Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Madeleine McCann

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Madeleine McCann

Old 05-05-2007, 17:30   #31
zing_deleted

Re: Toddler 'abducted' during holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas View Post
Perhaps a holier than thou attitude has crept in here?
I never left my infant or toddler daughter alone so im holier than those who have me thinks. You didnt answer my question Incog
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2007, 17:50   #32
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

I think people should just stop with all the blaming and just concentrate on finding her.
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 17:52   #33
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

The BBC are now saying that they have identified a suspect, lets hope it all ends in tears of happiness and not sorrow.
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 17:58   #34
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiSilence View Post
I think people should just stop with all the blaming and just concentrate on finding her.
Im sorry but I do not know where to look
Old 05-05-2007, 18:03   #35
marky
Inactive

marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
Im sorry but I do not know where to look
Portugal hopefully they havnt taken her to north africa.
Old 05-05-2007, 18:09   #36
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

Ok, I could have worded that a bit better.
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 18:54   #37
bonzoe
cf.mega poster

bonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud ofbonzoe has much to be proud of

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. I just cannot understand how any responsible parent could leave youngsters like this alone. Children are NOT a fashion accessory, they should be nurtured and cared for properly.

We never abandoned our daughter when she was little.

I just hope that whoever abducted the poor child will love her and care for her better than her "parents" did.

When will parents learn their responsiblities?? How many more abductions does it take?
bonzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 19:45   #38
marky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzoe View Post
This isn't the first time something like this has happened. I just cannot understand how any responsible parent could leave youngsters like this alone. Children are NOT a fashion accessory, they should be nurtured and cared for properly.

We never abandoned our daughter when she was little.

I just hope that whoever abducted the poor child will love her and care for her better than her "parents" did.

When will parents learn their responsiblities?? How many more abductions does it take?
Are you for real
Old 05-05-2007, 19:59   #39
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

The arguments about whose to blame will stop right now. I have never read such a pathetic and such judgemental thread before in all my life.

Preying that the girl is safe and returns to the family should come first. Forget blame, it's not going to bring back the girl.

Yes we should all have eyes in the back of head when it comes to having kids and we shouldn't leave them for more than a few minutes, but at the same time, it does not justify the fact that because some young kids might be on their own that some bloody sick and twisted individual then has every right to abduct a child.

There is a group of young kids playing at the bottom of our road right now, no adult with them, does that mean because no adult is about, some idiot can rightfully decide to just take one of them, as they won't get blamed for it, the parents or guardian will?

I'm sure the parents now know they should of been there, they would of been doing a lot of 'If I'd done this' - 'If I had of done that'. It's too late for *if's* the girl has vanished, she needs to be found now and lets hope she is but hey, some here want to kick the parents when they are already down in despair. Show some bloody compassion for crying out loud...
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 20:04   #40
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

Quote from the BBC News website:

The Ocean Club resort offered a creche service but the couple decided to leave Madeleine and two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie sleeping in the apartment.

My heart goes out to everyone affected and the blame should go squarely on the shoulders of whoever abducted her and I hope they rot in hell but there is no excuse to leave the children alone.

Why didn't they take advantage of the creche service, did they want to save money so they could spend it on their meal?

You do not leave children of that age alone in another building even for 10 minutes let alone an hour (as the news suggests) end of story.

I just sincerely hope there is a happy ending to this and if there is, the parents should be charged with neglect.
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 20:06   #41
zing_deleted

if they are 3 and under then they should be supervised and not playing in the street im sorry Mick you think this thread is wrong because people apportion blame but come on really a reasonable person just wouldn't would they? yeah whoever it was did is to blame but its not gotta be an abduction to be a tragedy what if there was a fire? what if the child falls or just gets scared cuz he/she wakes up alone its just wrong
Old 05-05-2007, 20:13   #42
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

It's too late to go back over what should of happened, they don't need any of you lot to tell them what they should of been doing. They know this and have unfortunately now payed a price - hence why I have said, starting to point fingers *already*, isn't going to bring the girl back.
Old 05-05-2007, 20:17   #43
zing_deleted

They are gonna be to busy to be reading this forum. Some people think its ok to do this with there children this thread could save another childs life who know some one reading this may never leave there kids in similar circumstances.
Old 05-05-2007, 20:28   #44
Berezovski
Permanently Banned

Berezovski can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Skids View Post
Quote from the BBC News website:

[I][SIZE=2]The Ocean Club resort offered a creche service but the couple decided to leave Madeleine and two-year-old twins Sean and Amelie sleeping in the apartment.
I never left my kids alone until they were 13. Pathetic parents. They should be jailed.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It's too late to go back over what should of happened, they don't need any of you lot to tell them what they should of been doing. They know this and have unfortunately now payed a price .
Nope, you cannot swipe under the carpet, the price is jail. I do not know the Portuguese law, but I will be surprised that a civilized nation wouldn't putthose two idiots into jail ...of course our thoughts are with the kid but those two morons should be jailed...

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berezovski View Post
I never left my kids alone until they were 13. Pathetic parents. They should be jailed.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Nope, you cannot swipe it under the carpet, the price is jail. I do not know the Portuguese law, but I will be surprised that a civilized nation wouldn't putthose two idiots into jail ...of course our thoughts are with the kid but those two morons should be jailed...
Berezovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 20:37   #45
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berezovski View Post

Nope, you cannot swipe under the carpet, the price is jail. I do not know the Portuguese law, but I will be surprised that a civilized nation wouldn't putthose two idiots into jail ...of course our thoughts are with the kid but those two morons should be jailed...
Well I'm so glad you are not in control of the justice system with coming out with such a ridiculous and moronic suggestion.