Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-09-2012, 14:03   #346
vvw25w
Inactive

vvw25w is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Nearly 3 weeks ago one of my BY email addresses, which I get in to my Gmail account, left a message Unable to forward email as size discrepancy. I went to login to webmail and was told no such email address. Through VM forums I discovered my long term email addys had been orphaned from my VM accounts. So...150...got 1st line overseas support people. For 30 mins a man talked rubbish, listened to nothing I said, had background conversations with his mates and then said he could not do anything , would put me through to 2nd line, 25 mins later, answered and 2nd line aupport agreed my addys were "orphaned" he could sort it but it may take 24/48 hrs to work through the system.. I would be able to access my 2 email addresses but would probably lose my main email address. "Wait 24 hours, I will leave a message for 1st line support on your account stating I have asked you to ring back in 24 hours and what I have done" , then I was told to phone back on Saturday (60 hours). Sat am cannot sort it out cos MYVM login isn't working nationwide..Sat PM MYVM now says I have my email aliases but no actual login to MYVM or webmail.."ring 150"..a support person who insists I d/load and run logmein rescue.exe on my LINUX system!!...does not work..tells me they will change my password..then cannot and reads the message left by 2nd line support on Thursday and tells me it says I need to wait 24 hours..THAT WAS FROM THURSDAY..but insists I wait another 24 hours.. Sunday work through 1st line again..2nd line tell me "You are at the right man, I deal with this, I need to go in to the code and change some things to sort this out. Give me 3 to 5 days" 6 days later..Still no login contact them again and told here is a fault number but it will take 7 to 10 days to sort out! No they cannot keeo me updated, but I can ring in and ask, and No they will not tell me when it is sorted.."Just keep trying it" in over 2.5 weeks..dealt with 12 separate "Support" people.

Still cannot login to webmail

And now cannot log in to MYVM.
vvw25w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2012, 19:26   #347
27monksbury
Inactive

Services: Virgin tv and internet
27monksbury will become famous soon enough27monksbury will become famous soon enough27monksbury will become famous soon enough

The Virgin media I have is excellent, it has never broken down. However when I requested an extra Tivo box I was told 16 days was the first appointment I could get. 3 days before this I phoned up they told me they had no trace of my order, and if I wanted it I would have to reorder. I gave them my job number and was told she could not check it on her computer. I was given an appointment 18 days hence. I told her if it was not fitted 3 days hence as agreed I would change to Sky. Thankfully it was fitted on time. But what a job.
27monksbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:20   #348
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

The worst customer service from a company I have ever received x10

The amount of times I have been promised a phonecall back from them and it never happened, I would run out of fingers on my hand. 5 times they said they would send me out a piece of equipment but sent the wrong item. 4 Times I have waited in for an engineer that has not turned up. At least they last time they sent me a message to say he wasn't coming, 5 minutes before the end of the day.

I have had them tell me for months there is no problem and it is my equipment until I forced them to come out and have a look, to which they said they would charge if the fault was my own. They finally got down their area network manager who after spending days here, re-pulling cables and everything else concluded the problem was elsewhere on their network as I had been telling them for months.

Forum staff told me there is no problem with my connection then a few days later say its overutilised. They would have seen it was close to the threshold when they first replied but instead say everythings fine and normal.

Complaints department didn't write reply.

The indian call centre have cut me off numerous times within seconds of calling and the times I have got through to them they were no help at all.

I could go on and on but instead i'll summarize the poll results so far:

40% think VM customer support are at least ok or higher
60% have had a bad customer experience at least once

Or to break it down futher
40% ok service
20% had good and bad service
40% have had poor to terrible service

Not good numbers no matter how you break them down.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 13:46   #349
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
The worst customer service from a company I have ever received x10
Are you still with them if so why are you still with them as your complaint history is your way out.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 13:55   #350
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
Are you still with them if so why are you still with them as your complaint history is your way out.
Every month they would tell me the fix date is 30 days away. When that date arrived they would move it back another month. A dirty trick to retain customers in my opinion.

This month they were finally honest and gave April 2013 year as the real fix date after lying for many many months. So I have given my notice and I will be free of VM in a few days time.

My opinion of VM will still be valid for some time after I stop becoming a customer of theirs. I have had many years with them to build up an accurate opinion

Don't worry, i'll point out any of Sky's faults if they treat me as bad as VM have.
Old 22-12-2012, 15:07   #351
H0ND0
Inactive

Services: 100meg cable Phone Restir Free TV
H0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enough

Half the time I consider myself lucky if I can understand what they are saying
H0ND0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 16:37   #352
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Yeh, I know - the Scots accents can be quite thick, can't they?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 17:45   #353
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

He'll have meant the Indian call centre.

I refuse to deal with them, so have been given a different number to use.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 17:50   #354
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Really - do you think he meant that?
Old 22-12-2012, 17:52   #355
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Yes.

Most people can understand Scottish people as they are part of the UK and we hear them all the time, even if only on TV or radio.

I've never had any problems with Scottish people understanding me, but, the asians are useless.

Two examples:

1) Me: I need my customer account number.

Her: ok, I can help you with that, can I take your customer account number please?

2) Me: Can you tell me more about the scheme where one can buy cheaper minutes to mobiles to use from my landline?

Her: You'll need to ring Virgin Mobile.

Me: Why?

Her: Because we don't deal with Virgin Mobile here.

Me: But I don't have or want a Virgin Mobile 'phone?

Most are useless at speaking good English and are totally thick IMO.

They speak their rigidly adhered to script very politely though, whilst the likes of Albert Dock are closed down.
Old 22-12-2012, 17:57   #356
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Well, I'm Scottish, and you don't seem to understand irony.....
Old 22-12-2012, 18:06   #357
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I had no idea where you were from, so, indeed, the irony was lost.
Old 22-12-2012, 20:14   #358
H0ND0
Inactive

Services: 100meg cable Phone Restir Free TV
H0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enoughH0ND0 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That doesn't sound like a Scottish accent to me.

I'm about 20 miles away from a Brummie accent.

The best neutral English accent I've heard, was a couple I met who had come south of the border from Inverness.

Quote:
He'll have meant the Indian call centre.

Correct!! & I wouldnt mind but have come into direct contact with folks from India in my working live & never had a problem.
H0ND0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2012, 19:19   #359
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
The initial joke was subtle but was quickly overshadowed by the sarcasm which was also missed.
Old 24-12-2012, 23:56   #360
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0ND0 View Post

Correct!! & I wouldnt mind but have come into direct contact with folks from India in my working live & never had a problem.
I have problems because i wear hearing aids and the line to India is generally a lot quieter than a UK originated call.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote