Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 19-05-2022, 17:57   #14356
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
My friend is 90 years young to-day. Her daughter sneaked in to her house late last night, decorated the lounge with ballons and left 90 birthday cards and 90 presents for her to discover this morning. I was on standby and have just spent a hilarious couple of hours watching her being happier than anytime since covid struck.

That's a lovely thing to do.
Old 03-06-2022, 16:49   #14357
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Well I went to London yesterday to see the Fly by.

Despite Birdcage walk & Parliament street being shut, we eventually made our way to Trafalgar Square and we had a perfect spot to see the 70 aircraft approach and fly over our head, the crowds cheered loudly and the biggest went to the Red Arrows.

While there, my sister told me that my niece who I knew was going to buy a promise ring to her girlfriend on the holiday next weekend, that the girlfriend told my sister quietly that she was going to give my niece a promise ring too, so my sister had to put on her best poker face.

Later she spoke to my niece and asked when was she planning to give the ring and then said take it with you just in case you get that perfect moment.

Her Girlfriend is a lovely young lady who I will be glad to welcome to the family, she is also in the process of applying to be a WPC, and would need to move up to us as she lives in Kent.
Old 03-06-2022, 19:19   #14358
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

My nieces plan is to get engaged when they can afford it.
Old 12-06-2022, 20:00   #14359
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

They are currently in Tenerife, and waiting for the announcement.
Old 14-06-2022, 18:07   #14360
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Off to see Ramesh Ranganathan at the Leeds Grand tonight, As You Like it on Thursday at Harewood House (with a picnic basket and some garden chairs), then out for a meal on Friday evening (booked an outside table to enjoy the weather).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2022, 00:11   #14361
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Off to see Ramesh Ranganathan at the Leeds Grand tonight, As You Like it on Thursday at Harewood House (with a picnic basket and some garden chairs), then out for a meal on Friday evening (booked an outside table to enjoy the weather).
Really enjoyable, and great fun.

Shakespeare as it was originally intended - in the open air, with Elizabethan costumes, music and dance, performed by an all-male cast, some pretending to be women, some pretending to be women pretending to be men…
Old 17-06-2022, 10:36   #14362
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Picnic basket packed, picking up granddaughter soon, going to flop out under a tree in the local woods and chill.
Old 17-06-2022, 10:51   #14363
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Picnic basket packed, picking up granddaughter soon, going to flop out under a tree in the local woods and chill.
As long as it's not Burnham Beaches. I went there once when working in Slough and the ground was moving because of all the ant's under the leaves.
Old 17-06-2022, 18:54   #14364
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
As long as it's not Burnham Beaches. I went there once when working in Slough and the ground was moving because of all the ant's under the leaves.
I live at the seaside, the beach has never appealed to me i like trees and rivers , Burnham beeches looks great , any hoo we had a great time and were followed through the wild wild wood by a Tiger a Lion and a wolf but managed to get out without being eaten, and there was a terrifying butterfly encounter that prompted a bit of screaming.

Last edited by papa smurf; 17-06-2022 at 19:05.
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2022, 20:42   #14365
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I live at the seaside, the beach has never appealed to me i like trees and rivers , Burnham beeches looks great , any hoo we had a great time and were followed through the wild wild wood by a Tiger a Lion and a wolf but managed to get out without being eaten, and there was a terrifying butterfly encounter that prompted a bit of screaming.
You almost got to say of my haha
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2022, 22:31   #14366
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

The allotment strawberry harvest has come in big time. Thinking of selling to the supermarkets for a vast profit. All power to Boris' hyper inflation.

Courgettes will be the next mountain to dispose of , shame I don't like them really , just fun to grow
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2022, 10:52   #14367
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Anyone for Strawberries & Cream, head to Mr K’s house. We wish to seek asylum.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2022, 12:48   #14368
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The allotment strawberry harvest has come in big time. Thinking of selling to the supermarkets for a vast profit. All power to Boris' hyper inflation.

Courgettes will be the next mountain to dispose of , shame I don't like them really , just fun to grow
Pity you can't use them to make something alcoholic.
Old 19-06-2022, 13:35   #14369
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Well I went to London yesterday to see the Fly by.

Despite Birdcage walk & Parliament street being shut, we eventually made our way to Trafalgar Square and we had a perfect spot to see the 70 aircraft approach and fly over our head, the crowds cheered loudly and the biggest went to the Red Arrows.

While there, my sister told me that my niece who I knew was going to buy a promise ring to her girlfriend on the holiday next weekend, that the girlfriend told my sister quietly that she was going to give my niece a promise ring too, so my sister had to put on her best poker face.

Later she spoke to my niece and asked when was she planning to give the ring and then said take it with you just in case you get that perfect moment.

Her Girlfriend is a lovely young lady who I will be glad to welcome to the family, she is also in the process of applying to be a WPC, and would need to move up to us as she lives in Kent.

We they did it, My niece picked a perfect moment and gave her GF the ring, then shortly after, the GF said, "talking about rings" then gave my niece hers.

They are back home now and the GF is in my nieces' room having a meeting with the police, which she wants to join.
Old 19-06-2022, 20:54   #14370
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

For Fathers’ Day, I got a bottle of 12yo Glenlivet from my son, and a bottle of Singleton 15yo from my daughter.