Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Edge Browser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Edge Browser

Old 13-11-2021, 14:39   #1
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Question Edge Browser

I am using Windows 10
I find some web pages are slow to load compared to IE, is this normal?
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2021, 15:03   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: browser edge

depends on what you have loading with it. Edge is Chromium based now so pretty much the same as chrome but there are better versions such as Brave which I use. Vivaldi is another good option
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2021, 15:35   #3
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

A bit more info is needed. It's akin to saying "When I put my foot down when driving, sometimes the car speeds up quickly, others times it takes ages". Well, are you towing something? Is it icy and you're not getting traction? Did you put a high quality/octane fuel in one time and not the other? Did you put you foot all the way to the floor each time? And so on...

Always give as much info as you can otherwise helping is pretty tricky.
  1. Are your speedtests consistent when things are fast and slow to load?
  2. Is anyone / anything else causing heavy network utilisation at the time you see slowdowns?
  3. Is you machine running any background tasks such as AV scans or updates when things get slow?
  4. Do you have any other applications open when it slows down that might be using resources?
  5. Are the pages you are loading the same between faster and slower load times?
  6. Are you using the same machine when testing, albeit both are windows 10?

I could go on, but you get the point. We don't even know which browsers you are comparing.
Old 13-11-2021, 17:11   #4
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
A bit more info is needed. It's akin to saying "When I put my foot down when driving, sometimes the car speeds up quickly, others times it takes ages". Well, are you towing something? Is it icy and you're not getting traction? Did you put a high quality/octane fuel in one time and not the other? Did you put you foot all the way to the floor each time? And so on...

Always give as much info as you can otherwise helping is pretty tricky.
  1. Are your speedtests consistent when things are fast and slow to load?
  2. Is anyone / anything else causing heavy network utilisation at the time you see slowdowns?
  3. Is you machine running any background tasks such as AV scans or updates when things get slow?
  4. Do you have any other applications open when it slows down that might be using resources?
  5. Are the pages you are loading the same between faster and slower load times?
  6. Are you using the same machine when testing, albeit both are windows 10?

I could go on, but you get the point. We don't even know which browsers you are comparing.
I am comparing Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, nothing running in the background and the same web adresses
Old 13-11-2021, 18:05   #5
Corey N Georgie
cf.addict

Services: 1GB Volt, Telephone all Inclusive.
Corey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the roughCorey N Georgie is a jewel in the rough
Re: Edge Browser

Try switching to Firefox see if the issue clears up?
Corey N Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2021, 18:53   #6
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

thing is IE and Edge are totally different browsers so seeing a difference is not a surprise
Old 13-11-2021, 22:13   #7
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W
I am using Windows 10
I find some web pages are slow to load compared to IE, is this normal?
Hi Ken

Check what the MAX CONNECTIONS/MAX CONNECTIONS PER SERVER is set to on your Edge browser.....

Im on IE6 and mine orginally was 2 and it was QUITE SLOW........ In 2004 I saw a thread about how someone with Firefox changed thier max connections to 48 and it made a huge difference so I tried it on IE6 and man I tell ya,the difference is insane!!!!

Now I dont think ANY SERVER will allow more than 20 connections at once but having it set to 48 shouldnt hurt as its over 20.. All I know is it is a huge difference!!

Why they ever had it at 2 is unreal!! (Thats what IE6 is set to by default)

Im curious what Edge is set to before you make any changes??

Good luck!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2021, 19:25   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I am comparing Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, nothing running in the background and the same web adresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
thing is IE and Edge are totally different browsers so seeing a difference is not a surprise
You're also likely to get a more complex site experience if you use Edge compared to IE so those features can take extra time to render.
Old 16-11-2021, 10:32   #9
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Any Microsoft Browser is the devil of browsers in my opinion!

And Google Chrome isnt great either with it's demands to hog all memory.

Firefox is the winner for me.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2021, 13:02   #10
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Any Microsoft Browser is the devil of browsers in my opinion!

And Google Chrome isnt great either with it's demands to hog all memory.

Indeed, i will use any addon that stops it from taking over my desktop.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2021, 18:49   #11
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Any Microsoft Browser is the devil of browsers in my opinion

My second choice , duck duck go is my first choice . With VPN and bit defender.
Old 16-11-2021, 18:55   #12
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
My second choice , duck duck go is my first choice . With VPN and bit defender.
on Windows as far as I aware Duck Duck Go is search engine and not a browser. I know they have an app but do not think they have a PC browser
Old 16-11-2021, 19:22   #13
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You're also likely to get a more complex site experience if you use Edge compared to IE so those features can take extra time to render.
I am sure that you are corrct
Old 16-11-2021, 19:26   #14
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
on Windows as far as I aware Duck Duck Go is search engine and not a browser. I know they have an app but do not think they have a PC browser
Yes, it's just a browser extention on PC.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2021, 14:31   #15
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I add AdBlock Plus and never have to worry about adverts again.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote