Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media O2 to launch Volt bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media O2 to launch Volt bundles

Old 28-10-2021, 11:23   #46
Jinxey
cf.member

Services: 150Mb
Jinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enoughJinxey will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media O2 to launch Volt bundles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That didn’t take very long (applied on the 18th).

Just checked my O2 account, and the Data Allowance has gone up to 40GB, and done a speed test on my broadband, and it’s still showing the original speed (386Mb/s down, 36Mb/s up), and my VM account still says 350Mb, so I’ll give it a day or two before I chase it up.
Better than me! I applied a few days ago. I have the same email telling me they’re active… but I have no extra data and my broadband speed/config remains the same!
Jinxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-10-2021, 12:43   #47
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
That didn’t take very long (applied on the 18th).

Just checked my O2 account, and the Data Allowance has gone up to 40GB, and done a speed test on my broadband, and it’s still showing the original speed (386Mb/s down, 36Mb/s up), and my VM account still says 350Mb, so I’ll give it a day or two before I chase it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
If you have a custom, retentions package with discounts, would the Volt VM speed uplift change the existing contract at all? I would assume the existing arrangements remain unaltered ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxey View Post
Better than me! I applied a few days ago. I have the same email telling me they’re active… but I have no extra data and my broadband speed/config remains the same!
As always, it's not that simple...

Just spent an hour or so on the chat service, chasing up the VM Volt upgrade - turns out that since I am already on a discounted deal (I have Maxit TV, Sky Movies, Talk Weekends, and 350Mb for a discounted price that was offered on the VM website (discussed previously ad nauseam)), I am not eligible for the free Volt upgrade*; however, the very friendly and professional person (part of the Volt upgrades team, who I was passed on to after about 10 minutes) on the other end of the link did a bit of searching around, and got me an upgrade to 500Mb for an additional 25p per month (whilst also replacing "Talk Weekends" with "Talk More Weekends- Voicemail". This runs to the same end date as my previous deal (2nd May 2022), then it's renegotiation time (I'll be happy to lose the Sky Movies, as we very rarely watch/record anything from there, and will probably go down to 100Mb (doubled up to 200Mb by Volt)).

I can live with that.

Probably useful for others to know if they are on a deal, it might require some contact/discussion to progress the VM Volt part of this.

*probably because that would be a free BB upgrade on top of another free BB upgrade...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 28-10-2021 at 14:28.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2021, 18:54   #48
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:

Just spent an hour or so on the chat service, chasing up the VM Volt upgrade - turns out that since I am already on a discounted deal (I have Maxit TV, Sky Movies, Talk Weekends, and 350Mb for a discounted price that was offered on the VM website (discussed previously ad nauseam)), I am not eligible for the free Volt upgrade*; however, the very friendly and professional person (part of the Volt upgrades team, who I was passed on to after about 10 minutes) on the other end of the link did a bit of searching around, and got me an upgrade to 500Mb for an additional 25p per month (whilst also replacing "Talk Weekends" with "Talk More Weekends- Voicemail". This runs to the same end date as my previous deal (2nd May 2022), then it's renegotiation time (I'll be happy to lose the Sky Movies, as we very rarely watch/record anything from there, and will probably go down to 100Mb (doubled up to 200Mb by Volt)).

I can live with that.

Probably useful for others to know if they are on a deal, it might require some contact/discussion to progress the VM Volt part of this.

*probably because that would be a free BB upgrade on top of another free BB upgrade...
Thanks for this Hugh. I suspect I will need to ring the nice retentions team
Old 29-10-2021, 19:27   #49
geogadget
cf.member

geogadget is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I can live with that.

I really don’t trust VM one Iota, honestly it shouldn’t make any difference if you're on an existing deal or not, if they say its free and you're not on the MAX BB speed then you should get it - at no extra cost… Advertising Standards!

I have read elsewhere of instances of VM trying to get folk to recontract for £1pm more to get it. Its advertised as free.. Another guy they applied the boost but they upped his price which they eventually had to manually adjust downwards.

I was considering getting a o2 sim, but have decided to wait…. For the moment I would recommend watching your account like a hawk and that contract end date, if you decide to go ahead.

I have a feeling it wont be long before this is on Martin Lewis or Watchdog….
geogadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2021, 21:29   #50
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Well, they've come through for me

Old 31-10-2021, 00:38   #51
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

Out of curiosity if one is alread on the 500Mb package, getting an O2 sim would increase it to 600Mb or 1Gb?
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2021, 09:15   #52
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Up View Post
Out of curiosity if one is alread on the 500Mb package, getting an O2 sim would increase it to 600Mb or 1Gb?
The info states
Quote:
a broadband speed boost to the next available level (if you aren’t already on the fastest speeds you can get in your area)
So 600Mb.
Old 31-10-2021, 10:10   #53
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The info states

So 600Mb.
Is 600Mb still available to upgrade to? I think it was only available with Ultimate Oomph, which is no longer sold. Ultimate Volt is Gig1, so the Volt upgrade could be 500Mb to 1Gb.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2021, 10:55   #54
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye Up View Post
The upgrades are listed on this page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-o2-benefits
Old 31-10-2021, 11:47   #55
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Thanks for that, Ben.
Old 31-10-2021, 13:07   #56
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

I was looking on the VM T&C Annex A "‘VOLT’ PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICES" and see no mention of being not eligible if you have an account discount unless I have misread it. I will call retentions tomorrow and ask if they know the scoop on this.
Old 31-10-2021, 13:18   #57
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I was looking on the VM T&C Annex A "‘VOLT’ PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICES" and see no mention of being not eligible if you have an account discount unless I have misread it. I will call retentions tomorrow and ask if they know the scoop on this.
Yes, that was the point I made to the nice person on VM chat, but she said there was no option to give a free upgrade on top of a previous free upgrade, so she had to find a way at minimum cost to me (and spent quite a bit of time trying solve the "challenge"), I was happy with 25p, not (imho) worth arguing about…
Old 31-10-2021, 20:25   #58
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The info states

So 600Mb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The upgrades are listed on this page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-o2-benefits
Thanks for that, its interesting to say the least I could potentially double my speed for a cheap O2 sim. Though I'm expecting a price rise come January seeing as it will have been 12 months since they last raised them by then.

Am I eligible for it if I already have a discount on 500Mb?
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2021, 22:47   #59
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Had a look. Not interested. I'm on Three, and wouldn't really get any advantage from switching back to O2. Not an advantage that's worth me spending however much I'd have to pay off on my handset if I left Three now anyway.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:40   #60
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Pleasant surprise: I checked my VM package details and I can now see "Volt M500 Fibre Broadband" as my current broadband selection. The modem has also been updated to this 575000000/38520000 traffic rate configuration.

No need to call retentions Interestingly, no uplift on the O2 side yet although it was they I rang to request the Volt upgrades