Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Snow !

Old 12-01-2010, 23:26   #1531
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] Snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
Thawing up here as two oxygen thieves found out last night.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8454242.stm
What crime had they commited? I know it's reckless conduct. but given the circumstances and all. what law had they actually broken?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2010, 23:36   #1532
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Woohoo it's RAINING...as long as it doesn't snow or freeze...I may get the car moving tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2010, 23:36   #1533
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
What crime had they commited? I know it's reckless conduct. but given the circumstances and all. what law had they actually broken?
Culpable and Reckless conduct.

One of these nice Scottish catch-all laws where basically if you act like a twonk and cause danger to others you can get done. The Canal isn't a road (obviously) so they can't be done for traffic offences.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 23:40   #1534
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:

One of these nice Scottish catch-all laws where basically if you act like a twonk and cause danger to others you can get done. The Canal isn't a road (obviously) so they can't be done for traffic offences.
Ok. I take it that it was the twonks own car?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 23:42   #1535
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
Ok. I take it that it was the twonks own car?
Dunno. I've not seen or heard anything about them being charged with theft or taking without consent so I'd imagine it was.

Would love to see the insurance claim for it if it was their own car!
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 23:45   #1536
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Dunno. I've not seen or heard anything about them being charged with theft or taking without consent so I'd imagine it was.

Would love to see the insurance claim for it if it was their own car!
i'd love to see daddy's face if they'd borrowed it for the night
Old 13-01-2010, 09:19   #1537
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:

Nope, but British Waterways has powers to make byelaws. I bet they broke the canal speed limit for starters.

Besides that, the canal byelaws have plenty to say about causing a nuisance. Although I don't imagine BW will bother to get involved if the police are already dealing with it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 09:22   #1538
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Sheet ice on roads in NW Leeds - very treacherous.

Just left my car at the road-side, and walked the rest of the way.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 09:39   #1539
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

Looks like the 5 foot snowman the kids made a week ago has been partying too hard!

Roads and pavements treacherous again this morning and trains cancelled. Working at home again.
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 09:46   #1540
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Well, I looked out the window last night at about 11pm and it was snowing, but I didn't think it would stick as the flakes were tiny. Got up this morning at 5am and we'd had about 3 inches of new snow on top of that left from last week. At 8am I logged on at work and told them I was working from home today.

Outside I could see people queued up on an ungritted road to get to work. This time last week on a gritted road it was empty. So, people have obviously thought, "Well, I had a couple of days off last week, I must get in this week." Reports from people at work say the roads are terrible this morning, hardly any gritted except motorways. What a state where we've run out of grit and salt except for motorways after less than a week.

It's still coming down now at a fair rate, although the flakes are still quite small, but if it carries on all day as it's forecast, we'll be back to where we were last week.
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 09:49   #1541
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

The thaw had started to set in, and we have seen our road this morning for the first time in what feels like weeks, and now it's snowing again. If this were a game I would be taking my ball home in a huff.

I want it to stop now.
Old 13-01-2010, 09:52   #1542
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Nope, but British Waterways has powers to make byelaws. I bet they broke the canal speed limit for starters.

Besides that, the canal byelaws have plenty to say about causing a nuisance. Although I don't imagine BW will bother to get involved if the police are already dealing with it.
They probably have been done for littering and fly tipping..
Old 13-01-2010, 10:01   #1543
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

In Australia my aunt and uncle (who live there) have said that people have been sleeping on the beach as its 34c at night.
Old 13-01-2010, 10:42   #1544
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

tried to go to work, roads fairly empty, but cars were slow. Get to East Croydon, little or no trains, and those that are running are jammed.
Come home - take 70 minutes to travel 2.5 miles. over 2 hours to try and get into work, only actually travelling 2 miles down the road.

working from home today.

Seems like the snow has caught the councils and rail companies by surprise. Maybe they should try watching the weather forecast in the evening - everyone else knew it was going to snow
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 10:46   #1545
zing_deleted

Met Office knew it was coming lol