Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What are you reading?

Old 06-03-2023, 10:33   #1261
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: What are you reading?

Reading lots of books about the Gospel According to Mark to write an essay on the Feeding of the Four Thousand. It's part of my GDip in Theology.
Old 13-05-2023, 20:18   #1262
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Reading now

Adam Kay - Undoctored
Tom Hanks - The Making Of Another Major Motion Picture Masterpiece
Ken MacLeod - Beyond The Reach Of Earth
Justin Cronin - The Ferryman
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2023, 18:47   #1263
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I see that a few here like me have lots of books.

I recommend the free app (Android, may be iPhone) called My Library (the icon has a stack of books).

You can scan the barcode, or type the ISBN.

I the book isn't in there then you can manually add the book, you can add a catorgory for each book to make a search easier.

You can export to a spreadsheet file.

I currently have 1042 books with another 600 to add, but they are pre ISBN so I will need to add all the details manually.
Old 18-05-2023, 13:11   #1264
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

I use Zotero to keep my book details in as it also produces citations for my essays. As long as you don't store extracts the free tier will work fine.
Add entries by ISBN or other references for papers, articles etc.
Use the browser plugin and if you find the title on Amazon you can add it from there.
Add articles, web pages and so on.
Old 06-10-2023, 17:26   #1265
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Recently read
Starter Villain - John Scalzi
World War 3.1 (Axis of Time series) - John Birmingham
White Sun War - Mick Ryan
Three Days in April - Edward Ashton
Exo - Steven Gould
The Dispatcher (Travel By Bullet) - John Scalzi
Mindbridge - Joe Haldeman

Reading now
Berserker - Adrian Edmondson
And Away - Bob Mortimer
Fake History - Otto English
Bournville - Jonathan Coe

Next in the TBR pile*
Fake Heroes - Otto English
The Rotters Club - Jonathan Coe
Bob Mortimer - Satsuma Complex
War Transformed - Mick Ryan
The Big Book of Cyberpunk - Jared Shurin

*virtual - all on iPad
Old 03-12-2023, 13:40   #1266
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Recently read -
Scorpio: Frontlines Evolution* - Marko Kloos (new branch of the Frontlines series, but from a different viewpoint) - enjoyed it so much I may re-read the Frontline series.
Escape From Yokai Land - Charlie Stross
Mindbridge - Joe Haldeman (re-read)
Communications Breakdown (anthology) - edited by Jonathan Strahan
17: Last Man Standing - John Brownlow
Assassin 18 - John Brownlow
The Secret - Lee Child & Andrew Child (Reacher back on form - I gave up halfway through the previous book)
I Am Pilgrim - Terry Hayes
Legends & Lattes - Travis Baldree (not normally a fantasy fan, but enjoyed this one)
Bookshops & Bonedust - Travis Baldree

Reading now -
System Collapse - Martha Wells (Murderbot series)
Winters Gifts - Ben Aaronovitch (Rivers of London series)
Year of the Locust - Terry Hayes
War Bodies - Neal Asher

*Amazon First Reads, so got to read it before it’s on general release - burnt through it in a day
Old 10-12-2023, 02:05   #1267
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Recently read -
Scorpio: Frontlines Evolution* - Marko Kloos (new branch of the Frontlines series, but from a different viewpoint) - enjoyed it so much I may re-read the Frontline series.
And I’ve just burned through the first six books in the series, with two more to go…

(Off to a wedding in Northumberland tomorrow, Monday & Tuesday, where I’m the best man, so my reading rate may drop a bit…)
Old 11-12-2023, 12:58   #1268
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

A bit of light reading for the throne room. From Nicea to Chalcedon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nicaea-Chal.../dp/0334029937