Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 19-03-2022, 00:04   #2176
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I think he is going to be fantastic. I think this series is going to put Discovery to shame and prove how they have got it so wrong over the last 4/5 years.
"Something you don’t like" ≠ "got it so wrong"…

As has been demonstrated (repeatedly) on this forum, your opinion often differs from others - which is fine, because enjoyment/dislike is subjective.

However, Rotten Tomatoes gave Season 3 a 91% approval rating, and Season 4 92%, and since Season 5 is on its way, it appears a reasonable amount of viewers disagree with you…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-03-2022, 08:58   #2177
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
"Something you don’t like" ≠ "got it so wrong"…

As has been demonstrated (repeatedly) on this forum, your opinion often differs from others - which is fine, because enjoyment/dislike is subjective.

However, Rotten Tomatoes gave Season 3 a 91% approval rating, and Season 4 92%, and since Season 5 is on its way, it appears a reasonable amount of viewers disagree with you…
I actually agree with him as it appears do many others.

Putting the Cruitics score to one sdie Audience scores are the following.

S1 36%, S2 36%, S3 40% and S4 19%.

That tells me a reasonable amount of viewers disagree with both you and the critics.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2022, 10:36   #2178
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I actually agree with him as it appears do many others.

Putting the Cruitics score to one sdie Audience scores are the following.

S1 36%, S2 36%, S3 40% and S4 19%.

That tells me a reasonable amount of viewers disagree with both you and the critics.
Hmm, an internet vote

Back in pre-internet days, fandom indulged in letter-writing campaigns. These days they all just pile on forums and review websites. As always, such things are skewed towards the highly motivated.

So while there’s evidence to suggest a section of fandom has an extremely flaccid realism factor over ST: D it’s hardly conclusive proof of its wider audience appreciation.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2022, 19:20   #2179
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Last season was okay but this was a joke. It was a pathetic excuse for everyone to stop what they were doing every 2 minutes and talk about their feelings, how we all have mental health issues and all love and care for each other. Let's not forget the mandatory gay drama every episode where even during red alert (when I should be at my post) and the ship is seconds away from being destroyed I have got time to run down to engineering and whinge about something. Or the new thing........we follow the away team round the ship and give them a kiss goodbye as they beam out. This wasn't Star Trek, this was shoddily written PC bullshit dragging the Star Trek name through the mud. The series needs to be removed from the timeline.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2022, 21:39   #2180
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

….
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F8DC82FE-FC79-4587-9B99-FBC510E3CAC5.jpeg (69.4 KB, 54 views)
Old 20-03-2022, 03:12   #2181
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

People is plural. I would love to know they are. The last season can be summed up by everyone constantly smiling at other and after any minor scene/event to further the real story, everyone took it in turns to pair up and have a 5 minute heart to heart and discuss their feelings. I think we literally had every combination you can think of.
Old 20-03-2022, 20:37   #2182
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

While I dont exactly think it was as bad as GM makes out, I have to say its become quite irritating some of the time, too much PC BS and touchy feely stuff, and not enough actual storyline/action.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2022, 10:09   #2183
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Totally understand that - people like different things.

At around $8 million per episode, pretty sure they’re not making another season because no one likes it.

But GM’s approach is that if he doesn’t like it, no one else should be allowed to like it…

Quote:
The series needs to be removed from the timeline.
Sounds a bit "cancel culture" to me…

Last edited by Hugh; 21-03-2022 at 10:12.
Old 21-03-2022, 10:16   #2184
General Maximus
Ran Away

It is an insult to Star Trek and its legacy. It either needs to be un-made or change its name.
Old 21-03-2022, 10:19   #2185
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Well, because of it’s popularity, Picard, Strange New Worlds, Lower Decks, & Prodigy got made - so enough people liked it to encourage Paramount to make more series…

You know, you could always just not watch it…
Old 21-03-2022, 10:57   #2186
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You know, you could always just not watch it…
I said that at the end of season 2 but you guys banged on about how amazing season 3 was so I reluctantly gave it ago when it had finished airing and I had nothing else to watch. It was surprisingly okay and semi redeemed itself which made me open to watching season 4 but it has taken a nose dive again. It is just like Supergirl where they are pushing their own agenda, have a complete disregard for what the series is supposed to be about and turn it into something completely different and slap Star Trek on the label.
Old 21-03-2022, 11:15   #2187
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Star Trek has always pushed an agenda, it just used other species to tell the story it needed.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2022, 11:27   #2188
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I said that at the end of season 2 but you guys banged on about how amazing season 3 was so I reluctantly gave it ago when it had finished airing and I had nothing else to watch. It was surprisingly okay and semi redeemed itself which made me open to watching season 4 but it has taken a nose dive again. It is just like Supergirl where they are pushing their own agenda, have a complete disregard for what the series is supposed to be about and turn it into something completely different and slap Star Trek on the label.
No one takes notice of what you say about movies and tv so why do you take notice of others? Surely you know yourself you are hard to please
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 13:28   #2189
General Maximus
Ran Away

Apple TV+ has revealed a glimpse of its highly-anticipated natural history series Prehistoric Planet ahead of its premiere on May 23.

The week-long event, with one episode being released per day, will transport viewers 66 million years in the past to discover our world, including roaming dinosaurs and other inhabitants of ancient earth.

The creative team behind the series boasts a list of prestigious names, with Sir David Attenborough on narrating duties and the score being supplied by multiple Academy Award winner Hans Zimmer.

Old 03-04-2022, 13:33   #2190
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Apple TV+ has revealed a glimpse of its highly-anticipated natural history series Prehistoric Planet ahead of its premiere on May 23.

The week-long event, with one episode being released per day, will transport viewers 66 million years in the past to discover our world, including roaming dinosaurs and other inhabitants of ancient earth.

The creative team behind the series boasts a list of prestigious names, with Sir David Attenborough on narrating duties and the score being supplied by multiple Academy Award winner Hans Zimmer.

I thought they had changed their mind on what the T Rex actually looked like and was fatter and had feathers
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote