Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Smarty for mobile any good?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion

Smarty for mobile any good?

Old 16-10-2022, 23:10   #16
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Smarty for mobile any good?

so now we have 2 referral links on this thread. 1 fair play due to the OP gaining but now a blatant profit attempt hahaha good job this is not Facebook or Twatter as there would be hundreds by now
Old 21-10-2022, 11:14   #17
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
I've been with Smarty for about a year, £12pm for 100gb plus unlimited minutes and text, and 5G. I've not had any problems with them, porting my old number took about a day and a half. The app is really good. I also got a free month for recommending a friend, they got a free month too.

Customer service is excellent.
They offered me unlimited data / min and txt for £18pm. And there's no long contracts, just pay monthly, cancel when you like.

By-the-way, use my referral link if you fancy a £10 gift card, we'll both get a choice of a Gift Card from Amazon.co.uk, John Lewis Partnership or Uber..

https://i.smarty.co.uk/UZbvkkx
Hi Jimmy, so i've just activated my sim, do i need to do anything to get this £10 Amazon gift or will i eventually see it in my email?
Old 21-10-2022, 12:59   #18
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Hi Snoopz, when I recommended a friend some months ago, we both got a free month, that was all done automatically. This is the first time I've claimed for the free voucher, I assume it'll be emailed/text to us within 14 days of claiming, or within 14 days of you activating the sim.

Edit

This is from the email I received after you ordered your SIM...
Quote:
Your friend has ordered their SMARTY SIM.

Now they just need to activate their SIM and after 14 days you’ll both be able to select your choice of Gift Card.

Last edited by Jimmy-J; 21-10-2022 at 13:07.
Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2022, 13:11   #19
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Hi Snoopz, when I recommended a friend some months ago, we both got a free month, that was all done automatically. This is the first time I've claimed for the free voucher, I assume it'll be emailed/text to us within 14 days of claiming, or within 14 days of you activating the sim.

Edit

This is from the email I received after you ordered your SIM...
Great thanks.
Old 21-10-2022, 13:16   #20
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

You're welcome 🙂👍

Old 05-11-2022, 01:40   #21
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
You're welcome ����
Just chose a £10 Amazon gift card and I think you get the same, thanks again.

So far everything has been great with Smarty for £10 a month instead of £24 with 3, I'm surprised 3 billed me again yesterday the full amount, I read it takes a while for the final bill, they better not mess it up!
Old 08-11-2022, 17:17   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I've been with Smarty for about a year, £12pm for 100gb plus unlimited minutes and text, and 5G. I've not had any problems with them, porting my old number took about a day and a half. The app is really good. I also got a free month for recommending a friend, they got a free month too.

Customer service is excellent.
They offered me unlimited data / min and txt for £18pm. And there's no long contracts, just pay monthly, cancel when you like.

By-the-way, use my referral link if you fancy a £10 gift card, we'll both get a choice of a Gift Card from Amazon.co.uk, John Lewis Partnership or Uber..

https://i.smarty.co.uk/UZbvkkx
There is now an offer of 120gb for £12 if you want more.

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

I didn't realise ID Mobile also used the 3 network, their offering looks to be better as you can roll over unused data.
Old 08-11-2022, 20:43   #23
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Hi SnoopZ, Thanks for the heads-up, I'm going to look into that.

I've already spent the gift card, bought a new 16oz hammer off Hammerzon.

Old 08-11-2022, 20:46   #24
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Hi SnoopZ, Thanks for the heads-up, I'm going to look into that.

I've already spent the gift card, bought a new 16oz hammer off Hammerzon.
You can take the offer in the app but you probably know that.
Old 08-11-2022, 21:04   #25
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Just checking the app, they also have a 200gb for £17pm. I'll change over to the 140gb soon. Offer ends at 11:59 on the 15 December.

Old 11-11-2022, 03:37   #26
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

I'm probably switching from EE to Tesco in April when my contract is up due to poor service from EE over past 2-3 months.

I know a few people on Tesco and are very happy and it will save me £16 a month even though I'm dropping from 100GB data to 40GB Data. I'm lucky if I use 10GB data out and about a month.
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2022, 01:21   #27
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough

Rang through to EE today after being unable to take a very important call from my doctors due to quality of line, it was breaking up. They admitted they have a mast down but wont work on it till December 1st which I said was wrong. I told her that its been on and off for around 6 month and they gave me £57 off my bill but refused to let me out of my contract.

I cant wait till my contract is up.
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2022, 08:54   #28
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey N Georgie View Post
Rang through to EE today after being unable to take a very important call from my doctors due to quality of line, it was breaking up. They admitted they have a mast down but wont work on it till December 1st which I said was wrong. I told her that its been on and off for around 6 month and they gave me £57 off my bill but refused to let me out of my contract.

I cant wait till my contract is up.
can you not use wifi calling?
Old 22-11-2022, 09:37   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
can you not use wifi calling?
My question too, WiFi calling, I use that as it's better than my mobile signal at home.
Old 22-11-2022, 15:46   #30
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I had to disable wi-fi calling, it kept failing calls, not tried it again since.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote