Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Windows 11

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Windows 11

Old 03-10-2021, 21:02   #91
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Windows 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Will u be able to force upgrade on the 5th by downloading a media creator like u could on windows 10?
good chance but only if your system meets the requirements
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2021, 07:28   #92
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

I have been running Windows 11 as part of the Windows Insider Program. I am now on the release version and it is running fine. I much better like the interface compared with Windows 10 which i never fully got on with.

As i am hard of hearing and need hearing aids the redesigned closed caption themes that are easier to read and customise are a bonus.

Time will tell if Microsoft have finely moved away from the good OS then bad OS cycle

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/

Last edited by Sirius; 04-10-2021 at 07:36.
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 22:32   #93
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Windows 11 launches tomorrow

Today, Facebook/Instagram/WhatsApp suffer a major outage.

Coincidence?

I think not…

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 22:51   #94
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

you can get windows 11 officially now here is link can download now MCT of full ISO

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows11

Last edited by Dave42; 04-10-2021 at 22:57.
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 13:34   #95
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Right ive installed Windows 11 but i have 2 problems which i cannot find the answer to.

1 - I cannot set MP4 files to play via a default app as whatever app i look under to play back in the default app list it does not list MP4 files.

2 - When I try and view pics in a folder, I don't get icons of the pics showing up on the folder.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 14:28   #96
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Right ive installed Windows 11 but i have 2 problems which i cannot find the answer to.

1 - I cannot set MP4 files to play via a default app as whatever app i look under to play back in the default app list it does not list MP4 files.

2 - When I try and view pics in a folder, I don't get icons of the pics showing up on the folder.
Right click on MP4 file select search for app, find the app you want to open it and click the box always open with this app ( or words to that effect)

Click View and select large icons or extra large depending on the size you want to see
Old 05-10-2021, 14:30   #97
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Doesn't give me an option to search for an app. I can choose to open with an app each time but it wont allow me to set as a default app for that file type.
Old 05-10-2021, 14:33   #98
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Here's how to do it in 11, it's not as easy as 10 for some reason

https://www.howtogeek.com/746203/how...on-windows-11/
Old 05-10-2021, 14:39   #99
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Doesn't give me an option to search for an app. I can choose to open with an app each time but it wont allow me to set as a default app for that file type.
right click / open with / choose another app / find app and tick the box

Just tested it and it worked and it is almost identical to windows 10

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Here's how to do it in 11, it's not as easy as 10 for some reason

https://www.howtogeek.com/746203/how...on-windows-11/

This method is a PITA. I dunno why M$ did this as it is a terrible idea
Old 05-10-2021, 15:00   #100
alanbjames
R.I.P.

I know this may sound daft but ive tried searching for MP4 to associate and it doesnt find the format.
Old 05-10-2021, 15:08   #101
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I know this may sound daft but ive tried searching for MP4 to associate and it doesnt find the format.
What Video Player are you using?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 15:40   #102
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
just follow the instruction I gave. Point it to a player and tick the box

If all else fails install teamviewer and send me your details I will take over your pc and show you how simple it is

Last edited by Jaymoss; 05-10-2021 at 15:47.
Old 05-10-2021, 16:04   #103
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
What Video Player are you using?
Ive tried my main player which ive used for 2 years which is pot player

Ive tried doing what it suggests in that but it simply just wont find the MP4 files to associate.
Old 05-10-2021, 16:10   #104
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

have you tried opening the player and dragging the file into it? I feel you are making this hard work
Old 05-10-2021, 16:24   #105
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Use VLC, it plays audio just the same as video

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote