Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What is the difference between a Hybrid and an Electric Car

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What is the difference between a Hybrid and an Electric Car

Old 23-01-2023, 07:47   #16
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: What is the difference between a Hybrid and an Electric Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Have say not sure that EVs are really worth the trouble yet. A friend and I both have recently had to go to Southampton him from Swansea and me from Cardiff allowing for the fact that Cardiff is 40 minutes or so closer, lt still took him 1hour45min longer to get there and over 2 hrs longer to get home. Problem was charging , my gas guzzler took 10 mins or so to top up he took been 1and 1/2 hours and 2 hrs. Guess it's great if you love service station's
Same for me i would never change back to ICE. I have an Ionic and i have only had to charge on a public charger once, rest of the time i charge at home on a 7Kw charger.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-01-2023, 13:06   #17
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
So for me, a hybrid is best as I only do short local trips and a max of 2500 per year.
To me, personally, that sounds like you're a perfect candidate for an electric car

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Same for me i would never change back to ICE. I have an Ionic and i have only had to charge on a public charger once, rest of the time i charge at home on a 7Kw charger.
SWMBO has a Q4 E Tron sportback 40 and it will only ever need to be charged at home.

Mine has much less range, but don't care it's too much fun

Add solar panels & batteries into the mix and it's peanuts to charge them both.
Old 23-01-2023, 16:09   #18
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
To me, personally, that sounds like you're a perfect candidate for an electric car

SWMBO has a Q4 E Tron sportback 40 and it will only ever need to be charged at home.

The price far too high for me as a pensioner
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2023, 18:17   #19
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post

I must admit to loving the acceleration, It is nearly as fast as the BMW 530D that the wife drives.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2023, 20:56   #20
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
The price far too high for me as a pensioner
I’d suggest against a hybrid then increased complexity for not much return

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I must admit to loving the acceleration, It is nearly as fast as the BMW 530D that the wife drives.

2.6 seconds 0-60 in mine, has me giggling like a child every single time !