Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2013, 14:07   #376
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Never had any bad experiences as such yet. It's usually when cancelling something that I find myself frustrated at them even if it's British CS. I rang for a replacement Super hub a while back and a woman answered and I just asked for a replacement hub to which I got a reply of we'll need to send an engineer out for the fault. I tried to explain I wasn't stupid and it was completely dead and needed replaced which is a simple postage job with Virgin and then have them collect the old one. She wouldn't have it. Reason this isn't a bad experience is because when I called later on in the day and got through to an Indian chap he was quick to order a new one and understood everything along with going through the correct if not a little silly procedure before ordering.

So yeah sometimes you get more sense from the offshore than you do from home.
Old 23-12-2013, 02:43   #377
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

virgin media cable in my garden and it is for my neighbours service Virgin media came out to remove the cable three times and my neighbour gave three different reasons to why she wanted to stay in my garden 1st being that she wanted the service but wanted the cable to remain in my garden 2nd reasons is that she wanted VM to promise that they would not cut through any other cable in her garden to which VM could not guarantee the 3rd and wait for this she then told VM that it was her land. Two field managers came out to see me and i proved the land was mine but they said they would not be moving it and now i have to pay a lawyer to send a copy of the deeds to their legal team why should i have to pay when i have proved to there field manager the land is mine!!! so angry at VM....why do they not ask my neighbour for prove that the land is her's i will be sending them a letter from my lawyer and i will be claiming my loss from them as i have proved the land is mine as after all TITLE DEEDS PROVE THE LAND IS MINE so what is there problem Did i say in my opinion VM took the easy way to route the cable as my neighbours garden is full of trees i mean big leylandii trees, where as my garden is soil why does VM do this as only the owner of a property can give them permission.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 03:01   #378
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
virgin media cable in my garden and it is for my neighbours service Virgin media came out to remove the cable three times and my neighbour gave three different reasons to why she wanted to stay in my garden 1st being that she wanted the service but wanted the cable to remain in my garden 2nd reasons is that she wanted VM to promise that they would not cut through any other cable in her garden to which VM could not guarantee the 3rd and wait for this she then told VM that it was her land. Two field managers came out to see me and i proved the land was mine but they said they would not be moving it and now i have to pay a lawyer to send a copy of the deeds to their legal team why should i have to pay when i have proved to there field manager the land is mine!!! so angry at VM....why do they not ask my neighbour for prove that the land is her's i will be sending them a letter from my lawyer and i will be claiming my loss from them as i have proved the land is mine as after all TITLE DEEDS PROVE THE LAND IS MINE so what is there problem Did i say in my opinion VM took the easy way to route the cable as my neighbours garden is full of trees i mean big leylandii trees, where as my garden is soil why does VM do this as only the owner of a property can give them permission.
If it is on your land and you do not use it why not cut the cable yourself and then when they come to reinstall refuse entry to your property so that they can't route it through your garden. I know it's not the proper way of doing it but it's more likely to get results.
ocav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 03:39   #379
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

i can't as it is now a legal matter
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:18   #380
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Does anyone know how long it will take for Virgin media legal department to reply to a letter they received by recorded delivery on the 3rd January.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:47   #381
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

@weenie, I think that they are required to get back to you with in 28 days.
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:05   #382
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

---------- Post added at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 ----------

Thank you for the quick reply still cannot believe I have to even do this. I find this whole experience quite daunting especially dealing with such a big company.
Old 06-01-2014, 23:10   #383
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Access Filed Manager phoned and was given a reference number for the case and to give them 14 day's also I will be receiving a letter from them confirming the call. Fingers crossed all goes well.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:08   #384
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Generally OK if I can understand their English.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 02:55   #385
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

What you seem to get with Virgin Media when you phone them is you think feel like then you hang up and they
Old 18-01-2014, 11:04   #386
SuperHighway
Inactive

SuperHighway is an unknown quantity at this point

Decided to go back to virgin for my TV..already had Phone and Broadband. Called them up to explain what Sky was offering and what could they offer. After some to'ing and fro'ing settled on a final figure for their top bundle. Based on past experience asked the rep to confirm the figure 3 times. Installation went ahead but the SH2 I was promised was no where to be seen - by this time still had not received a contract. Had to sort out the SH2 and on calling up was told they would wave the £20 delivery charge, I would think so as it should have been part of the installation in the first place. Contract turned up and surprise surprise was completely different to what had been discussed. Called them up and complained...said they were sorry that I had been missold but there was nothing they could do. Told them to cancel the TV package and revert me back to my original package. Told they would have to cancel everything and start again. Re-did my sums and I was still saving a little over Sky so decided to take it on the chin and keep the service. Will not be making the same mistake in 12 months time. Will get it in writing before I agree. In addition I was told I would get the netflix trial...5 days passed from the installation and no netflix code. Rang them up to be told sorry you don't qualify. But I was offered it I said, nope you don't qualify. This was the final straw so I said cancel the lot - she then spoke to a "manager" and said she couldn't give me 6 month free trial code but would instead credit me with £5.99 per month to offset the cost of 5 months netflix as I would get 1 month free trial anyway when I signed up............... learnt my lesson for next time.
SuperHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 11:07   #387
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

well over the past 2 weeks i feel as if i was lied to.

We had an outage of all services and for around 10 days i was getting high latency on my broadband that Virgin stated they couldn't see at their end.

When i spoke to second line support they also stated they couldn't see a problem yet 2 days later the problem miraculously fixed itself.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2014, 14:45   #388
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Not nice to deal with at all think they should look up the meaning of customer service as they seem to have no idea what it should mean...I to will be leaving them when my contract runs out and I do not care if I will be paying more by going to Sky I say to Virgin Media.
Old 18-01-2014, 17:14   #389
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Chief Executive department phoned me last night at 7.20 pm and was very nice also said they are now looking into the issue with the cable being laid in my garden, I do not know if this is a good thing or not I am hoping that means it will be getting removed soon they said that they will phone me back on Monday does anyone think this will be good news for me surely if it was not going to be moved they would have said that!!!just don't know...What do you guys think
Old 04-02-2014, 00:44   #390
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I won cable getting removed on Friday so so Happy.. legal department has told them to reroute the cable supplying my neighbour to their property and get it off my land they should have listened to me as I aint like my arrogant neighbour and defo no liar ... Do they not know that Weenie is an