Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Scottish Football Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

The Scottish Football Thread

Old 25-01-2013, 20:41   #256
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
It's George Galloway so automatically irrelevant.

Still I suppose like most Celtic fans he is obsessed with their more successful neighbours across in the nicer side of the city.
That's probably their most accurate claim to fame. The most successful club on the south side of the River Clyde.(RIP)

They died trying to catch the most successful Scottish team. Most successful by any criteria... European cups, corontation cups, Empire trophies..... all stuff the dead club could only dream of. Won them on the park without cheating too

They were a nothing team before Celtic were formed. It was only Queens Park decision to remain amatuer that allowed them to become as big a club as they did.

This new upstart with the same name is making the same mistakes as the dead club.

It must be cold living in our shadow.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-01-2013, 22:56   #257
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
It's George Galloway so automatically irrelevant.

Still I suppose like most Celtic fans he is obsessed with their more successful neighbours across in the nicer side of the city.
Sorry, Derek, but going into administration and being in the Scottish 3rd Division must be a new definition of "successful" I hadn't come across before....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 21:14   #258
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Sorry, Derek, but going into administration and being in the Scottish 3rd Division must be a new definition of "successful" I hadn't come across before....
It just means we can win the 3rd, 2nd and 1st division titles on the way back up. Assuming the SPHell don't get their way and stitch things up with a new league structure.

In other news the completely independent commission finished hearing evidence today. Completely independent with the SPL being represented by the same lawyers who represent celtic and chaired by the same person who has already been slapped down by previously imposing an improper punishment on Rangers.
This is after the punishment and guilt has already been decided and circulated by the SPL.

Sporting Integrity?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 15:07   #259
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
It just means we can win the 3rd, 2nd and 1st division titles on the way back up. Assuming the SPHell don't get their way and stitch things up with a new league structure.

In other news the completely independent commission finished hearing evidence today. Completely independent with the SPL being represented by the same lawyers who represent celtic and chaired by the same person who has already been slapped down by previously imposing an improper punishment on Rangers.
This is after the punishment and guilt has already been decided and circulated by the SPL.

Sporting Integrity?

Old 03-02-2013, 00:55   #260
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

As a Rangers fan I've got to admit a few things troubled me today.

Firstly our defence was shocking. Secondly the lack of discipline at the end was terrible. Ian Blacks' behaviour as he left the pitch was tough to watch. He is supposed to be one of the clubs senior players, a role model for the youngsters. I can't remember a single game this year where Black has took a game by the scruff of the neck and bossed the middle of the park.

A combination of the above and the whole boycott issue paints Rangers in a poor light. Todays outing also illustrated how far removed Rangers are from SPL quality. It's going to be a tough road back.

Whilst I admire his passion for the club, I would prefer if Charles Green would be a bit more humble and dignified with his approach. His views and opinions do not represent all of those who support the club.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:57   #261
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
As a Rangers fan I've got to admit a few things troubled me today.

Firstly our defence was shocking. Secondly the lack of discipline at the end was terrible. Ian Blacks' behaviour as he left the pitch was tough to watch. He is supposed to be one of the clubs senior players, a role model for the youngsters. I can't remember a single game this year where Black has took a game by the scruff of the neck and bossed the middle of the park.

A combination of the above and the whole boycott issue paints Rangers in a poor light. Todays outing also illustrated how far removed Rangers are from SPL quality. It's going to be a tough road back.

Whilst I admire his passion for the club, I would prefer if Charles Green would be a bit more humble and dignified with his approach. His views and opinions do not represent all of those who support the club.
Good post. And reasonable. My issue with Rangers isn't from bias, but that they were arrogant, presumed the other scottish clubs owed them somethimg. No one owes anyone. Bed and lie in it etc.
Green has never helped, he speaks without thinking, or worse, he knows it, and is deliberate. A bit of humble pie from him and rangers and most clubs would be sympathetic. To be honest, I was not bothered if Rangers ever came back, still not concerned, and equally knowing that Rangers resources will by their magnitude make it certain you will eventually be back (only a timing issue).

As to Black, he was a thug at hearts, so just continuing his form at rangers. As a hearts supporter, I never seen him as a footballer, more a liability. Only thing I did think he would be good enough for 3rd division, but being stupid knows no level
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:13   #262
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Good post. And reasonable. My issue with Rangers isn't from bias, but that they were arrogant, presumed the other scottish clubs owed them somethimg. No one owes anyone. Bed and lie in it etc.
Green has never helped, he speaks without thinking, or worse, he knows it, and is deliberate. A bit of humble pie from him and rangers and most clubs would be sympathetic. To be honest, I was not bothered if Rangers ever came back, still not concerned, and equally knowing that Rangers resources will by their magnitude make it certain you will eventually be back (only a timing issue).
Let's not forget their continual threats boycotts and rabble rousing including the cheapening of rememberance day by involving the military (who I may add I work for) turning it into a flag waving circus using soldiers to appeal to the lowest amongst their fans, which the military have said will not happen again!!! Greens constant rants about things that dont concern him, the man's a joke and a dangerous one at that imho.

For me this new Rangers will not be back where their dead father's were. It's over. Celtic Park has been a better place without them and will continue to be. St Mirren and Hearts in a final is refreshing, even though it was to the detriment of my team. Chad u seem very reasonable but this has not been displayed by the Tetleytwit Green.

Anyway hope we can do it against Raith today but must admit am looking more towards the last 16 tie against Juve Will be really tough but we can beat the best.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:21   #263
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Don't be fooled that he has any passion for the club. He has passion only for his own back pocket.

He is pillaging this new club more obviously than the custodians of the previous entity did.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:32   #264
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
Don't be fooled that he has any passion for the club. He has passion only for his own back pocket.

He is pillaging this new club more obviously than the custodians of the previous entity did.
l agree totally as there have been several clubs in England where new owners have promised the world and yet down the line sell some of the assets before another owners comes in and puts the club in even more of a financial mess then the previous money grabbing idiots did
Old 03-02-2013, 12:53   #265
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I think that to spice up the SPL and Scottish league, they should just have TWO divisions, and have BOTH Celtic and Rangers in the same SPL, as i think that Scottish football is finished.

And it obvious that Rangers and Celtic wont get into English football. I can just imagine Celtic and Rangers being in the Second tier, just think of the recvenue.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:57   #266
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Rangers fans did go to Dundee United VS Rangers Cup tie.

Sky Sports reports 350 fans went.
The Sunday Post reports 422 fans went.

Rangers told they fans NOT to go due to some SPL carry on.

(I am an Motherwell fan)
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 13:01   #267
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Rangers fans did go to Dundee United VS Rangers Cup tie.

Sky Sports reports 350 fans went.
The Sunday Post reports 422 fans went.

Rangers told they fans NOT to go due to some SPL carry on.

(I am an Motherwell fan)
The irony of it all was that Charlie Green was in attendance yesterday. Also what would have happened if yesterdays game was a draw? Would the fans boycotting the game, because they didn't want to fund Dundee United, stay away from the replay at Ibrox on the same grounds?

Time for this to end
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 13:29   #268
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I think that to spice up the SPL and Scottish league, they should just have TWO divisions, and have BOTH Celtic and Rangers in the same SPL, as i think that Scottish football is finished.

And it obvious that Rangers and Celtic wont get into English football. I can just imagine Celtic and Rangers being in the Second tier, just think of the recvenue.
image.jpg
Old 04-02-2013, 15:15   #269
LondonRoad
Inactive

HMRC appeal against FTT has been granted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-21326039
Old 06-02-2013, 11:28   #270
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Celtic Park has been a better place without them and will continue to be.
It's certainly been quieter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Will be really tough but we can beat the best.
I suppose Neil 'tactical genius' Lennon has already booked the bus to park in defence?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote