Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 13-01-2022, 16:20   #226
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I was too busy posting on here and on my Twitter page - I will start updating my blog from 3.30pm today (My blog takes longer to update).

A: 1) I did mean to say "Ideal World was not sold today".
A: 2) Nothing is up with that one
A: 3) I also did mean to say "last month" not last night.
A: 4) Nothing is up with that one

Sorry about that.
So easily done. No worries.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2022, 18:10   #227
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Has I work out all new channel numbers on Freeview from January 26th:

4. S4C - SDN (The BBC move soon S4C from SDN to BBC A - Wales only)
23. BBC THREE - BBC A
24. BBC FOUR - BBC A
25. Dave ja vu - ARQ B
26. ITV4 - D3&4
27. Yesterday - ARQ B
28. ITVBe - SDN / D3&4
29. ITV2 +1 - SDN
30. E4+1 - D3&4
31. 4Music - ARQ A
32. 5STAR - SDN
33. 5Action (Known as Paramount Network until January 19th) - SDN
34. GREAT! movies - ARQ B
35. ITV +1 / STV+1 / UTV+1 - D3&4
36. Pick - ARQ A
37. QVC Beauty - ARQ B
38. QVC Style - ARQ B
39. DMAX - ARQ B
40. Quest Red - ARQ A
41. CBS Justice - ARQ B
42. GREAT! movies action - SDN (Not in Wales ~ for now see S4C)
43. Food Network - ARQ A
44. HGTV - ARQ B
45. Gems TV - ARQ A
46. Channel 5+1 - SDN
47. Film4+1 - ARQ A (If I was Channel 4 I would move Film4 +1 to channel 49 from January 26th)
48. Challenge - ARQ A
49. 4seven - ARQ A (If I was Channel 4 I would move 4seven to channel 47 from January 26th)
50. GREAT! tv - Local
51. TJC - SDN
52. GREAT! movies classic - Local
53. TG4 - NI mux
54. RTÉ One - NI mux
55. RTÉ Two - NI mux
56. 5SELECT - BBC B
57. Smithsonian Channel - ARQ A
58. ITVBe+1 - SDN
59. ITV3+1 - SDN
60. ITV4+1 - SDN
61. GREAT! movies +1 - Local
62. GREAT! tv +1 - G-MAN
63. GREAT! movies classic +1 - G-MAN
64. Blaze - SDN
65. FreeSports - COM7 HD
66. TBN UK - BBC B
67. CBS Reality - SDN
68. CBS Drama - ARQ B
69. Horror Channel - SDN
70. QUEST+1 - ARQ A
71. Quest Red+1 - COM7 HD
72. Jewellery Maker - ARQ B
73. Shopping Quarter - ARQ B
74. Drama +1 - SDN
75. Yesterday+1 - ARQ A
76. NOW 70s - G-MAN
77. NOW 80s - COM7 HD
78. TCC - SDN
79. NOW 90s - G-MAN
80. Clubland TV - G-MAN
81. Blaze+1 - SDN
82. TalkingPictures TV - ARQ B
83. Together TV - ARQ A

We may also see:
89. TV Warehouse - G-MAN
90. That's TV UK - COM7 HD
91. Ideal Extra - Local
92. Create & Craft - SDN
93. Forces TV - COM7 HD
94, OD365.TV - G-MAN

109. BBC THREE HD - BBC B (Not in Scotland or Wales)
110. S4C HD - BBC B (Wales only)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2022, 19:13   #228
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Has the S4C SD on BBCA/PSB1 thing been said by anyone that isn't the two of us Media Boy?

I've been suggesting it for years now, but only because it was an obvious move given with BBC's involvement with them, not because I've ever read anything official.
Old 14-01-2022, 19:33   #229
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Has the S4C SD on BBCA/PSB1 thing been said by anyone that isn't the two of us Media Boy?

I've been suggesting it for years now, but only because it was an obvious move given with BBC's involvement with them, not because I've ever read anything official.
I have not see anything about S4C may move but I do know that BBC Scotland slot is not being use outside Scotland. If S4C do move that will make room for GREAT! movies action to launch in Wales on Freeview.

I have seen reports of S4C HD testing on Freeview in Wales (using the CBBC HD stream) so will only broadcast when CBBC goes off air.

The listing I posted is base on the Freeview "platform management" page.

But I can't work out why ITVBe is on two streams (SDN / D3&4 [Channel Islands only])

If I was ITV and Channel 4 I would remove any +1 channel from D3&4 and launch a non +1 channel on that stream.

Remove ITV +1 for ITVBe.
Remove E4 +1 for 4Music.
Remove Channel 4 +1 for 4Seven.
Old 16-01-2022, 17:39   #230
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

DS Forum poster "dachse" has revealed that they saw a announcement on Ideal World (currently Freeview Channel 22) last night that says Ideal World is moving to Freeview Channel 50 on Wednesday (19th Jan) and then to Freeview Channel 51 from 26th Jan.

But TJC is on Channel 50 right now.

Media Boy Views: Look like Ideal World is set to close soon due to them selling their EPG slot (Channel 22) on Freeview to TJC from Wednesday.

With Ideal World set to move to Channel 50 from Wednesday then Channel 51 from January 26th.

