Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freesat and STV player

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freesat and STV player

Old 10-05-2020, 22:29   #1
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Freesat and STV player

I have been watching STV player on Freesat with no problem, My net went down last week so I had to reconnect to my TV , That was no problem. Signed into BBC I player no problem, But when I went to find the www.stv.tv/ Freesat there was no place to add the code number from the tv screen, The one I did find said they did not recognise the number on the screen , so frustrating,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2020, 00:07   #2
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freesat and STV player

I often find webpages can reformat for the worse in certain circumstances. Sometimes if you view a webpage in portrait on a device certain page elements get hidden, so rotate it and view it landscape.
On a similar note, some webpages display differently when a mobile device is detected. Again, this can hide important bits. Try a different device and/or tick Desktop Site or the equivalent in your mobile device's browser.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:18   #3
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I often find webpages can reformat for the worse in certain circumstances. Sometimes if you view a webpage in portrait on a device certain page elements get hidden, so rotate it and view it landscape.
On a similar note, some webpages display differently when a mobile device is detected. Again, this can hide important bits. Try a different device and/or tick Desktop Site or the equivalent in your mobile device's browser.
Tried the same thing on my PC,, but not much Joy, Some people complaining about the same thing,
Old 11-05-2020, 16:06   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

How about this?

Video
http://support.stv.tv/support/soluti...ayer-on-my-tv-

https://my.stv.tv/?siteAction=localL...ce=%2Factivate
Old 12-05-2020, 21:29   #5
nashville
nashville

Still cannot sign into STV player as they say numbers on the tv do not match , must be something to do Freesat ,
Old 12-05-2020, 22:55   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Still cannot sign into STV player as they say numbers on the tv do not match , must be something to do Freesat ,
Tried making a new account?

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

It's probably something simple you're doing wrong like the account you're logged into on the TV is a different account you log into on a computer which is why it is saying the codes wrong.
Old 13-05-2020, 12:55   #7
nashville
nashville

Will try again
Old 13-05-2020, 18:14   #8
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Will try again
Any luck, are you 100% sure both accounts are exactly the same with same log in details?
Old 13-05-2020, 18:40   #9
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Any luck, are you 100% sure both accounts are exactly the same with same log in details?
I've never seen the Freesat version of the STV Player, but to my recollection the most I've been asked for was postcode. But I rarely use it, so what do I know.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 19:08   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I've never seen the Freesat version of the STV Player, but to my recollection the most I've been asked for was postcode. But I rarely use it, so what do I know.
I've no idea to be honest, so it maybe just on PC/tablet you create an account, like i have done with similar things, so i am at a loss why the code isn't working unless 2 different internet connections are being used like the account is being logged into via a mobile internet connection and the freesat box is on normal internet?