Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 09-01-2010, 04:49   #1501
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Merged] Snow!

Back on with a vengence in Glasgow. That and the icy roads made driving 'fun'
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2010, 05:56   #1502
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by III View Post
Thanks altis, this is now my wallpaper

Rob M lives in /dev/null
and mine too!
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:29   #1503
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I have split a discussion about the cancellation of the Grand Match (a once-in-a-generation nationwide curling tournament held in Scotland when one of the lochs is frozen sufficiently) into its own thread:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20...th-safety.html
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 14:30   #1504
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Evidently the low lifes who emptied the grit bin on our hill the other day are doing a roaring trade in this area clearing private driveways using the council's grit.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 15:17   #1505
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

more snow in SE London and a biting wind too. Doesn't seem to be settling much at moment though can't make up it's mind if it wants to do sleet or proper snow at moment
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 15:40   #1506
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Evidently the low lifes who emptied the grit bin on our hill the other day are doing a roaring trade in this area clearing private driveways using the council's grit.
At least they left the bin and just took the grit!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8448134.stm

Quote:
Thieves are suspected to have used a large vehicle and lifting gear to steal a grit bin with two tonnes of salt from a road in East Renfrewshire.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 20:18   #1507
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
At least they left the bin and just took the grit!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8448134.stm

Now why doesn't that surprise me?

We had some fairly major road works nearby recently and the trenches dug byt the workmen were cobvered with heavy guage steel sheets to allow vehicles to pass over them. One of my elderly neighbours spotted a couple of guys trying to life one of these onto a pick-up for scrap probably but fortunately all they got for their trouble was back strain...

These people have no consideration for anyone and couldn't care less about creating a major hazard for everyone else!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:24   #1508
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Well, we had about an inch of snow yesterday, which froze solid overnight. So now we're snowed in. I just tried to get out and the spot where the beer lorry was stuck the other day is absolutely treacherous. Fortunately I was only doing 10mph max when I came across an Audi estate skidding all over the place, and was able to stop reasonably easily. But that was enough to suggest I probably shouldn't go any further, given that my journey wasn't essential.

Now I'm sitting at my desk, looking out the window and watching the occasional car whizz by. The sad thing is, they'll go home tonight and tell people that the road up here is 'ok', or 'passable' or 'not that bad'. In fact, it's none of those things. If two cars meet on the bend half-way up that slope today, there's going to be a nasty accident. They don't know the danger they're in, but what can I do about it?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:53   #1509
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Its a balmy 0 degree's here with the odd bit of snow in the air and a bit of a thaw going on, warmest its been for about 2 weeks I think.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:59   #1510
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

I just finished making a snowman with the kids

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:59   #1511
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Seems to be thawing out here - hope it keeps on doing it.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 14:41   #1512
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
Seems to be thawing out here - hope it keeps on doing it.
Thawing here too Fed up with it now
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 15:00   #1513
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

It is thawing a bit here but we have had so much of it that it will take ages and I have heard there may be more on the way.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 13:59   #1514
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Nearly all melted here, and it was raining for quite a while last night.

Now we're at the horrible messy dirty slushy stage

At least my dog didn't bring loads of mud through the house with the snow.
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 22:51   #1515
Tuftus

Thawing here too in Milton Keynes. Not used my car in a week having used public transport. Saved me a few quid too, except I have been late for work every morning....

Will get a new bus pass tomorrow