I am only thinking this way due to Ideal World selling their sister channel last Monday.

https://twitter.com/thecraftstoretv/...28111986081794

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 16-01-2022 at 17:49.
Old 17-01-2022, 01:00   #231
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
DS Forum poster "dachse" has revealed that they saw a announcement on Ideal World (currently Freeview Channel 22) last night that says Ideal World is moving to Freeview Channel 50 on Wednesday (19th Jan) and then to Freeview Channel 51 from 26th Jan.

But TJC is on Channel 50 right now.

Media Boy Views: Look like Ideal World is set to close soon due to them selling their EPG slot (Channel 22) on Freeview to TJC from Wednesday.

With Ideal World set to move to Channel 50 from Wednesday then Channel 51 from January 26th.

I am only thinking this way due to Ideal World selling their sister channel last Monday.

https://twitter.com/thecraftstoretv/...28111986081794
I saw something the other day that suggested IW was having to raise money to pay off some debts. Freeview is the most expensive platform, so easiest place to cost cut if you have multiple options to choose from on the platform.

Ch22 being a LCN not affected by the upcoming BBC3-induced reshuffle, it has extra value, and the timing so close to said reshuffle helps too.
Old 17-01-2022, 01:03   #232
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
I saw something the other day that suggested IW was having to raise money to pay off some debts. Freeview is the most expensive platform, so easiest place to cost cut if you have multiple options to choose from on the platform.

Ch22 being a LCN not affected by the upcoming BBC3-induced reshuffle, it has extra value, and the timing so close to said reshuffle helps too.

UK Terrestrial TV told me via twitter:

Quote:
BBC3 is launching a placeholder on 22 and then moving to 23 on 26th Jan.
But IW says on a ad seen my me that they are moving to channel 50 - TJC channel slot.
Old 17-01-2022, 10:29   #233
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
UK Terrestrial TV told me via twitter:

But IW says on a ad seen my me that they are moving to channel 50 - TJC channel slot.
If true, it would save so much hassle if they could just continue to use Ch22. Odd that they'd get to use it temporarily. (I'm assuming that's @ukdtt you're referencing.) If IW have sold Ch22, maybe the buyer has given BBC3 temporary use to help the whole platform.
Old 17-01-2022, 14:20   #234
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
If true, it would save so much hassle if they could just continue to use Ch22. Odd that they'd get to use it temporarily. (I'm assuming that's @ukdtt you're referencing.) If IW have sold Ch22, maybe the buyer has given BBC3 temporary use to help the whole platform.
Yes I am taking about @UKDTT

He told me today:
Quote:
TJC suspected to be closing on Freeview.
Old 17-01-2022, 16:20   #235
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

TJC has revealed that they will be moving to Freeview Channel 22 from Wednesday.

Ideal World (currently Freeview Channel 22) is moving to Freeview Channel 50 on Wednesday (19th Jan) and then to Freeview Channel 51 from 26th Jan.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 17-01-2022 at 16:27.
Old 17-01-2022, 20:59   #236
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
TJC has revealed that they will be moving to Freeview Channel 22 from Wednesday.

Ideal World (currently Freeview Channel 22) is moving to Freeview Channel 50 on Wednesday (19th Jan) and then to Freeview Channel 51 from 26th Jan.
Wonder if TJC will stop their simulcast on That's TV (Local version, not Gold). I'd imagine That's would look to replace it with another simulcast if TJC did so, if only to ensure the two services remained different enough.
Old 19-01-2022, 11:41   #237
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

S4C HD on Freeview in Wales is a go.

Placeholder due this afternoon (19th) with channel number 110.

This will affect existing CBBC HD series links according to this RXTVlog article.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/s4c-hd-freeview-launch
Old 19-01-2022, 12:31   #238
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:

This will affect existing CBBC HD series links according to this RXTVlog article.
Also Paramount Network will be rebranded as 5ACTION on Channel 32.

RXTV has reveal that BBC THREE HD will be on Freeview Channel 109 in England and N. Ireland.

RXTV also reveal that BBC THREE SD will be on Freeview Channel 23, With Dave Ja Vu moves to channel 25 and ITV4 to Together TV will all move down the EPG by one number.

RE ITV+1 will move to Channel 35.

Full list: https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/serv...c-three-launch

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 19-01-2022 at 13:38.
Old 20-01-2022, 11:50   #239
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:

a516Digital says on Twitter that CBBC HD will close at 2pm at weekends to make may for S4C HD to broadcasting in Wales - now we know why a new CBBC HD Channel did appear in Wales yesterday for.

https://twitter.com/a516digital/stat...64209390096385
Old 20-01-2022, 19:37   #240
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
a516Digital says on Twitter that CBBC HD will close at 2pm at weekends to make may for S4C HD to broadcasting in Wales - now we know why a new CBBC HD Channel did appear in Wales yesterday for.

https://twitter.com/a516digital/stat...64209390096385
Some had suggested beforehand they could be running BBC3 HD after midnight in Wales as they saw an extra ID on the multiplex, but it wasn't showing in Scotland so I doubted it when I read it. It was probably this transmission time change (unless there was some other reason I've not read about).

It wasn't a completely daft idea, BBC Scotland channel ends at midnight usually, overnight repeats for night owls or timeshifting with a recording for Scotland and Wales could appease some viewers a little.

It's not impossible they upgraded the encoders for CBBC HD/S4C HD while they were at it. I'll have to see if there are any indicators.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 20-01-2022 at 19:40.