Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky TV Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky TV Changelog

Old 18-09-2021, 19:12   #1
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Sky TV Changelog

I'm surprised that there isn't a thread devoted to changes to the channels available on the Sky platform so I thought I'd better create one, beginning with the changes on 1 September.

Sky Showcase and Sky Max launched and Sky One closed.

CNN International stopped being available free-to-air and is now only available to Sky subscribers.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-09-2021, 19:50   #2
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sky TV Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
CNN International stopped being available free-to-air and is now only available to Sky subscribers.
CNN is still free to air on satellite.

Is this thread designed to be a satellite changelog or a Sky changelog (in which case even if the latter happened, it wouldn't appear here)?
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 20:35   #3
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post

Is this thread designed to be a satellite changelog or a Sky changelog (in which case even if the latter happened, it wouldn't appear here)?
There's already a Freesat changes thread --> https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33708616
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 20:39   #4
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post

It's designed to be a changelog for changes on the Sky television platform, both for Sky channels and all other channels broadcasting via what you would once have called Sky Digital. It is intended to be in addition to the Freesat changelog.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2021, 18:34   #5
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Some Local TV Channels to close on Sky from Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Cardiff TV (134) renames to Local TV and moves to EPG number 195 in the UK only. Local TV channel for; Cardiff TV, Bristol TV, Birmingham TV, Leeds TV, Liverpool TV, T&W TV, North Wales TV, Teesside TV, Manchester TV.
Bristol TV closes.
Birmingham TV closes​
Leeds TV closes
Liverpool TV closes
Tyne & Wear TV closes
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...1/td-p/3776205
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 13:56   #6
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Recent changes since last post.

Showcase TV (191) renames to Ayozat TV.
eirSport1 HD and eirSport 1 COMM HD (421) close permanently (ROI)
Premier Sports 2 (429) moves to 421
BoxNation (427) moves to 429
La Liga TV (435) moves to 427

And I know this has been covered above but the Sky Forum wording may confuse some.
Local TV (except London Live) moves to EPG number 195 from 117 in the UK only. Local TV is single channel for satellite transmission of content from a number of different Local channels known as the following on Freeview; Cardiff TV, Bristol TV, Birmingham TV, Leeds TV, Liverpool TV, T&W TV, North Wales TV, Teesside TV, Manchester TV.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:46   #7
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

It's always puzzled me as to why despite living in Teesside I only get Tyne & Wear TV on my Sky Q boxes! Maybe a default setting? Guess if had transponder number etc could manually tune in to Teesside TV?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 11:28   #8
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
It's always puzzled me as to why despite living in Teesside I only get Tyne & Wear TV on my Sky Q boxes! Maybe a default setting? Guess if had transponder number etc could manually tune in to Teesside TV?
On Satellite, as I understand it, T&W TV and Teesside TV shared a single channel alongside those other regions mentioned, and though they were labelled with one name, every area could see the local coverage of every other area, they were simply on one after the other. And that remains the case, it's just that they are no longer labelling the channel with different names depending on region and have moved to a Ch 195 in the guide.

So you were getting all the regions all along, it's just you were getting a label on the channel name you considered incorrect.
Old 07-11-2021, 11:54   #9
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
On Satellite, as I understand it, T&W TV and Teesside TV shared a single channel alongside those other regions mentioned, and though they were labelled with one name, every area could see the local coverage of every other area, they were simply on one after the other. And that remains the case, it's just that they are no longer labelling the channel with different names depending on region and have moved to a Ch 195 in the guide.

So you were getting all the regions all along, it's just you were getting a label on the channel name you considered incorrect.
Ok thanks for that. I know on Freeview it was labelled correctly so thought they were different programs. I did complain to Teesside TV about the lack of regional TV programs and was told they were coming but nothing so far and doubt ever will
Old 07-11-2021, 12:01   #10
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Ok thanks for that. I know on Freeview it was labelled correctly so thought they were different programs. I did complain to Teesside TV about the lack of regional TV programs and was told they were coming but nothing so far and doubt ever will
On Freeview the local channels are all separate streams, so they can keep their existing names. Sky are clearly closing a loophole they were using to get Ch 117 position (in most regions).
Old 07-11-2021, 13:08   #11
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
On Freeview the local channels are all separate streams, so they can keep their existing names. Sky are clearly closing a loophole they were using to get Ch 117 position (in most regions).
I can see the advantage in being near the top of the channel listings because most people including myself can't be bothered going too far down the list. On the odd occasion I have I've discovered channels I didn't know existed or had forgotten about
Old 27-01-2022, 11:21   #12
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

BBC Three HD is now on EPG

141 in Scotland
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 14:19   #13
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

RT has now been removed from the Sky EPG CH 511
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 14:29   #14
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
As it should be
Old 02-03-2022, 14:39   #15
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Is RT HD still on channel 885?
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 02-03-2022 at 14:43.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote