Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT Voyager 210 / 2091

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BT Voyager 210 / 2091

Old 30-12-2006, 11:42   #1
Brains1983
Inactive

Brains1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
BT Voyager 210 / 2091

Hi! I currently use my BT Broadband through a wired Voyager 210 ADSL Router. I have purchased a BT Voyager 2091 from ebay, which claims to be unlocked. A quick browse on the BT website shows that they do not have drivers available. Can anyone guide me through how to change it over (i'm scared to just unplug the 210 and plug in the 2091 incase it balls something up).
Brains1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2006, 11:59   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: BT Voyager 210 / 2091

Eh?
Drivers
As to setting it up.... IF it is unlocked then you should just need to enter your user details into the new router via the interface.
BT user help system in top right corner
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 12:06   #3
GeoffB
Inactive

Services: TV, phone and 50Mb broadband with Superhub
GeoffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Just take the ethernet jack out of the Voyager and plug it into the new one. No drivers needed, and no encryption key necessary if you're not using wireless. It should work. If it doesn't, just use the Voyager again.

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Should have also said to switch off PC and router first, then reboot the router, followed by the PC when the router has synched with the exchange.
GeoffB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 20:35   #4
Brains1983
Inactive

is anyone online that can help with this? I am lost. I downloaded the voyager software from the net, installed it, plugged in the new Router (i do need the wireless, but can worry about that later), and then tried to access the internet, however only got error messages. I unplugged the new 2091 router, and put back the old 210 one, and my internet works fine. i'm on msn appreciate if anyone who knows what they are doing could spare 5mins to talk an idiot through this....
Old 04-01-2007, 21:10   #5
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

What error did you get? If you can post the exact error it will help a lot. Also please remove the email address as you will end up on a lot of spam lists otherwise.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 21:35   #6
Brains1983
Inactive

not getting anything other than IE telling me im not connected to internet. when I plug in the cables tot he 2091, the internet light does not light up. just the wireless, usd, dsl and power ones. 35 minutes on the phone to BT, and the best they could do was say they will post a cd out.... if i swap the cables back to the 210, everything is fine....

any ideas?
Old 05-01-2007, 17:58   #7
RUSTY
Inactive

Services: ntl 10Mg broadband, ntl XL samsung TV drive V+ talk unlimited RF Mod powered scart Tivo HTC Desir
RUSTY is on a distinguished roadRUSTY is on a distinguished road

have had problems with BT voyager modems over many years with aol,changed to netgear and no probs since. hope the no probs continue as move to ntl broadband on saturday.
RUSTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 11:26   #8
4godand4ulster
Inactive

4godand4ulster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brains1983 View Post
not getting anything other than IE telling me im not connected to internet. when I plug in the cables tot he 2091, the internet light does not light up. just the wireless, usd, dsl and power ones. 35 minutes on the phone to BT, and the best they could do was say they will post a cd out.... if i swap the cables back to the 210, everything is fine....

any ideas?
that is excatly the same problem that i have! i also got a new bt 2091 and used to have a bt 210. and was wondering did u get your problem fixed?

Many Thanks
4godand4ulster is offline   Reply With Quote