Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Films to see in 2021

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Films to see in 2021
Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2021, 21:10   #151
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Films to see in 2021

I was being sarcastic. I couldn't less whether people are black, white pink or blue and it really pisses me off every time a good film comes out and somebody says "there weren't enough black people in it " or "it should have had a female director". I am very passionate about the right person for the right job and being PC and giving a job to a female director for example for the sake it doesn't immediately make the film amazing. Charlies Angels is a perfect example of that. LOTR was fantastic and I didn't even notice there weren't any black people in it until they made a big deal about it at the Oscars.
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2021, 01:22   #152
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I was being sarcastic. I couldn't less whether people are black, white pink or blue and it really pisses me off every time a good film comes out and somebody says "there weren't enough black people in it " or "it should have had a female director". I am very passionate about the right person for the right job and being PC and giving a job to a female director for example for the sake it doesn't immediately make the film amazing. Charlies Angels is a perfect example of that. LOTR was fantastic and I didn't even notice there weren't any black people in it until they made a big deal about it at the Oscars.
So you've seen the trailer and already made your mind up. How do you know it will not be an amazing film because the main cast are black? I care not what colour the actors are. What would you have thought about LOTR if there weren't any white people in it until they made a big deal about it?

Talk about double standards...
Old 01-10-2021, 02:36   #153
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

It looks like it might be worth a watch.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:55   #154
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I’m confused - you loved Black Panther, which had a Black director, was co-written by a Black screenwriter (with the director), and had a predominately Black cast.

What different about this film?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 01-10-2021, 16:11   #155
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Perhaps he is questioning how "realistic" is it.

Its a common trend in films and tv from the US now.
The "representation" of minorities now generally exceeds reality.

I have no idea what % the coloured population was in the west back then (excluding slaves I guess).
I could not find an equivelent for race, but in a 2019 poll, people in the US estimated that 23.6% of the population were gay, you can probably guess where they got that perception from (the real figure is about 4.5%).

Old 01-10-2021, 16:27   #156
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

"realistic"?

As compared to a fictional hidden high-tech kingdom in Africa?

Anyway, it is estimated that up to 25% of all cowboys in late 19th Century USA (after the Civil War) were Black.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...oys-180962144/

https://www.oupress.com/books/145202...-american-west

Re the estimates - it’s not just gays they overestimate, they do the same thing for Hispanics and Blacks.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/4435/pu...pulations.aspx

Quote:
The typical American estimates the percentages of blacks and Hispanics in this country to be more than twice as high as they actually are.

On average, Americans say that 33% of the U.S. population is black. In fact, a majority of Americans (56%) estimate that the percentage of blacks in this country stands at 30% or higher. As many as 17% of Americans say the percentage of blacks is 50% or greater. Only 7% accurately state that the percentage of blacks falls between 10% and 14% of the entire population.

Americans' impressions about the percentage of Hispanics in this country are somewhat more accurate than their impressions about the percentage of blacks. Americans, on average, say that 29% of the U.S. population is Hispanic, which is slightly more than twice the actual percentage of Hispanics. About two in five Americans say Hispanics constitute 30% or more of the population. Just 10% accurately estimate that between 10% and 14% of the population is Hispanic.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 01-10-2021 at 16:32.
Old 01-10-2021, 17:31   #157
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
"realistic"?

As compared to a fictional hidden high-tech kingdom in Africa?
Thats a comparison you made, not me.

I mearly suggested he was questioning how realistic an (almost) all black cast would be for a western.

25% is only 1 in 4 - but then of course, its possible that gangs back then would likely all be similar in make up (i.e. all black, or all white).

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

either way, the film looked ok, and on my list to check out when it arrives.

Old 01-10-2021, 20:20   #158
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

[QUOTE=pip08456;36095307]So you've seen the trailer and already made your mind up.[quote]
nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
How do you know it will not be an amazing film because the main cast are black?
It might be, who knows until you see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I care not what colour the actors are. What would you have thought about LOTR if there weren't any white people in it until they made a big deal about it? Talk about double standards...
not really, i couldn't care less whether a film is all white or black (e.g. Black Panther) as long as it is a good film. All my comments were in gest and purely to point out the irony and hypocrisy of this particular film because Regina King is in it. If it was an all white cast she would be the first person to moan her ass off about the lack of black actors in it so because I noticed her in the trailer my comments were intended to sarcastically prove a point and I wonder if she said to anyone "where are the white guys?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I mearly suggested he was questioning how realistic an (almost) all black cast would be for a western.
I am glad to see you are embracing your realism factor but in this instance I was solely trying to highlight Regina King's double standards.
Old 01-10-2021, 20:26   #159
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Perhaps he is questioning how "realistic" is it.

Its a common trend in films and tv from the US now.
The "representation" of minorities now generally exceeds reality.

I have no idea what % the coloured population was in the west back then (excluding slaves I guess).
I could not find an equivelent for race, but in a 2019 poll, people in the US estimated that 23.6% of the population were gay, you can probably guess where they got that perception from (the real figure is about 4.5%).
I would assume that's part of the point of the film. Imagining a wild west where the characters are predominately black.
Old 02-10-2021, 00:54   #160
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I am glad to see you are embracing your realism factor but in this instance I was solely trying to highlight Regina King's double standards.
You might want to remember that most people (including me) have no clue who Regina King is, or what she moans about. You point was totally lost.

Old 07-10-2021, 19:46   #161
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 07-10-2021, 21:40   #162
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
At first glance I thought that was going to be a trailer for Edward Scissorhands 2... The final cut.

Old 07-10-2021, 21:56   #163
General Maximus
Ran Away

Lol
Old 15-10-2021, 20:11   #164
General Maximus
Ran Away

The tickets for Eternals are available for advanced booking.
Old 20-10-2021, 19:59   #165
General Maximus
Ran Away

Closed Thread