Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 06-02-2022, 20:41   #1291
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
I just think you're a tool.

And just to clarify that for you, that has nothing to do with your disability.
Explain why you are being so rude and the reasons for why you think the way that you do.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2022, 20:43   #1292
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The unpleasant way that I'm treated and spoken to by a small group of other people must be related to disabilith discrimination as that's the only thing that separates me apart from other members..
It might also be be related to you coming across as a colossal knob…………most of the time.
Old 06-02-2022, 20:53   #1293
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
The only cognitive issues you appear to have are those seemingly bordering on the sociopathic. I use that term carefully having been recently accused of it myself.

You do not, ever, come across on here as being cognitively challenged, in fact quite the opposite. You come across as being highly intelligent, manipulative, and totally in control.
We've been through this before. It's impossible for a non medically trained person to remotely diagnose someone else. Cognitive issues as a result of brain injury and many other difficulties have nothing to do with impaired intelligence.

I've previously explained how I use human and non human disability aids in order to use the Internet.

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It might also be be related to you coming across as a colossal knob…………most of the time.
Please give examples to back up your claim. I acknowledge that the way I process information and express myself will be impacted by my disability, as is the case with all brain impairments.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 21:15   #1294
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Explain why you are being so rude and the reasons for why you think the way that you do.
Well for one you accused me of something I didn't do and threatened legal action.

Two, I believe you live in a fantasy land and most the stuff you come out with is completely untrue.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 21:19   #1295
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Are you trying to run rings around me because you know that I have cognitive issues? It's certainly beginning to look that way.
.. and there you go again. Enjoy your rest from this topic.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 21:39   #1296
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Spreading Covid-19 disinformation would also be covered under a crime of sending a false communication.

Will Prof Neil Ferguson be affected by this?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 22:25   #1297
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
We've been through this before.
We have,…..many times.

Your issue is that nobody on here really knows you, or I, or anyone. That’s the way it works. On here we can only judge each other on what we post.

Over the years, based on how we post we can form opinions on each other, still flawed, yes.

My opinion on you based on how you post, is that the disability that you say you have. Doesn’t present itself. I do not, based on what you post, consider you disabled. I see no evidence. On here of your disability.

If someone on here had one leg, they would be disabled but that wouldn’t mean that they would be given any slack on what they post.

Same applies to you.
Old 07-02-2022, 08:55   #1298
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

The thing that concerns me is that unless people scream from the rooftops that they have a disability, nobody on a discussion forum will be aware of that disability. Or their race, or even their gender.

As a matter of interest, there are a number of regular posters on this forum that are in protected categories, and I only know that through the odd casual comment about it over a long period of time.

If someone is going to complain about a post someone makes, would the complainant not have to prove intent to discriminate? Of course, there will always be complaints from people offended on behalf of others.

I do empathise with vulnerable people - their lives can be a misery when people gang up on them because they tease or bully them due to that vulnerability. But any measures introduced need to be proportionate and balanced. I'm not sure that the Online Safety Bill does that.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:03   #1299
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The thing that concerns me is that unless people scream from the rooftops that they have a disability,
However some people scream about it at every opportunity they get, using it as a emotional “shield” from people who they’ve thrown silly and unfounded accusations at.

Even when the subject matter wasn’t about disabilities in the first place.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:27   #1300
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
However some people scream about it at every opportunity they get, using it as a emotional “shield” from people who they’ve thrown silly and unfounded accusations at.
I'm not saying if I'm in a protected group or not as I don't think it'd have any bearing on anything I post here. If it did then I'd apologise for upsetting anyone as a result, rather than use it as a way of excusing (rationalising?) any confrontational or derogatory comment I made.

I wonder how long it'll be until any new law is tested to see what floats as a defence. Hopefully, saying "I can't help what I say because......." will be as useless a defence as pleading ignorance is in almost any other circumstance.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:53   #1301
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

When I was a younger my old gran used to say to me a few sage sayings like Ignore them and they will go away and if you cannot say anything good then do not say anything.

Obviously, we all make mistakes and react when we should not but answer me this (to all who have the problem). If you dislike Richard so much why in Gods holy name do so many keep engaging with him?

An outsider could some and read a lot of these threads and think a lot of you are nasty peices of work because it does look like you target him and gang up on him. He is one guy saying stuff and acting how a lot of you appear to despise so a group have a go at him. Some call names and some post quite aggressively towards him yet you all slag him off saying you keep doing this and that and acting exactly how you expect yet you engage over and over again. No moral highground here you are as bad as him for rising to it.

I got off to a bad start here and after my runs have wound my neck in why don't some of you
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:03   #1302
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
When I was a younger my old gran used to say to me a few sage sayings like Ignore them and they will go away and if you cannot say anything good then do not say anything.

Obviously, we all make mistakes and react when we should not but answer me this (to all who have the problem). If you dislike Richard so much why in Gods holy name do so many keep engaging with him?

An outsider could some and read a lot of these threads and think a lot of you are nasty peices of work because it does look like you target him and gang up on him. He is one guy saying stuff and acting how a lot of you appear to despise so a group have a go at him. Some call names and some post quite aggressively towards him yet you all slag him off saying you keep doing this and that and acting exactly how you expect yet you engage over and over again. No moral highground here you are as bad as him for rising to it.

I got off to a bad start here and after my runs have wound my neck in why don't some of you
My Gran used to say "Sticks and stones may break your bones but calling will not hurt you." What happened to those days?

Today anything can be classed as hurtful to anybody, I wonder what the world will be like 20yrs from now.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:09   #1303
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
My Gran used to say "Sticks and stones may break your bones but calling will not hurt you." What happened to those days?

Today anything can be classed as hurtful to anybody, I wonder what the world will be like 20yrs from now.
well sticks and stones were always wrong and thankfully we are not in that world any more. Psychological bullying can be a lot worse than physical and last a lifetime I tell you I know
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 10:54   #1304
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

IMO If people are allowed or even expected to praise and/or approve of something or someone, then they should also be allowed to criticise. Otherwise you end up with a very distorted set of viewpoints.
You cannot challenge something, if that something isn't allowed to be presented in the first place.

It constantly annoys me when people play the X card, when that has nothing to do with the situation. EG If somebody is arguing with you or possibly attacking you, then all sorts if things are going to be said. As long as X has got anything to do with the original argument/attack, then the argument/attack isn't Xist.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:08   #1305
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
well sticks and stones were always wrong and thankfully we are not in that world any more. Psychological bullying can be a lot worse than physical and last a lifetime I tell you I know
Agreed. What's changed since granny's day is our increased understanding of mental health.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote