Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Where can I get a Wii?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Where can I get a Wii?

Old 11-01-2007, 13:20   #76
zing_deleted

Re: Where can I get a Wii before Jan 4th

or you could be patient and wait like myself
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2007, 15:13   #77
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
or you could be patient and wait like myself
True. I was and didn't really care. But registered on the site and managed to get one. If I hadn't I would be happy to wait, but certainly wouldn't moan about it.
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 16:15   #78
gooner4life
cf.geek

Services: SkyQ 2TB - Multiroom x3, VM 350Mb cable broadband.
gooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpackgooner4life has a very nice sixpack

I got one from Amazon Germany,

Due to be delivered on the 15th Jan, my birthday
gooner4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 19:15   #79
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

Gamestation apparently. 10am tomorrow.
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 14:29   #80
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Where can I get a Wii?

Thread title changed as Jan 4th is long gone.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 14:34   #81
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Argos £180 in stock!
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 15:10   #82
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

got one today, with zelda and a spare remote and nunchuk

great, plays well, and looks the buisness.

I suggest going to your local game and asking to be put on a list. 2 days later and I got one.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 20:40   #83
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Nice one, Ik.

If you've got wireless, feel free to post your Wii Friends Code in the thread we've got running, so we can all share our Miis
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 11:56   #84
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
Nice one, Ik.

If you've got wireless, feel free to post your Wii Friends Code in the thread we've got running, so we can all share our Miis
will do, but I need to set up my router so that it is totally secure and only lets the wii through on wireless, the rest are wired.

I will post when up and running

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 11:48   #85
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

Xeno has apperantly made a working Wii drive modchip.
They wont say anymore until they are sure that is working - perhaps those gigs of wii raw dumps people have sitting in c:\torrent downloads will be usefull soon.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 15:12   #86
Gareth
cf.mega poster

That's not good. Having a modchip will impact the number of 3rd party developers who are prepared to release games for the Wii. Nintendo needs to have as many 3rd parties on board as possible. Having EA, Ubisoft, etc... release games is good, but they need more companies if the console is to have much of a future.

Hopefully Nintendo will be able to block people with modchips from playing online, although without a centralised system, e.g. an equivalent of XBox Live, I wonder how they'll do it.
Old 15-01-2007, 15:52   #87
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

im sure the debate could go on for a while but people have been playing copied games on just about every generation of console yet developers still seem more than happy to make new games for new platforms.
people that are happy to play copied games are also more than happy to miss out on the online side of things as well i expect after all they did just save £40..
the wii hasnt been out long dont right it off yet
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 16:46   #88
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Yeah, hope I'm being too pessimistic and it's future is bright

On another note, ebuyer.com are selling 150 consoles later this week. Only as a bundle though, and not necessarily the best bundle I've ever seen. The QuickFind code is 123949, for anyone with £340 burning a hole in their pocket.
Old 17-01-2007, 14:50   #89
Smilie
Inactive

Smilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of lightSmilie is a glorious beacon of light

theres stock at Ebuyer right (like 80)
but they are bundles
with quite a few games

not getting 1 myself as i dont think ill play it

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/123949
Smilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2007, 14:54   #90
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilie View Post
theres stock at Ebuyer right (like 80)
but they are bundles
with quite a few games

not getting 1 myself as i dont think ill play it

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/123949
just got one for the OH - I had it on back order & two other places but couldn't get confirmed delivery dates so I bit the bullet & shelled out the money
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote