Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The nintendo wii media and information thread!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

The nintendo wii media and information thread!

Old 11-12-2006, 00:00   #46
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: The nintendo wii media and information thread!

Just been playing Wii sports on my friends Wii.
Lot's of fun. Very nicely designed console too

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2006, 00:02   #47
zing_deleted

Im actually going to go for this when there available next year and purely for Red Steel.Being a FPS enthusiast this game has to be my dream come true maybe just maybe it could lure me away from my pc
Old 11-12-2006, 00:09   #48
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I had a go on Red Steel. It seems to be like a mix between James Bond, Call Of Duty, and Shenmue. Look's good.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:04   #49
Logan
Inactive

Services: Sky+ NTL 10mb
Logan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Logan

Anyone actually played Red Steel? Because so far, all online reviews of it have panned it good and proper. Which is sad, because I traded in some PSP and DS titles to go and get this, but because of the ****e reviews picked up Rayman instead lol

Anyone else waking up this morning with the most aches and pains in your arms and legs!? I feel like I ran a marathon or swam the channel lol
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:22   #50
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Anyone actually played Red Steel? Because so far, all online reviews of it have panned it good and proper. Which is sad, because I traded in some PSP and DS titles to go and get this, but because of the ****e reviews picked up Rayman instead lol

Anyone else waking up this morning with the most aches and pains in your arms and legs!? I feel like I ran a marathon or swam the channel lol
a bit
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 16:06   #51
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, Red Steel isn't your fast-paced FPS a la CoD, MoH, FEAR, etc... I'm waiting for the reviews of Far Cry, as I think this should be what I was hoping Red Steel was gonna be.

ps - check out this auction... I'm astounded that something that cost only £265 on Friday has gone for £700!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nintendo-Wii-2...QQcmdZViewItem
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 18:14   #52
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Kinda wished I bought one now, especially after reading about Red Steel.

Stand no chance now til well into next year. Nuts.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 19:56   #53
Logan
Inactive

Logan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really nice

Red Steel has been panned by most respected reviewers. Anyone actually own it who could let me know what its really like?
Old 14-12-2006, 11:52   #54
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

OK people, I have not bought any games or consoles since the Nintendo 64.

So I was wondering, were is the best place to buy a new Nintendo Wii, well at least order one and get it sent when they have some.

not ebay, i want a brand new, and cost the RRP

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2006, 11:58   #55
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Game, or keep checking Amazon.

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

Oh you HAVE to get Zelda. So So good!
Old 14-12-2006, 12:05   #56
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Game, or keep checking Amazon.

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

Oh you HAVE to get Zelda. So So good!
thats why I want one, I got the 64 for zelda, ocarina of time, it was fab too

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2006, 12:07   #57
zing_deleted

well if Red steel isnt what I hoped guess ill not be leaving my pc afterall least you guys have saved me from making an expensive mistake
Old 14-12-2006, 12:42   #58
Logan
Inactive

I exchanged my initial purchase of Rayman for Red Steel.

I spent a good hour playing Red Steel on the first night. Got to be honest, this isn't a groundbreaking FPS by any stretch of the imagination. However, its not a bad game if you are prepared to take some time to get used to the control mechanism, which, coming from an ex-hardcore PC FPS fanatic, is much more familiar to the faithful mouse and keyboard, then a gamepad ever was/is.

So in terms of graphics it won't blow you away, but if you want to perfectly demonstrate what the Wii has to offer in terms of alternative and unique control mechanics, this is a perfect example of what is to come, and quite frankly, the future is bright for the FPS genre on the Wii.

One more thing I would add. If you were a massive fan of the classic N64 game Goldeneye, and wiled away many a wee hour playing it multiplayer with your mates, then you MUST get Red Steel. The multiplayer aspect is SOOOO reminiscent of Goldeneye you'd sometimes lose yourself wondering whether you'd stepped back in time to those good ol' days! Definitely worth it for the multiplayer aspect.
Old 14-12-2006, 12:56   #59
zing_deleted

as im a hardcore fps multiplayer you would you say give this a go then?
Old 14-12-2006, 12:58   #60
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Even so there are likely to be many FPS games on the Wii