Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Madeleine McCann

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Madeleine McCann

Old 04-05-2007, 22:37   #16
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
Re: Toddler 'abducted' during holiday

I love the compasion this place shows
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2007, 22:45   #17
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky View Post
i feel very sorry for the little girl

not for those who should know an awfull lot better
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 23:11   #18
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

Rather than place blame lets just pray the lass is ok, the whole family must be in pieces
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:25   #19
SMG
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky TV, B/Band.
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal
SMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appealSMG has a bronzed appeal

I couldn't begin to know how the parents must feel. I only hope the child is found OK. But in this sad, twisted, fu*ked up world, with so much sub-human crap waiting in the sidelines to steal kids, I fear the worst. I hope I`m wrong.
SMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:55   #20
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Why when we read or hear anything in the news there is a rush to apportion blame?It's as if we become super human with no faults of our own and this in turn seems to imbue us with the right to be judge,jury and executioner.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:39   #21
zing_deleted

Quote:
Either way, I blame the person that took her NOT the parents

The person wouldnt have been able to if the parents were there

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Quote:
Rather than place blame lets just pray the lass is ok, the whole family must be in pieces
I do pray for the child but imo the parents are negligent

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas View Post
Why when we read or hear anything in the news there is a rush to apportion blame?It's as if we become super human with no faults of our own and this in turn seems to imbue us with the right to be judge,jury and executioner.
would you leave a 3 year old out of sight while you go out for dinner?? no 3 year old I know stays asleep all night imagine the distress if she woke after a bad dream and needed mummy or daddy??? no way no how should a 3 year old be left unattended under any circumstances.

Im sorry but im taking a hard line on this . It would not have happened if the parents were there that is beyond dispute

---------- Post added at 08:22 ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 ----------

Quote:

I can be sorry for what happened but idiots are still idiots

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 ----------

Just watched it on the news the resturant was round the corner the reporter says the parents could see and I quote "the corner" of the block and to make matters worse there was 2 younger children I think this is crazy I also quote the reporter " the parents took it in turns every half an hour to check on the them" well it does not take long does it for something this bad to happen maybe one of them should have not gone out for a meal eh and thought properly about the children. All compassion apart no one here can admit to me the parents had common sense . There are loads of things that can happen fire serious illness 30 minutes as proven here could mean the difference between life and death . I hope there is no parent on this forum practices this kind of thing I doubt anyone will come forward and say yes we do but if there are I hope they no longer do
Old 05-05-2007, 09:00   #22
jkat
Inactive

jkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud of

i cannot believe some of the highly judgemental/presumptuous comments about this poor little girl and her family, disgraceful!
jkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:01   #23
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkat View Post
i cannot believe some of the highly judgemental/presumptuous comments about this poor little girl and her family, disgraceful!
How are they presumptuous?
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:06   #24
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkat View Post
Would you have left a 3 infants/toddler then? the news is clear they were left unmonitored for half hour stretches that is wrong wrong wrong

I am judging them as irresponsible negligent and just plain stupid

Whats disgraceful is that the parents left 3 children no older than 3 years alone while they went out for a meal

There is no sugar coating this the child could be dead (God I hope not of course) because the parents were not there to look after her no ifs no buts
Old 05-05-2007, 10:12   #25
jkat
Inactive

jkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
Would you have left a 3 infants/toddler then? the news is clear they were left unmonitored for half hour stretches that is wrong wrong wrong

I am judging them as irresponsible negligent and just plain stupid

Whats disgraceful is that the parents left 3 children no older than 3 years alone while they went out for a meal

There is no sugar coating this the child could be dead (God I hope not of course) because the parents were not there to look after her no ifs no buts
i can understand your rage zinglebarb but u were not there neither was i. i'm sorry but i think it would serve the purpose more along with the media if u directed your rage towards the alledged abducter and while we are on the subject of childrens welfare do u drive, tolerate the iraq war? lol i could go on.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:15   #26
zing_deleted

why the alledged abductor wouldnt have the chance if the parents were there . Yeah he is an animal but the parents should never have left them .I dont drive cuz I nearly killed someone in an accident and chose never to drive. And ive made my view on the innocents killed in the war a long time ago
Old 05-05-2007, 10:28   #27
jkat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
I dont drive cuz I nearly killed someone in an accident and chose never to drive. And ive made my view on the innocents killed in the war a long time ago
sorry to hear that zingle, i dont drive either, only when i hire. btw as a parent i know what its like to bear the responsibilty of raising kids and the mistakes we all make in our lives.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:12   #28
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky News
A Mark Warner spokesman in the UK said: "We are all hoping that she is asleep under a bush somewhere and we will find her soon."
This guy makes it sound like a cat they're talking about!

I agree with others that they should never have been left alone. I work in a hotel and i see people on an evening coming down to the restaurant and have left their kids in the room alone, and that's in the same building and it really really winds me up.
I guess there's no point blaming the parents they've been punished enough and learnt the hard way.
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:39   #29
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

The "checking every half hour" statement seems to be changing.

BBC

"Madeleine, who turns four next Friday, was last seen by her father at about 2100 local time. When Mrs McCann went to check on her about an hour later, she found the bedroom's outside shutter and window had been opened and her daughter missing."
Whilst I can't begin to imagine the anguish the parents and family are going through (and I am a parent), and I hope to God that the little girl is found safe and sound, I do believe the parents were negligent in leaving three children under four years old unattended.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 17:19   #30
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
How are they presumptuous?
Perhaps a holier than thou attitude has crept in here?