Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus

Old 02-12-2021, 10:06   #76
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Finally managed to book a Booster at a reasonable location and time, loads of options booking this morning compared to the last few days.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:18   #77
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
If you don't want to wear a mask, perhaps you could stay at home and order online instead. Thus, allowing the majority who have no issue whatsoever with wearing masks to go about their business in shops etc.
i went shopping yesterday and wore a mask, i just had a box of 50 delivered,
what i don't like is people barking orders about mask wearing hence the thumbs down.
i'm going out xmas shopping soon i might wear 2 masks just to show how virtuous i am, i hope this makes me upper class
Old 02-12-2021, 10:26   #78
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
what i don't like is people barking orders about mask wearing hence the thumbs down.
i'm going out xmas shopping soon i might wear 2 masks just to show how virtuous i am, i hope this makes me upper class
The 'barking orders' as you eloquently comes about because people who refuse to wear a mask and are puffing their chests out about protesting. whilst in reality the vast majority of which aren't really protesting merely using it as an excuse because they can't be bothered and/or have no consideration for others.

You're more likely to find that barking orders = frustration

Nothing, will ever make you upper class my man... not even a blood transfusion.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:32   #79
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The 'barking orders' as you eloquently comes about because people who refuse to wear a mask and are puffing their chests out about protesting. whilst in reality the vast majority of which aren't really protesting merely using it as an excuse because they can't be bothered and/or have no consideration for others.

You're more likely to find that barking orders = frustration

Nothing, will ever make you upper class my man... not even a blood transfusion.

Not even shopping at Waitrose
Old 02-12-2021, 10:36   #80
mrmistoffelees

mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
[/B]

Not even shopping at Waitrose
Lower middle class that... Fortnum & Mason is where it's at
Old 02-12-2021, 10:38   #81
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Lower middle class that... Fortnum & Mason is where it's at
Old 02-12-2021, 10:42   #82
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
My comment - as expected/triggered: You'd need to go to Waitrose and John Lewis, Papa.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:08   #83
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
My comment - as expected/triggered: You'd need to go to Waitrose and John Lewis, Papa.
I don't think there's many of those in Scunthorpe, Seph. However, if Johnson is serious about levelling-up the country, he will surely incentivise Waitrose to open a branch there, so Papa doesn't have to drive to Lincoln for his weekly shop.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:19   #84
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Fine and totally irrelevant to the discussion thanks.

Hope that helps
Strange - I thought they worked on the "precautionary principle", which seems fairly relevant.

You posted
Quote:
You can’t run the world or your life on the pre-cautionary principle
And masks work on the precautionary principle of "if you wear one, you’re less likely to infect others or be infected"…

Quote:
precautionary - carried out as a precaution; preventive; measure taken beforehand to prevent harm or secure good
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 02-12-2021 at 11:26.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:25   #85
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't think there's many of those in Scunthorpe, Seph. However, if Johnson is serious about levelling-up the country, he will surely incentivise Waitrose to open a branch there, so Papa doesn't have to drive to Lincoln for his weekly shop.
Cleethorpes Andrew, I'm sure we had a Waitrose but now it's co-op.

but obviously i would wear a mask wherever it was.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:39   #86
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Oh for heaven's sake just wear the damned mask and wear it OVER your nose.
Oh for gods sake, just put your hand in the fire. Everybody else is doing it. If you’re a good person you’ll do it. I’m doing it, I’m a good person and morally superior to you.

What do you mean there’s no evidence that putting your hand in the fire will make a difference. It might make a difference isn’t that good enough for you. If we all put our hands in the fire like we’re told to by the government it possibly maybe might not hurt.

Oh for gods sake just do as your told, peasant.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Strange - I thought they worked on the "precautionary principle", which seems fairly relevant.

You posted

And masks work on the precautionary principle of "if you wear one, you’re less likely to infect others or be infected"…
You obviously don’t know what the precautionary principle is then.

It’s not solved by calling Direct Line.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:45   #87
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Oh for gods sake, just put your hand in the fire. Everybody else is doing it. If you’re a good person you’ll do it. I’m doing it, I’m a good person and morally superior to you.

What do you mean there’s no evidence that putting your hand in the fire will make a difference. It might make a difference isn’t that good enough for you. If we all put our hands in the fire like we’re told to by the government it possibly maybe might not hurt.

Last edited by Mick; 02-12-2021 at 11:53. Reason: Fixed end quote tag to appropriately show who said what.
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:49   #88
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

What happens if you have something on your hand that is growing could kill you and your loved ones and a good way of stopping it spreading is to put your hand in the fire. Would you then ??
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:00   #89
mrmistoffelees

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

You obviously don’t know what the precautionary principle is then.

It’s not solved by calling Direct Line.
There's well known,peer reviewed & documented evidence that putting your hand in a fire will cause you significant damage and pain up to and including death (should an infection come about as a result)

There's no known evidence supporting the same thing with wearing a mask, there is however peer reviewed & documented evidence that says masks may offer a degree of transmission reduction.

It's not about being morally superior, it's about having some common sense and consideration for others, something which in quite a few anti-maskers seems to be lacking (not necessarily yourself)
Old 02-12-2021, 12:42   #90
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

It's not about being morally superior, it's about having some common sense and consideration for others, something which in quite a few anti-maskers seems to be lacking (not necessarily yourself)
TBH having common sense and consideration for others does make you morally superior to those who only think of themselves.
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote