Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | World Cup 2006 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

World Cup 2006 Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 15:51   #46
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: World Cup 2006 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
And nothing for us taffs? Typical English racism....
Only because I don't work with any
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2006, 17:05   #47
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Yes but you didn't think of that when you forced that picture on us did you??

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 18:42   #48
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

Going for argentina. bought an argentina shirt with "5 mascherano" on the back(which is what number he usually has) only for them to give him number 8 this time

don't think england will win, but i will be rooting for them until they come against argentina.

can't see brazil's idea of all out attack(taking one player with defensive ability would've been nice) working in the latter stages

i was going to pick holland as dark horses until van basten lost the plot
Legendary_PSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 18:52   #49
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_PSR

i was going to pick holland as dark horses until van basten lost the plot
What do you mean lost the plot?
Old 07-06-2006, 19:06   #50
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

let's just say, with a few exceptions, i wasn't too keen on his team selection. i'm not really a big fan of the dutch league, which clouds my judgement on quite a few players
Old 07-06-2006, 19:13   #51
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_PSR
let's just say, with a few exceptions, i wasn't too keen on his team selection. i'm not really a big fan of the dutch league, which clouds my judgement on quite a few players
Fair enough, but he's built a team (at the expense of some players who are/were good, but have egos that are too big). Anyway, the stats are in his favour. One loss in 21 qualifiers/friendlies. Beat the Czech Republic twice in the qualifiers. As a trainer he's built up a lot of credit over this campaign.
Old 07-06-2006, 20:15   #52
jellybaby
Inactive

Services: VM VIP50
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
Send a message via AIM to jellybaby Send a message via MSN to jellybaby

Rooney will play in World Cup !!!

jellybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 20:18   #53
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybaby

If selected
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 20:56   #54
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

will either support, apart from England, Czech Republic or Spain

both have good squads and are great on their day but just never seem to do it at a major tourney and end up letting the fans down

just like England
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 21:05   #55
pedantic
Inactive

pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze

Well, the odds suggest the winners won't be from south america. It's only happened once, where a south american team won in europe, and that was Brazil (strangely enough ) in 1958, in Sweden.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:27   #56
Nugget
Inactive

Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
I know it's mean, but it made me laugh!

A Scottish colleague of mine (who I have to say does have a sense of humour, and will appreciate the gag ), is foolishly out of the office tomorrow, so it would have been rude of me not to do it

Oh, and apologies to all of our Scottish members
Just thought I'd show you the finished article - I think his seat looks good with the flag draped over it
Old 08-06-2006, 11:19   #57
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Just thought I'd show you the finished article - I think his seat looks good with the flag draped over it
He's gonna love you
Old 08-06-2006, 11:23   #58
Nugget
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic
He's gonna love you
That's one word for it
Old 08-06-2006, 11:31   #59
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybaby

you'll have to get past the group stages first.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:56   #60
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

i think every manager has just learned that you should never ever play your first team in friendlies before the world cup.

i don't like or rate cisse, but still, that sucks

Quote:
well, the odds suggest the winners won't be from south america. It's only happened once, where a south american team won in europe, and that was Brazil (strangely enough ) in 1958, in Sweden.
yeah but history doesn't mean anything.