Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 01:47   #31
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Virgin Media has cut CBBC HD feed from 24 hours a day to 5.30am til 7pm ahead of the relaunch of BBC THREE next month.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2022, 12:41   #32
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Just found out that Jewellery Maker is no longer broadcasting on Virgin UK Channel 756.
Just found the following posted on the Jewellery Maker Facebook page:

Quote:
From December 28th 2021: Jewellery Maker says "It just wasn’t one of our main source where (Virgin Media) customers were tuning in so we made a business decision to stop airing on Virgin. You can still view Jewellery Maker as a Virgin Media customer if you have online services on your TV. From there you can stream live from our YouTube channel. JM"
Old 05-01-2022, 17:29   #33
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
What services do you have for £8.50 increase? When I entered into my last contract (for 18 months) I was told my price wouldn't go up during the contract too?
I pay £90.50 per month, but I don't know the name of the package, they can ram their inflation-busting price rise right up their jacksy.
Old 05-01-2022, 19:17   #34
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I pay £90.50 per month, but I don't know the name of the package, they can ram their inflation-busting price rise right up their jacksy.
Thanks for that. I got my email today, £8.50 from 22 May after my fixed price ends. I currently pay £66.75, from May the discount ends, then the price will be £111.30... that's for a TV360 box, Cinema and Full house without kids channels.
Old 05-01-2022, 20:01   #35
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

It's been confirmed that 5Action will be available in HD on VM, just as Paramount Network has been since it launched.

Now that 5USA, 5Star and 5Select are available in HD on Sky Glass, is there a possibility that VM may add them too?
Old 06-01-2022, 08:18   #36
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

It's always good news when a new HD channel arrives. The one channel that is long overdue an HD upgrade is Drama. There are lots of (repeated) programmes on that channel that I would love to watch (again) if only the SD picture quality wasn't so dire.
Old 06-01-2022, 13:47   #37
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
It's always good news when a new HD channel arrives. The one channel that is long overdue an HD upgrade is Drama. There are lots of (repeated) programmes on that channel that I would love to watch (again) if only the SD picture quality wasn't so dire.
That's only true if it's worth watching.
Old 06-01-2022, 15:24   #38
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
That's only true if it's worth watching.
Very true, crap in 4K is still crap
Old 07-01-2022, 00:07   #39
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

New Year, New deal for AEW with ITV

ITV is now broadcasting AEW Rampage every Tuesday Night on ITV4 and replay on ITV/UTV and STV every Thursday Night.

Also AEW Dynamite is still shown every Friday Night on ITV4 and replay on ITV and UTV every Monday Night.
Old 07-01-2022, 12:21   #40
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
New Year, New deal for AEW with ITV

ITV is now broadcasting AEW Rampage every Tuesday Night on ITV4 and replay on ITV/UTV and STV every Thursday Night.

Also AEW Dynamite is still shown every Friday Night on ITV4 and replay on ITV and UTV every Monday Night.
They're trying to get the ppvs too all be it on a week delay as FITE have rights for live ppvs.
Old 07-01-2022, 12:42   #41
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoc14 View Post
Just gone into my V6 with 360 box and there is a message onscreen saying series links on BBC1HD 108 will need to be changed from January 11th.

It does not say why but perhaps they are moving to HD on channel 101 from that date?.
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33710725
Old 07-01-2022, 18:47   #42
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoc14 View Post
Just gone into my V6 with 360 box and there is a message onscreen saying series links on BBC1HD 108 will need to be changed from January 11th.

It does not say why but perhaps they are moving to HD on channel 101 from that date?.
Has anyone else seen this "onscreen message" in England?

I can confirm it not on BBC ALBA or BBC Parliament here in Scotland. Also in Scotland we have nothing on Channel 113 so Virgin can move BBC Scotland HD to channel 113 or put BBC THREE HD on Channel 113 in Scotland and Wales.

Also I am doing an wee bit of house keeping on my blog so can I ask anyone tell me if UTV HD is on Channel 103 or 113?

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 07-01-2022 at 18:53.
Old 07-01-2022, 18:52   #43
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's for England regions only and is only for BBC One HD on 108.
Old 07-01-2022, 18:58   #44
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's for England regions only and is only for BBC One HD on 108.
Thanks I did think BBC One SD England regions was being axe to make way for BBC One HD England regions to launch Channel 101.

I know Ofcom wants BBC THREE HD on Channel 108 in England and Wales by 2024.
Old 07-01-2022, 19:16   #45
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Also I am doing an wee bit of house keeping on my blog so can I ask anyone tell me if UTV HD is on Channel 103 or 113?
Utv hd is on 103. SD still on 113