Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New TV but its not 1080p...or is it?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

New TV but its not 1080p...or is it?

Old 20-11-2021, 21:04   #16
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: New TV but its not 1080p...or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Check the model number on the TV itself, it should be with the serial number.
Aye it says 32WK3C63DB on the back. So it is a 720P tv.

Ah well picture is fine and its a bigger tv than i had before and it cost me £160 quid so not really a loss just a bit annoying
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-11-2021, 21:54   #17
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

Ah well picture is fine and its a bigger tv than i had before and it cost me £160 quid so not really a loss just a bit annoying
It's not fine if you bought the other model of TV and your invoice says the other model you NEED to get it sorted as you now can't return it if faulty as it is a different TV to the invoice.

If your invoice is the same as the TV you have then it's all good and I guess you could always get it fixed direct from Toshiba if it ever goes tits up.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 20-11-2021 at 22:05.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 00:13   #18
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

If your amazon order history shows the 32LL3C63DB then they have sent you the wrong item.

You could have returned if for a full refund, or replacement.
I suspect however that your accepting £40 from them may well have killed your chance of that.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 00:19   #19
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

aye i'll check if i'm covered.

Still weird how it says 1080p when i click on the "I" on the remote. Ah well!
Old 21-11-2021, 01:39   #20
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
aye i'll check if i'm covered.

Still weird how it says 1080p when i click on the "I" on the remote. Ah well!
It may well be accepting a 1080p source and downscaling it for a 720p panel. If my memory serves me my first HD ready Samsung (1366x768 panel) took a 1080i source and downscaled.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 04:30   #21
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It may well be accepting a 1080p source and downscaling it for a 720p panel. If my memory serves me my first HD ready Samsung (1366x768 panel) took a 1080i source and downscaled.
argh. well the tv works. its only 32 inches and so fits in my boxroom. amazomn have confirmed my tv is covered based on previous chatlogs.

am i really going to get a huge difference at this rate with a 32 inch tv and judging by it almost carressing my computer table which i write this from..
Old 21-11-2021, 13:44   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
argh. well the tv works. its only 32 inches and so fits in my boxroom. amazomn have confirmed my tv is covered based on previous chatlogs.

am i really going to get a huge difference at this rate with a 32 inch tv and judging by it almost carressing my computer table which i write this from..

But what does it say on your ORDER?

You really should get Amazon to send you the TV you actually ordered!!!
Old 21-11-2021, 14:44   #23
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post

I would think that went out the window when he accepted the £40.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 14:53   #24
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I would think that went out the window when he accepted the £40.
Probably 'expecting the item you ordered' went out of the window when using Amazon
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2021, 21:07   #25
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post

yeah but i'd have to send the old tv back and i can't be bothered with the hassle of that...especially considering people have said there isnt much difference at a 32 inch tv between both. i am pretty lazy admittedly. plus i'd be without a tv for a few days in between

its not like they'll send me the tv i ordered and let me keep the old one. well they never offered that anyway haha
Old 22-11-2021, 03:03   #26
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Have you looked up how much that TV would of actually cost you if you bought it?
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote