Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Madeleine McCann

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Madeleine McCann

Old 06-05-2007, 14:53   #121
nfs6600
cf.geek

Services: All
nfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant future
Re: Toddler 'abducted' during holiday

This is a forum and everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Of course, we all hope that the child is returned safe and well. But that doesnt hide the fact that the parents should not have left the child on her own. They could see the room from where they were sat? They still left her. What makes this worse, in my view, is that this was in a forgien land of which they did not know well. Ok, this can happen anywhere in the world, but to me it still makes it that little more worse than if it were in their own home.
nfs6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-05-2007, 15:05   #122
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

I totally agree with Zingle on this and am still amazed that folk think leaving young children on their own is acceptable. This was brought home to me recently when someone I know of had their 4 year old die in their arms, everything happened within a few seconds showing how quickly events can happen.

Part of me feels anger towards these parents for being so stupid and selfish yet my heart goes out to them in such a sad and awful situation. I hope that parents that may have taken such a chance in the future may now have second thoughts and realise that bad things can happen when you least expect them.

As for her disappearance I wonder if they have the same system in Portugal as they do in the States where paedos are known to the police and exactly where they live. Maybe that's why the police sound confident as they have an idea who may be involved?
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 15:30   #123
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Portugese Police have arrested a man in connection with the Maddie McCann child abduction incident in The Algarve in Portugal.

http://www.functionpix.com/index.php...Abductor/1376/

Nothing said about Maddie though.
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 15:37   #124
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The man is thought to be a local unemployed person with previous convictions for child molestation and false imprisonment.
What???
It looks like its the same as the UK for getting the perves of the streets then
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 16:32   #125
kryogenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Portugese Police have arrested a man in connection with the Maddie McCann child abduction incident in The Algarve in Portugal.

Nothing said about Maddie though.
Wow. I wonder why Sky and BBC aren't carrying this story?
I hope it's not bad news.
Old 06-05-2007, 16:57   #126
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge View Post
I totally agree with Zingle on this and am still amazed that folk think leaving young children on their own is acceptable. This was brought home to me recently when someone I know of had their 4 year old die in their arms, everything happened within a few seconds showing how quickly events can happen.

Part of me feels anger towards these parents for being so stupid and selfish yet my heart goes out to them in such a sad and awful situation. I hope that parents that may have taken such a chance in the future may now have second thoughts and realise that bad things can happen when you least expect them.

As for her disappearance I wonder if they have the same system in Portugal as they do in the States where paedos are known to the police and exactly where they live. Maybe that's why the police sound confident as they have an idea who may be involved?
I've NEVER said it was acceptable but I do hate the way this thread turned into a vigilante thread against the parents with barely any ire against whomever had abducted the child.I also worry about how we on this site sometimes judge others in such a draconian manner.That compassion is not a commodity we seem to show lately.
Old 06-05-2007, 17:10   #127
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have read all the comments on these pages, some blame the parents and some the person who has taken the child, l as a parent with three children and two grandchildren (that are right little bovvers), the whole point of this is that it has taken so much pressure from this country to place on the situation for something to happen, we all know that there are some ' sick ' people out there, who would take someone so young, l hope and pray that she will be found safe, but the longer its goes on to start to wonder if she is still in the country, there was a story in the media, where a young girl was assaulted in her bed, and the parents were in the next room asleep. lets all hope it ends with good news.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 19:19   #128
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogenik View Post
Wow. I wonder why Sky and BBC aren't carrying this story?
I hope it's not bad news.
Oh I do hope the report is correct, that they have got someone, and that Maddy is safe. Could it be this was not just a random snatch, by a lucky passing pedophile? Perhaps their every move had been watched. The McCann's were in a party of 9 adults and 8 children, but Maddy was his/her/their chosen target, especially as she was sleeping in the middle of her two siblings, but she was singled out. The abductor was determined, and who is to say that if she hadn't been taken from her bed, they would have found an other opportune moment to snatch her? Hopefully the police have got a list of local offenders, and it won't be long before they nail the culprit.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 19:37   #129
Berezovski
Permanently Banned

Berezovski can only hope to improve

Why isn't any of this on bbc or sky?

They offered 100K award

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...,00.html?f=rss
Berezovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 19:41   #130
zing_deleted

It wasnt on the last news I saw either an hour ago or so
Old 06-05-2007, 19:45   #131
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Detectives have a suspect in mind and have put together a sketch, but refuse to reveal any more details for fear of endangering her
Makes sense
marky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 20:11   #132
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I have been checking all the news reports and can find nothing to confirm the earlier news report of an arrest anywhere either on European, or more specifically Portuguese News sites.

I still hope that the reporter has her facts right and that the police know more than they are saying.

No child or parent deserves to be going through this kind of nightmare.
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 20:24   #133
kryogenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I have been checking all the news reports and can find nothing to confirm the earlier news report of an arrest anywhere either on European, or more specifically Portuguese News sites.
Thanks for that. I've been doing much of the same.
It's a strange one for sure.
Got Sky News on constant anyway. I'm sure something will come to light soon.
Fingers crossed for a happy and positive end to this nightmare.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:18   #134
saferkidzuk
Inactive

saferkidzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

We all hope Maddie is found safe and well.
I have a six year old and three weeks ago we stayed in a hotel family room.
When she was fast a sleep we popped next door but one room and left inter com on to listen for her just in case she woke.
We will not be doing that again ever.
saferkidzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:19   #135
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I would never leave a child and two very young children alone.
The place they are in is totally unfamiliar to them and young children can get up to loads of things in very little time.

I do feel sorry for the parents though. Whether they should have been with the children or not, they are facing what any parent's dread happening, a complete nightmare.
I really hope that Maddie is found safe and well.
This happening to anyone is just awful and I hope whoever has taken her get's caught.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote