Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Question about the £10 SIM for Virgin Media customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Why dont VM offer a flexible "family pack" ?

Old 07-06-2008, 23:26   #1
jbrennand
Inactive

jbrennand is an unknown quantity at this point
Why dont VM offer a flexible "family pack" ?

Just looking at the new better value tariffs for VM customers. £30 buys you 1000 mins and 1000 texts. Would be great if VM offered this to be split over 4 SIMs (or pro-rata for 5 or more) and you could choose the split to suit the individual family members needs. e.g. I'd get....

Me - 350 mins + 100 Texts
Mrs - 350 mins + 100 texts
lass - 200 mins + 600 texts
Lad - 100 mins + 200 texts

4 consecutive numbers would be good too.

I'd go for that right now.

John
jbrennand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2008, 00:49   #2
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age
Re: Why dont VM offer a flexible "family pack" ?

I totally agree with you. It would be great to share mins/texts with my family. We hardly use them hence why none of us are on contract, but if Virgin or any other provider did this we would move to it straight away. In America/Canada these 'family packs' are quite popular.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:25   #3
cybernetic_tiger
Inactive

cybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant futurecybernetic_tiger has a brilliant future

VM have enough billing issues with fixed rate billing put flexible into the mix and you would never be able to work out what was going on!
cybernetic_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:29   #4
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Must admit it would be nice, but as the whole mobile phone charging system is a total mine field of price packages regardless of the supplier I think this one is a long way off.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:49   #5
jbrennand
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Must admit it would be nice, but as the whole mobile phone charging system is a total mine field of price packages regardless of the supplier I think this one is a long way off.
As Nikesh says - they are available in north America - but I guess that is a long way off

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernetic_tiger View Post
VM have enough billing issues with fixed rate billing put flexible into the mix and you would never be able to work out what was going on!
How hard can it be ! All they have to do is put the allowances against the numbers - it's what they do now and they can change it easily whenever you want to change tariff.

John
Old 08-06-2008, 18:03   #6
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

From my experience Virgin Mobile's billing is very competent; they use completely seperate systems from the rest of Virgin Media.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 19:05   #7
zing_deleted

so who pays the bills when one of those go over and the others do not? do not see this as a feasible idea personally
Old 08-06-2008, 20:48   #8
piggy
Inactive

piggy has disabled reputation

the account would be in 1 name, much like your credit card
piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 14:20   #9
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernetic_tiger View Post
your spot on cyb.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 15:06   #10
PeteTheMusicGuy
Inactive

Services: VM M BB, VM XL TV and M Phone
PeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond reputePeteTheMusicGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PeteTheMusicGuy Send a message via Yahoo to PeteTheMusicGuy

You can add up to 6 phones on a BT Mobile account according to this http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...?topicId=23176
PeteTheMusicGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 15:15   #11
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrennand View Post
4 consecutive numbers would be good too.
If you're very lucky, could happen anyway - my mum and I bought PAYG SIMs from Virgin Mobile, from the same shop at the same time. Our phone numbers we were given up being separated by 17
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 22:54   #12
jbrennand
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
so who pays the bills when one of those go over and the others do not? do not see this as a feasible idea personally
It is one account - just that it would be sub-divided up into 4. So if the total allowance is exceeded the account holder pays the extra charge - just as it works now. The account holder then has the pleasure of bestowing maximum vengance upon the family member who transgressed ! 1 month of washing up for you my lad ! I like it more and more

John
Old 11-06-2008, 00:25   #13
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
As others have said, this is common over here. You pay for a family talk plan and then an extra $9.95 a line, the minutes and texts etc are on a first come first served basis rather than you needing to apportion in advance.
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...equestid=20414
Was just thinking but Orange used to do this, or was it that they just allowed multiple phones in the same house to go on the same bill.
Just looking at my last Orange Pay Monthly bill and I was listed as being on Core Plan 19 so I guess that was a legacy contract style.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 22:08   #14
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Why not launch a petition?

Everytime I get people to moan to Virgin Mobile by email, they always send it to the feedback team and do something to resolve it.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 22:33   #15
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

I'm on £10 per month for 300 minutes and 300 SMS.
With tariffs like that, there's no economic sense to add a sharing tariff.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote