Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Boosting Speeds

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Boosting Speeds

Old 16-03-2023, 08:06   #76
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all
Re: Virgin Boosting Speeds

Seems to be random, nothing here on the Gateshead headend yet, we've had the extra upstreams for ages
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-03-2023, 12:20   #77
mike86
cf.addict

mike86 is on a distinguished roadmike86 is on a distinguished road

I have 5x QAM64. Are those the extra upstreams you mean?
mike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2023, 19:39   #78
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
I have 5x QAM64. Are those the extra upstreams you mean?
Yes before was just 4x QAM64, also you likely have a 3.1 DOCISIS upstream as well (not visible on hub5, and wont be used on hub 3 or older).
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2023, 10:17   #79
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Yes before was just 4x QAM64, also you likely have a 3.1 DOCISIS upstream as well (not visible on hub5, and wont be used on hub 3 or older).
So there is no way of finding out if I have a 3.1 upstream on my Hub5 or does something show up in the network log?
Old 22-03-2023, 17:53   #80
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Its in the network log, will be along the lines of US profile assignment change.
Old 22-03-2023, 19:55   #81
Broken Hope
cf.addict

Broken Hope has disabled reputation

Guessing this means I have the 3.1 upstream.

US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6

CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1
Broken Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2023, 23:38   #82
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Hope View Post

CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1
I've got this too.
Old 23-03-2023, 18:26   #83
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Hope View Post

CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1
Looks good.
Old 29-03-2023, 22:46   #84
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

Happy with this (especially since I downgraded to the 100Mb package, which then got doubled with Volt Boost).

Yawn!!!!

My 5G beat that! 1125Meg down and 152Meg up! £12 a month for no contract with smarty social tariff total unlimited!
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2023, 10:23   #85
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Your speed tests are obviously derived from the square root of a negative number…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 30-03-2023 at 10:46.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 18:28   #86
sevsman
cf.member

sevsman is on a distinguished roadsevsman is on a distinguished road

So, maybe a pinch of salt needed, but I really hope not!!
Today I dealt with retentions and after accepting a new 18 month contract at £40 for the gig connected got started talking "off the record" about the upload speeds and I was told that within the next 2-3 months the gig customers will be getting the same 100mbps upload boost that the business customers now get as a standard.

Here's to hoping!!
sevsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2023, 13:10   #87
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevsman View Post
Today I dealt with retentions and after accepting a new 18 month contract at £40 for the gig connected got started talking "off the record" about the upload speeds and I was told that within the next 2-3 months the gig customers will be getting the same 100mbps upload boost that the business customers now get as a standard.

Here's to hoping!!
Do you have any other services with Virgin?

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2023, 21:08   #88
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevsman View Post

Here's to hoping!!
Yes as per this thread, this has been rolling out for a few weeks at least now
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2023, 08:14   #89
sevsman
cf.member

sevsman is on a distinguished roadsevsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
Do you have any other services with Virgin?
I had 1gb and telephone but dropped the telephone as it was £1 cheaper without it and I've never had it plugged in anyway.
I was leaving though and had already decided on a new supplier so they had to work hard to keep me.
sevsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2023, 21:40   #90
humey
cf.member

humey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enoughhumey will become famous soon enough

I am many others (VM Forum and Reddit) got the increase today and some were getting it here and there the past months (dependant on area).

Apparently RFoG customers will not be able to get it.
humey is offline   Reply With Quote