Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phantom connections to the net

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Phantom connections to the net

Old 08-03-2010, 16:14   #1
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice
Phantom connections to the net

My phone has been connecting itself to the net and incurring the 30pence daily charge. It also shows many other instances in the middle of the night.
Virgin are giving back the charges and im awaiting a call to work through my settings in case ive done something wrong.
Anyone else had issues of this nature and can throw any light on it so i can check something before they call?
I went to great pains to avoid accidental connections by making my home wifi the preferred method and for any other to be activated manually by me.
Some connections were when the phone was switched off at night so im pretty sure its a genuine fault but thought it worth asking here.

The phone is a nokia 5800 by the way!
daveetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2010, 16:17   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Phantom connections to the net

Lots of software or even email settings can link a phone automatically to the net.. My partner used to have this problem until we figured out it was a TOMTOM setting getting traffic reports every 30 minutes. Make sure it isn;t anything like that first
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote