Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 29-10-2021, 17:21   #1681
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Given VM’s past hints, it is likely to be Disney+. Hopefully, Discovery+ and Apple+ aren’t too far down the line.
Old 29-10-2021, 21:24   #1682
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Can't say much but something very nice is expected to launch on VM next month, you'll like it not a lot but you'll like it.
Is it the Sky COP26 pop-up channel?

VM got the Sky Ocean Rescue channel way back.
Old 30-10-2021, 19:59   #1683
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I've heard there's a + in the name.
Not ITV+2
Old 30-10-2021, 20:00   #1684
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Is it the Sky COP26 pop-up channel?

VM got the Sky Ocean Rescue channel way back.
He said ‘very nice’, cheeky. I don’t think the Sky News pop-up channel meets the bill!
Old 30-10-2021, 22:24   #1685
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I have been asking around and my sources says Virgin are 'expected to an yet un-named popup channel'. So maybe that Sky News COP26 channel will appear on channels 100/106 or 606.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 30-10-2021, 23:24   #1686
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
He said ‘very nice’, cheeky. I don’t think the Sky News pop-up channel meets the bill!
Also said "not a lot".

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I have been asking around and my sources says Virgin are 'expected to an yet un-named popup channel'. So maybe that Sky News COP26 channel will appear on channels 100/106 or 606.
Well Ch100 often hosts pop-up channels and Ch606 is in the News section. And when BT has done sporting freebies they've been in Sports and Ch100. So that would fit.
Old 31-10-2021, 07:57   #1687
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

The irony of the energy wasted on producing another channel for something that will be on their existing channel........
Old 31-10-2021, 10:43   #1688
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I've heard there's a + in the name.
As he said "you'll like it not a lot but you'll like it" I think it might be Discovery+ (i.e. a good addition, but not a great one). Disney+ is the app that most people really want so I don't think it fits with the clue!
Old 31-10-2021, 12:07   #1689
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
As he said "you'll like it not a lot but you'll like it" I think it might be Discovery+ (i.e. a good addition, but not a great one). Disney+ is the app that most people really want so I don't think it fits with the clue!
Please keep in mind i said "expected" everything is in place just waiting for VM to flip the switch now so to say
Old 31-10-2021, 13:13   #1690
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Please keep in mind i said "expected" everything is in place just waiting for VM to flip the switch now so to say
When I first saw your post on Friday night I was thinking of the following until my sources told me otherwise yesterday.

-B4U Plus
-MUTV HD
-POP Max
-CNBC HD
-Nick Jr. HD
-Gemporia Craft
-Sky News Arabia
-Court TV
-That's TV Gold
-Boomerang HD
-WION

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Given VM’s past hints, it is likely to be Disney+. Hopefully, Discovery+ and Apple+ aren’t too far down the line.
I KNOW that Virgin Media are in on going talks with one of them on your post.

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

Quote:
Well Ch100 often hosts pop-up channels and Ch606 is in the News section. And when BT has done sporting freebies they've been in Sports and Ch100. So that would fit.
When I was posting my post last night I was thinking that E4 may move or be axe by Virgin Media tonight so Sky News COP 26 Channel can launch on Virgin UK Channel 106 and also to make way for BBC THREE HD to launch in January 2022 on that Channel.

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

epsilon has posted the following over on DS Forum in the last few days about what may happen to Channel 106.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon via DS Forum View Post
Just a heads up. I've been informed that a couple of information slates are being prepared. They have service names of "Important Information" and are configured to use channel numbers 100 and 106. No other information is available but this seems to mean that E4 will be moving away from 106.

I probably won't be around much over the next few weeks but will update whenever possible.

The pre-launch EPG slots have changed, or at least one of them. Channel 100 is still in the configuration, with channel 106 being changed to 114. So a movement from the existing E4 slot to the existing ITV +1 slot. Confused yet? There seems to be no logic to this.
Old 31-10-2021, 16:06   #1691
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:

epsilon has posted the following over on DS Forum in the last few days about what may happen to Channel 106.
Quote:
The pre-launch EPG slots have changed, or at least one of them. Channel 100 is still in the configuration, with channel 106 being changed to 114. So a movement from the existing E4 slot to the existing ITV +1 slot. Confused yet? There seems to be no logic to this.
I may be wrong, but the logic I see is that ITV will finally decide it does not need 113 as all the regions covered by VM are HD (or there's been pressure from other parties), so are moving the +1 up one. STV will obviously follow suit for STV+1. 114 being the lowest empty slot after this will be offered to Channel 4 to make up for releasing 106 for BBC3, rather than it go way up to its previous slot on 144 which has been held empty all this time just in case. Channel 4 seem to like their channels being on EPG numbers that have a 4, so 114 is ideal. ITV/STV obviously would rather claim 113 once it's not required by them for HD rather than a rival get it.
Old 31-10-2021, 16:35   #1692
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Expected changes on Virgin Media in coming months:

November:
1st. Sky Cinema Spooky HD rebranded back to Sky Cinema Family HD.
1st. Sky Cinema Halloween HD rebranded back to Sky Cinema Sci Fi & Horror HD.
1st. Sky News Climate HD may launch.
8th. MTV Classic Temporary rename as MTV Xmas
from 12th. Sky News Climate HD closes.
18th. Now 80s Temporary rename as Now Christmas
18th. Now 90s Temporary rename as Now 80s
22nd. Sky Cinema Blockbusters HD rename as Sky Cinema Best of 2021 HD.
29th. Boomerang +1 Temporary rename as CN (Cartoon Network) Apple & Onion
TBC. The Box Temporary rename as BoXmas

December:
13th. CN (Cartoon Network) Apple & Onion Temporary rename as CN (Cartoon Network) We Bare Bears on Virgin Channel 731.
27th. MTV Xmas rebrand back to MTV Classic.
27th. Now Christmas rebranded back to Now 80s.
27th. Now 80s rebranded back to Now 90s.

January:
1st. Sky Cinema Christmas HD rebranded back to Sky Cinema Drama HD
3rd. CN (Cartoon Network) We Bare Bears rebranded back to Boomerang +1
4th. GREAT! movies Christmas rebranded back to GREAT! movies classic

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Quote:
I may be wrong, but the logic I see is that ITV will finally decide it does not need 113 as all the regions covered by VM are HD (or there's been pressure from other parties), so are moving the +1 up one. STV will obviously follow suit for STV+1. 114 being the lowest empty slot after this will be offered to Channel 4 to make up for releasing 106 for BBC3, rather than it go way up to its previous slot on 144 which has been held empty all this time just in case. Channel 4 seem to like their channels being on EPG numbers that have a 4, so 114 is ideal. ITV/STV obviously would rather claim 113 once it's not required by them for HD rather than a rival get it.
RE: ITV Channels.

I was thinking that way in the last hour.

Maybe Virgin will reuse Channel 144 for an other Channel 4 own channel so it can sit together on the EPG (Some ideas are on Plan B to Plan D).

What may happen (TiVo listed) PLAN A - I think Virgin will to for this one:
104. Channel 4 (Outside London and Wales)
104. Channel 4 HD (London only)
106. BBC THREE HD?
108. Channel 4 (Wales only)
113. ITV +1 (England and Wales only)
113. STV +1 (Scotland only)
113. UTV +1 (Northern Ireland only)
114. E4
141. Channel 4 HD (Outside London)
142. Channel 4 +1
143. 4Seven
145. E4 HD
146. E4 +1
147. More4
195. More 4 HD
196. More 4 +1
203. 4Seven HD
337. 4Music

What may happen (TiVo listed) PLAN B:
104. Channel 4 HD [Scotland region]*
104. Channel 4 HD [Northern Ireland region]*
104. Channel 4 HD [North region]*
104. Channel 4 HD [Midlands region]*
104. Channel 4 HD [South & East region]*
106. BBC Three HD (Channel set to launch in January 2022)
108. Channel 4 HD [Wales region]*
113. ITV +1 (England and Wales only)
113. STV +1 (Scotland only)
113. UTV +1 (Northern Ireland only)
114. E4
141. Channel 4 +1
142. 4Seven HD
142. 4Seven
144. E4 HD
145. E4 +1
146. More4 HD
147. More4
195. More 4 +1
196. 4Music

What may happen (TiVo listed) PLAN C:
114. E4
141. Channel 4 +1
142. 4Seven HD
143. E4 HD
144. E4 +1
145. More 4 HD
146. More 4 +1
147. 4Music
854. Channel 4 AD

*New Channel 4 HD are testing on Sky right now.

What may happen (TiVo listed) PLAN D:
141. Channel 4 +1
142. 4Seven HD
143. E4 HD
144. E4 +1
145. More 4 HD
146. More 4 +1
147. 4Music
854. Channel 4 AD

*New Channel 4 HD are testing on Sky right now.
Old 31-10-2021, 22:43   #1693
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

A source has told Planet Sport that a deal has been agreed for DAZN to buy out BT Sport from next summer.

The streaming service have made a huge impact around the world over the last five years in Europe, North America and Japan.

https://www.planetsport.com/boxing/n...en-boy-dropped
Old 31-10-2021, 23:57   #1694
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
A source has told Planet Sport that a deal has been agreed for DAZN to buy out BT Sport from next summer.

The streaming service have made a huge impact around the world over the last five years in Europe, North America and Japan.

https://www.planetsport.com/boxing/n...en-boy-dropped
If DAZN get BT Sport i would imagine they could potentially try to get the WWE Network on their streaming app like Peacock did.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:10   #1695
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
If DAZN get BT Sport i would imagine they could potentially try to get the WWE Network on their streaming app like Peacock did.
They won't DAZN have no interest in WWE, also as it stands not many networks see WWE as a worthy addition.