Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | connections for wii and xbox 360

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

connections for wii and xbox 360

Old 18-08-2009, 16:50   #1
adrianbexcoys
Inactive

adrianbexcoys is an unknown quantity at this point
connections for wii and xbox 360

Hi all, i have a xbox 360 connected via component cable and optical cable. With getting a wii what is the best way to connect that up aswell. If i get a splitter will that all work ok. At the moment i only have the 3 leads connected for the 360 but as i understand i will have to have all 5 connected for the wii as it doesnt have an optical output. Does the xbox 360 sound still play thru the optical if all 5 leads are connected??????? Thanks
adrianbexcoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-08-2009, 16:59   #2
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: connections for wii and xbox 360

If your TV has HDMI input then connect your xbox to that, which should then free things up for your Wii,

I dont know about the optical as Ive never used it on my xbox but give it a go, if all else fails just keep your xbox the same and plug your Wii in via scart or red, white, yellow leads.

I know its not the best but at least you will still be able to have a play on your Wii
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 17:05   #3
adrianbexcoys
Inactive

adrianbexcoys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks for your reply. Yeah my tv is hd but my xbox 360 isnt the one where you connect via hd or have i missed something?? I have used a component splitter before when i had a dvd player connected to it aswell as the 360 but both were connected via optical cable so didnt have all 5 leads connected. Just need to know whether it would still play the sound thru optical if all cables were connected. Cheers tho
adrianbexcoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 22:04   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, the 360 will still output the audio over the optical connection even if the L&R audio plugs on the component cable are used.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote