Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 19:01   #1816
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Aww bless, do you need keep a buffer between you and any complicated details? Sorry if it gave you a headache.
Not really but at least I wouldn't both to look. Once I do I try to understand even if I really don't care. I am that " listener" of radio 4 that Listens to a show and has no idea what is being discussed . Goes to sound's listens again still fails to understand. But still try s week after week .
Old 06-12-2021, 19:12   #1817
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It makes sense for BT to pursue another option given the difficulties the negotiations with DAZN are going through. The revelations from the Telegraph make a mockery of the comments I've read on this forum suggesting BT Sport-DAZN was a done deal.

Told you so

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
And the comments were also revealled as a error on my part for mis-reading a document if that was a swipe at me.
To be fair - you did hold your hands up to that
Old 06-12-2021, 20:37   #1818
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Not really but at least I wouldn't both to look. Once I do I try to understand even if I really don't care. I am that " listener" of radio 4 that Listens to a show and has no idea what is being discussed . Goes to sound's listens again still fails to understand. But still try s week after week .
Yes, it can be difficult to make sense of The Archers.
Old 06-12-2021, 22:02   #1819
DDDD
cf.member

DDDD is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
As you can see from that, using the same video PID & audio PID as the original service. Simply allocating a unique service ID number for each BBC region. As you say, and as I have posted previously, prep work for adding BBC One HD regions in England. 10180 will be for the north west.

As far as I know, its reappearance isn't connected to the outage.
now think about the pids numbers of a service that starts with a SID of 82 +

Scheme breaker
Old 06-12-2021, 22:28   #1820
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
And the comments were also revealled as a error on my part for mis-reading a document if that was a swipe at me.
I’m sure I’ve cited it as being described as a done deal independently. Boxing podcasts had referenced it, and I’d read a few news articles around the same time. I definitely appreciate your input into the rumour mill - certainly not worthy of a swipe at for reasonable comment.

My suspicion is it was close to a done deal, however DAZN are causing reputational damage to Serie A in Italy and I suspect BT want a run on deal for which they need continuity of an equivalent service to their BT TV customers for a period. I’m not sure how the Premier League or UEFA do their contracts, but after the ITV Digital fiasco I’d imagine some guarantees (quality of service perhaps?) could sit with BT plc. and BT wouldn’t necessarily want to be on the hook for compo around DAZN’s failings.

Incidentally I watched the Anthony Yarde fight in 4K HDR on the BT app on Saturday and it was excellent. If DAZN aren’t up to that level of coverage then some BT customers under contract would rightly feel short changed.
Old 06-12-2021, 22:40   #1821
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
now think about the pids numbers of a service that starts with a SID of 82 +

Scheme breaker
A little bit cryptic. :p

I'm guessing you mean what I mentioned in post #1810
Old 06-12-2021, 23:29   #1822
DDDD
cf.member

DDDD is an unknown quantity at this point

#1800 mate

10180 is correct as you said , but imagine 10190

9009 for vid
9031 for ac3
etc etc
Its out the the pid range , spec breaker and a bit of a head scratcher . I don't think DVB ever envisaged regional muxes getting so fragmented with so many services . Needs a future move and tidy up .
Old 07-12-2021, 01:18   #1823
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Just found the following on "VM TV Outage" posted on December 2nd (posts numbers 79 and 80.)

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...3710636&page=6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
360 is night and day to the Tivo system, although there are a few features from the Tivo system not present which is covered in other threads on the forum.

It has the HD channel swap if you package has a particular channel in HD it is swapped to the higher number (Except for Channel4 outside London) but a lot cleaner interface and less menus to have to navigate.

My household much prefer 360
Quote:
I can't comment officially , but I would guess Ch4 will be sorted in the next 6 months
@DDD - Do that mean the SD Channels of Channel 4, E4, 4Seven and More4 is set to close on Virgin Media within the next six months?

But it look like Channel 4 HD is set to move to Channel 104 in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland by June 2022.

That mean Channel 4 HD is set to move to Channel 108 in Wales by June 2022.

---------- Post added at 01:18 ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 ----------

Quote:
A quirk of being in DR mode, it should disappear again. (Possibly connected to the old Syfy +1 before it moved?).
That time of posting I can confirmed that SYFY +1 is still broadcasting from SID 2131 so maybe moving soon to SID 621 to sit beside SYFY on SID 623.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 07-12-2021 at 01:13.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:27   #1824
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
#1800 mate

10180 is correct as you said , but imagine 10190

9009 for vid
9031 for ac3
etc etc
Its out the the pid range , spec breaker and a bit of a head scratcher . I don't think DVB ever envisaged regional muxes getting so fragmented with so many services . Needs a future move and tidy up .
This is why DTT has a unique TSID for each regional multiplex and re-uses the PIDs across each region. Virgin's method gets a little overcrowded.

---------- Post added at 01:27 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
That time of posting I can confirmed that SYFY +1 is still broadcasting from SID 2131 so maybe moving soon to SID 621 to sit beside SYFY on SID 623.
My information is that SID 621 had disappeared by Dec 4th. SID 440, however, hadn't - if you want to speculate.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:29   #1825
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Media Boy I think you are reading too far into that there.

Channel4 HD will be in 104 in all areas.

The HD swap is already applied to the other services if your package includes it on 360
Old 07-12-2021, 01:33   #1826
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
This is why DTT has a unique TSID for each regional multiplex and re-uses the PIDs across each region. Virgin's method gets a little overcrowded.

---------- Post added at 01:27 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

My information is that SID 621 had disappeared by Dec 4th. SID 440, however, hadn't - if you want to speculate.
I was just telling what my TiVo box was saying. But saying that I have just seen the info on CO58 on DBR has not been updated since December 3rd.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:44   #1827
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I was just telling what my TiVo box was saying. But saying that I have just seen the info on CO58 on DBR has not been updated since December 3rd.
Virgin was still in DR mode on Dec 3rd.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:06   #1828
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Well the time has come for "Best of" to reappear on Cable Forum.

But this year you have until December 24th at 23.59 to tell me your best:

A) New Channel of the year (Nominate by YOU):
NOTE: Tell me if your vote is for an HD or SD Channel

What launch in 2021 on Virgin TV?

Sky Showcase HD
Sky Showcase
QVC Extra
GB News HD
Colors Gujarati
GREAT! tv*
GREAT! movies classic*
GREAT! movies*
GREAT! movies action*
Utsav Gold HD*
Utsav Bharat*
Utsav Plus HD*
Sky Documentaries (SD)
Sky Nature (SD)

*Branded by new owners.

B) Best poster on Cable Forum with Information (Nominate by YOU):
NOTE: Do NOT vote for me.

C) Best Radio Channel of the year (Nominate by YOU):

To vote just PM me. Note if you vote via this thread YOUR VOTE WILL NOT COUNT.

Results will be revealed after 5pm GMT on December 31st.

Also I can confirmed at "Changes to Virgin TV (2022)" will launch on Cable Forum just after 8pm on December 31st.

So Happy Holidays and get voting.

---------- Post added at 02:06 ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 ----------

Quote:
Virgin was still in DR mode on Dec 3rd.
DBR listed the last update as Dec. 3rd at 23:15

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 07-12-2021 at 02:26. Reason: removing Sky Max for Sky Showcase
Old 07-12-2021, 02:21   #1829
epsilon
cf.geek

You should probably add Sky Showcase/HD as Sky Max is basically just a rebrand of Sky One.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:26   #1830
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
You should probably add Sky Showcase/HD as Sky Max is basically just a rebrand of Sky One.
Done.
Closed Thread