Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 17-11-2022, 11:29   #7396
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Worth a go but I find relaxing difficult at the best of time. Living with clinical anxiety sucks
Recommend melatonin tablets, as a safe sleep inducer. Needs a prescription , but you can usually get it mail order from abroad.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-11-2022, 12:04   #7397
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Recommend melatonin tablets, as a safe sleep inducer. Needs a prescription , but you can usually get it mail order from abroad.
I get free scripts. What is the chances of getting my Doc to prescribe them though
Old 17-11-2022, 14:41   #7398
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I get free scripts. What is the chances of getting my Doc to prescribe them though
Not available in the UK unfortunately, even on prescription. But they are great. I pick them up in the supermarket whenever I'm in the US.

The doc may well prescribe something else though

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
A ridiculous moan but I keep wanting to spend money but never find anything I really want or need!
Get yourself a new hobby. Here are some suggestions:
https://luxurycolumnist.com/the-most...-in-the-world/

Or get a dog. (Oh hang on, you are one!)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2022, 15:31   #7399
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Not available in the UK unfortunately, even on prescription. But they are great. I pick them up in the supermarket whenever I'm in the US.

The doc may well prescribe something else though

Or get a dog. (Oh hang on, you are one!)
Haha

I had a heart scare a few years ago and as you can imagine quite wound up so they gave me a diazepam. I think there has only ever been 1 time I have ever been more relaxed that that and that was when I attained Nirvana in a tent in Great Yarmouth coming down off an acid trip hahaha

Would love a few diazepam every now and again to catch up hahaha
Old 17-11-2022, 21:39   #7400
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

)
My eldest gets melatonin on prescription. Its fantastic for kids
Old 17-11-2022, 22:27   #7401
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
melatonin on prescription
I stand corrected. That must be a recent development.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2022, 10:47   #7402
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Businesses that have no clue and don't listen to the customer.

Went into a shop for something the other day that would cost £800.
The guy then spends an hour trying to convince me to buy a model that costs £3600 with all bells and whistles.

1) I had my budget set.

2) I don't need all the bells and whistles. The main point of what I want it that it does one job, not a billion different things.

It's like going to buy a Fiesta and they try and sell you a Porsche.

LISTEN TO THE NEEDS OF THE CUSTOMER.

The result: He lost the sale and I went elsewhere.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2022, 17:22   #7403
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Black Friday deals, lots of good stuff but nothing I want to spend on, this is a my problem though. Lol
Old 19-11-2022, 17:59   #7404
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I stand corrected. That must be a recent development.
No idea if its recent, but you can get 3mg tablets from several online uk pharmacies, just fill in the questionaire and they dispense it via private prescription.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2022, 20:29   #7405
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
No idea if its recent, but you can get 3mg tablets from several online uk pharmacies, just fill in the questionaire and they dispense it via private prescription.
So they can issue the script?

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

I can only find them prescribable for jet lag and not very cheap. Plus the possible side effects could actually end up making root causes worse I tried Valarian root but then gave me palpations. An ounce of weed would last longer and have the same effect. Shame you can not get that prescribed for sleep disorders
Old 19-11-2022, 20:46   #7406
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
So they can issue the script?
Technically, yes, but you'll never see it, they just send you the meds.

Old 19-11-2022, 21:29   #7407
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Credit card companies. They can debit your account in a second, but a credit takes several days to apply...
Old 19-11-2022, 21:45   #7408
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Credit card companies. They can debit your account in a second, but a credit takes several days to apply...
I have paypal 3K credit. I use it when there is interest free offers on stuff but they are so slow to make adjustments on figures when you pay. They do scheduled payments so instead of you just clicking pay now and it doing a bank transfer it does it later that day or even the next day they takes days to update the account

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

The paypal thing brings another pet hate of mine and that is credit in general

About 8 years ago now I got into a lot of financial trouble due to credit companies giving me access to way more credit than I could ever pay back and a breakdown that led me to just spend spend spend as a form of comfort. I got into 16K total debt. I took out an IVA and paid £105 per month which was literally all I had spare on a tight tight budget for 5 years and they then writ off the remaining £10k.

Within a month of me taking out the IVA I was approached in town by a Capital One credit card salesperson. She was really quite pretty so I spoke to her and told her I had no chance of being accepted. She said "I accept that challenge". I asked if she was on commission and if she got paid on a failed application and she said yes so I said consider this me buying you a drink and filled out the forms. They gave me the card with £500 credit even though I was in 16K of bad debt

5 years passed and the IVA was satisfied another year passed and it was no longer on my credit file. Since then I have taken out 3 credit cards(all had bonus sign up offers giving me Amazon vouchers and the like) Paypal credit, AO finance (had to buy a fridge freezer) and a Very catalogue account. Total possible credit somewhere around 10K. Maddest part of all the Very is one of the creditors on my IVA with a written off debt of around £2k yet they still gave me another account with the same amount of credit limit

I have learnt my lesson and will not ever get in trouble like that again. I budget strictly and only spend what I can afford but with my history and how things are in general it should be illegal for credit companies to give more credit than a person can possibly repay. All the credit agencies do searches and all the searches know your employment status and income so there is no excuse for them not to know
Old 19-11-2022, 22:01   #7409
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

They do know, they just dont care that much.

I worked at Experian for 10 years.
The credit business is just a risk managing business.
Sometimes they will lose out, but they make far more than they write off.

You can actually borrow up to £500 while you have an active IVA.

A completed IVA will lower your credit rating, but it doesnt stop you getting credit.
All it means is some will refuse you, the rest will take you on, but probably offer lower limits and/or higher interest rates.

IVA's get deleted from your credit report 6 years after they start.
(and from the Insolvency Register, three months after they complete).

Old 19-11-2022, 22:49   #7410
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
They do know, they just dont care that much.

I worked at Experian for 10 years.
The credit business is just a risk managing business.
Sometimes they will lose out, but they make far more than they write off.

You can actually borrow up to £500 while you have an active IVA.

A completed IVA will lower your credit rating, but it doesnt stop you getting credit.
All it means is some will refuse you, the rest will take you on, but probably offer lower limits and/or higher interest rates.

IVA's get deleted from your credit report 6 years after they start.
(and from the Insolvency Register, three months after they complete).
I think there needs to be legislation because it can ruin lives and some people commit suicide. I promote IVAs and Debt Relief Schemes for those with lower debt and income but a lot of people will never hear about them and will spends years paying back a debt they should never have been allowed to accrue in the first place