Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moon Knight

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Moon Knight

Old 31-03-2022, 22:25   #1
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Moon Knight

Not a Marvel Character I knew anything about. Not sure if it’s stand alone or will tie in, but knowing Marvel will almost tie in somehow with the MCU.

It had a Venom vibe going on.

It was an OK introduction somebody brand new, let's see how it goes.
Old 01-04-2022, 01:50   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Moon Knight

Ne pas impresado
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:58   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Ne pas impresado
"not printed"?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 13:02   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Not impressed
Old 01-04-2022, 13:24   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Not impressed
No impresionado (Spanish) or

pas impressionné (French)
Old 01-04-2022, 13:59   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

I know, it was faux french/spanish/make it up everyone will understand statement
Old 01-04-2022, 14:23   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Obviously not...

It just didn't have a "reality factor"...
Old 01-04-2022, 16:05   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Realism factor
Old 01-04-2022, 20:56   #9
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Quote:
Realism factor
Both/Either.

I lost interest before the first episode had finished, I wont bother with it further.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 21:07   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I lost interest before the first episode had finished.
Yeah. They got the pacing wrong and completely over estimated the audiences patience for character discovery. It is only a 6 episode season and they haven't established how he has got his powers and who the other personalities are etc. If they continue to focus on the present day stuff (Ethan Hawke has already found him in the museum) and skirt over the xharacter establishment and richer story then it is going to be completely hollow.
Old 01-04-2022, 21:59   #11
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I lost interest before the first episode had finished, I wont bother with it further.
I’ve been hasty before so I’ll stick with it for a few weeks and let you know if it improves.
Old 01-04-2022, 23:54   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Watched it tonight. Enjoyed it muchly. Loved Isaacs’ portrayal of hopeless Steven. Looking forward to the next part.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:55   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Loved Isaacs’ portrayal of hopeless Steven.
but what does it all mean? Who are the other voices? Why has he got other voices? If he is such a pathetic and weak mind/personality why have the other personalities got to ask him for control and why can't they just take it for themselves?

These are things they should have dedicated the first episode too and I am worried that we arent going to these answers and they are just going to plough forwards with the Ethan Hawke story to maintain the pace and action element of the series and leave out all the story and depth.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:00   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I’ve been hasty before so I’ll stick with it for a few weeks and let you know if it improves.
I'll be interested to hear, but I'm not really overly bothered.
I already have plenty to watch without forcing myself to try and like this.
Maybe its another one of these where you need to know the charecter already to have a clue what was going on.
After 25 or so minutes of it I was just confused and bored, I lost interest and started doing other things while it was on in the background.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:30   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
but what does it all mean? Who are the other voices? Why has he got other voices? If he is such a pathetic and weak mind/personality why have the other personalities got to ask him for control and why can't they just take it for themselves?
Depression and anxiety are symptoms of dissociative identity disorder, not its cause or its enabler. So far their portrayal of Steven has a high realism factor.

The rest of it sounds to me like a description of a very good, serialised mystery fantasy/drama. I don’t want all the answers in part one. I want the questions that pile on the mystery.

Quote:
These are things they should have dedicated the first episode too and I am worried that we arent going to these answers and they are just going to plough forwards with the Ethan Hawke story to maintain the pace and action element of the series and leave out all the story and depth.
TV isn’t meant to make you anxious. If this is the case I’d recommend avoiding weekly drop shows until all eps are out, then you can binge them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote