Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Missing part of the powerline kit thats allows me to get on demand from my Freesatbox

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Missing part of the powerline kit thats allows me to get on demand from my Freesatbox

Old 18-05-2014, 13:38   #1
Conrob
Inactive

Conrob is an unknown quantity at this point
Missing part of the powerline kit thats allows me to get on demand from my Freesatbox

Hi as a result of virgin installing my new hub and me not knowing as well as the engineer what the white box and ethernet cable was undeneath my computer desk , he said now that you have the new hub you most likely not need this box. Anyways as it turned out a week later i tried to get on demand from the tv. not working. due to not having a connection. It dawned on me then that what was thrown out was as I found out later part of the powerline Kit. I still have the other part of the kit that plugs into the tv. As i only need the part that goes into the hus via the e cable can anyone suggest what to do? I have looked at BTsmart TV broadband extender 200 powerline adapter kit at £19.99 this is the cheapest I have come across. would it work? Any help and advice welcome as clearly I am not very technical.
Conrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-05-2014, 14:08   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Missing part of the powerline kit thats allows me to get on demand from my Freesa

My first instinct would be to go on ebay and see if someone is selling the same kit that you were using secondhand. Other than that you are just going to have to buy a new set. Several members of this forum use powerline sets for their home networks, I'm sure one of them will be along shortly to recommend one for you.

Edit

What happened to the bit you unplugged from under your desk anyway? Is it still sitting in a bin somewhere?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 17:09   #3
Conrob
Inactive

Conrob is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Missing part of the powerline kit thats allows me to get on demand from my Freesa

Thanks for replying. The other bit went in the bin and was emptied on Wednesday.
Conrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 11:50   #4
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

are these a set of powerline adaptors your on about?

If so i dont know how an engineer didnt know what it was..

Any way u can also get these kits from Pc world, Maplins and yes the Ebay.
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote