Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin Router And Online Gaming Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin Router And Online Gaming Problem

Old 16-10-2006, 18:00   #1
Leeds_Stu
Inactive

Leeds_Stu is an unknown quantity at this point
Belkin Router And Online Gaming Problem

I have 2 PC's linked to a Belkin 4 Port Router that is in turn connected to an NTL 200 broadband modem, all via ethernet cables. I am on 10mb broadband.

When the computer I am playing an online game (CoD2, WoW etc) on is connected to the router the game will disconnect from the server after between 1 and 10 minutes. But when I am playing straight from the modem, everything is fine. Only problem with this is it defeats the object of having the router in the first place and annoys my wife that she can't look for shoes and handbags on Ebay while I'm busy sniping German officers.

I have tried everything suggested from Port Forwarding, DMZ'ing the games and even turning off the Router's firewall altogether. I have made sure all drivers and firmware are up to date, have swapped around and used new ethernet cables etc... all to no avail.

Please does anybody have any ideas as to what is causing this, as it's rather annoying. Cheers...
Leeds_Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-10-2006, 18:10   #2
Eric55
Inactive

Eric55 will become famous soon enoughEric55 will become famous soon enoughEric55 will become famous soon enough
Re: Belkin Router And Online Gaming Problem

I Think this might be a problem with Belkin routers. My brother had a Belkin and had exactly the same problem. He contacted Belkin support several times, to no avail. He took back the router and got a Linksys problem solved.
Eric55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 20:35   #3
Leeds_Stu
Inactive

Leeds_Stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric55 View Post
I Think this might be a problem with Belkin routers. My brother had a Belkin and had exactly the same problem. He contacted Belkin support several times, to no avail. He took back the router and got a Linksys problem solved.
Thanks for the reply matey... yeah, I was thinking the same thing myself as it just doesn't make any sense, and I've seen a few other people on other forums with Belkin's suffering from the same problem. Ah well... think I'll take it back and get a different make. Linksys you say?
Leeds_Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2006, 22:19   #4
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Might be worth looking at the MTU settings for the router's connection to the modem. My linksys is set to 1500 which is stable, but in the troublshooting guides it says you could try different levels?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote