Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | End of the road for the Ford Fiesta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

End of the road for the Ford Fiesta

Old 11-07-2023, 17:24   #31
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: End of the road for the Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Well aware prices go up with new technology and will eventually go down but initially I am guessing it will be harder for people to buy due to the higher price.
And I don't see much of a second hand market for electric cars.
I think there are too many unknowns with a used electric car at the moment. The battery packs lose capacity just as they do in your phone. If the range of an electric car was only marginally acceptable when it was new 3 years ago then it might not be now.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2023, 11:24   #32
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

We have always had Ford cars and never had any bother, I will be sorry if they go, The Ford Active which we have at present is a beautiful orange colour and we love it,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 22:17   #33
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think there are too many unknowns with a used electric car at the moment. The battery packs lose capacity just as they do in your phone. If the range of an electric car was only marginally acceptable when it was new 3 years ago then it might not be now.
Eight year warranty on both mine & my wife’s cars and yes there’s an acceptable loss built into that.

But, more importantly is how it’s been charged. Audi for example recommend that for daily usage the battery should be charged to 80% and no more which gives approx 270 miles of range currently and in winter about 220 miles. Only charging to 100% when going on long journeys

They then also recommend to use rapid DC chargers as infrequently as possible so both my wife and my car charge off our 7kw home AC home charger.

So the second hand EBV I would not be buying is an ex fleet/lease/PCP which has been charged almost exclusively on fast or ultrafast DC chargers as the owners don’t need to care about battery preservation