Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 17-02-2022, 22:31   #2161
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
The PC machine is at work though because it was renewed for a second season.
While that would not surprise me (its CW after all) I cannot find any official confirmation of this ?

Interestingly, it did not take a break like all the other CW shows, which makes you wonder if they dont care much about it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2022, 23:28   #2162
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
While that would not surprise me (its CW after all) I cannot find any official confirmation of this ?

Interestingly, it did not take a break like all the other CW shows, which makes you wonder if they dont care much about it.
Possibly not but possible season 2. The CW doesn't rely on ratings as heavily as other networks do.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 00:30   #2163
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
I cannot find any official confirmation of this ?.
I must be losing it. I distinctly remember posting it just before Christmas. There was The 4400 and another series which were renewed at the same time, I mentioned both and remarked how The 4400 was getting an early renewal just after 2 or 3 eps had aired but it wasn't a surprise considering they are pushing the PC agenda. I can't find the post and I can't find the flipping article now either.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2022, 15:34   #2164
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
The Terminal List has a new addendum. Amazon has set a July 1 premiere date on Prime Video for all eight episodes of the new conspiracy-thriller series starring Chris Pratt.

Based on Jack Carr’s bestseller and counting Antoine Fuqua among its executive producers, The Terminal List follows James Reece (Pratt) after his entire platoon of Navy SEALs is ambushed during a high-stakes covert mission. He returns home to his family with conflicting memories of the event and questions about his culpability. But as new evidence comes to light, Reece discovers dark forces working against him, endangering not only his life, but the lives of those he loves.
https://deadline.com/2022/02/termina...eo-1234935647/
Old 24-02-2022, 12:22   #2165
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
A new version of Babylon 5 is in development at the CW.

J. Michael Straczynski will write and executive produce a ”from-the-ground-up“ new version of ’90s-era science fiction series

Quote:
Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski isn’t giving up hope on a Babylon 5 reboot at The CW, even though the project has been pushed back to the next development season.
The new version has been described as a “from-the-ground-up reboot” of the critically acclaimed 1990s series by Warner Bros. Television. The new version would follow John Sheridan, an Earthforce officer with a mysterious background,, who is assigned to Babylon 5, a five-mile-long space station in neutral space.
Stracynski updated the series status on his Patreon on the situation, talking about the series concept not being picked up. “99.999% of the time, that’s the end of the road for the project.”
However, CW CEO Mark Pedowitz is not ready to throw dirt on it. .
“I should mention that Mark is a great guy and a long-time fan of B5. He worked for Warners when the show was first airing,” Straczynski wrote. “Calling the [reboot] pilot ‘a damned fine script,’ he said he was taking the highly unusual step of rolling the project and the pilot script into next year, keeping B5 in active development while the dust settles on the [prospective] sale of the CW.”

“Here’s the bottom line: Yesterday, Babylon 5 was in active development at the CW and Warner Bros. for fall 2022. Today, Babylon 5 is in active development at the CW and Warner Bros. for fall 2023,” he wrote. “That is the only difference.”
Can't say I am upset about it. I am very 50/50 about this atm.

https://deadline.com/2022/02/babylon...cw-1234959261/
Old 24-02-2022, 20:03   #2166
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well, it could go either way, but I'm curious what story they would tell, since we know how the original turned out.

Old 25-02-2022, 11:05   #2167
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
I'm curious what story they would tell
Quote:
The new version would follow John Sheridan, an Earthforce officer with a mysterious background,, who is assigned to Babylon 5, a five-mile-long space station in neutral space.
What would really do it for my realism factor and have me doing cartwheels is if they did the whole thing with a digitally de-aged Bruce Boxleitner. I know it is too much to ask though.
Old 25-02-2022, 20:21   #2168
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Thats basically Season 2 of the previous show then (Sinclair was commander for Season 1).

Old 02-03-2022, 10:49   #2169
General Maximus
Ran Away

The Marvel tv series such as AoS and Jessica Jones et all are all moving to Disney+ now that there contracts have finished on Netflix

https://www.thewrap.com/daredevil-st...-marvel-shows/
Old 03-03-2022, 00:29   #2170
General Maximus
Ran Away

Metropolis is coming soon to Apple TV+. The streaming service has ordered a new sci-fi series which is based on the 1927 German expressionist film by Fritz Lang and the 1925 sci-fi novel by Thea Von Harbou. Set in a futuristic urban dystopia, the story follows the work of Freder, the wealthy son of the city master, and Maria, a champion to the workers. They strive to overcome the gulf separating the classes in their city and to bring the workers together with city master Joh Fredersen.
Old 10-03-2022, 13:56   #2171
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

The Rookie spin off in the works.

Quote:

Kat Foster and Felix Solis will star opposite Niecy Nash in ABC’s proposed spinoff from The Rookie. The duo will guest star in a two-episode arc in the current fourth season of The Rookie, which will serve as a backdoor pilot for the potential spinoff of the series starring Nathan Fillion.

The yet-untitled project will expand beyond the current Los Angeles Police Department and revolve around the FBI. The potential new series comes from The Rookie creator/executive producer Alexi Hawley, executive producers Terence Paul Winter and Mark Gordon and studios eOne and ABC Signature.

The planted spinoff, co-created and written by Hawley and Winter, follows the premise of The Rookie, which stars Fillion as John Nolan, the oldest rookie in the LAPD.
https://deadline.com/2022/03/the-roo...ot-1234973984/
Old 10-03-2022, 23:47   #2172
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Metropolis is coming soon to Apple TV+. The streaming service has ordered a new sci-fi series which is based on the 1927 German expressionist film by Fritz Lang and the 1925 sci-fi novel by Thea Von Harbou. Set in a futuristic urban dystopia, the story follows the work of Freder, the wealthy son of the city master, and Maria, a champion to the workers. They strive to overcome the gulf separating the classes in their city and to bring the workers together with city master Joh Fredersen.
I hope its more exciting than it sounds

Old 16-03-2022, 10:56   #2173
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Paul Wesley is to join Star Trek Strange New Worlds Season 2 as James T. Kirk!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ST.jpg (43.4 KB, 39 views)
Old 18-03-2022, 20:27   #2174
General Maximus
Ran Away

I think he is going to be fantastic. I think this series is going to put Discovery to shame and prove how they have got it so wrong over the last 4/5 years.
Old 18-03-2022, 23:49   #2175
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
I think he is going to be fantastic. I think this series is going to put Discovery to shame and prove how they have got it so wrong over the last 4/5 years.
Hopefully so.