #103
Brunel

Now been confirmed "There is a complex fault and is taking a little longer to fix"
Old 13-05-2022, 00:06   #104
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunel View Post
"There is a complex fault and is taking a little longer to fix"
oh but it can't be, it is exclusive to the TBB link which doesn't matter because we have got samknows
Old 13-05-2022, 00:41   #105
Brunel

There are two faults one is the Thinkbroadband saga, also there is a local area fault.
My B.Q.M. looks horrendous still.

Another graph that I monitor from a property approx 5Km from here is near enough perfect now.