Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who General Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who General Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 26-12-2013, 10:15   #376
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Doctor Who General Discussion

Yes it was explained, Clara spoke to the crack and begged the Timelords to help The Doctor, so they granted him a full cycle of Regenerations.

Not sure why they would do that though.

I thought it was really good. Best Christmas Episode in a long time. Wish we'd got a few more mins of Capaldi.
Old 26-12-2013, 10:22   #377
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

That's the bit that annoys me - it was a bit of a leap and IMO needed at least some indication of an explanation. It seemed to cater for DH purist/nerds only. They didn't need a 10 minute dumbed-down discussion or anything, just something that made it a bit clearer for the rest of us.

Other than that yes, a really good episode.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 26-12-2013, 10:39   #378
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Yes it was explained, Clara spoke to the crack and begged the Timelords to help The Doctor, so they granted him a full cycle of Regenerations.

Well, he did save Gallifrey in the 50th anniversary episode.
Old 26-12-2013, 10:46   #379
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
That makes sense although they could have made some sort of reference at the time.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 26-12-2013, 10:50   #380
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Not only that but it's a pretty safe bet he's the only one who can get them out - and knowing he's about to peg it it's definitely in their interests to help him out.
Old 26-12-2013, 12:10   #381
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

And let's face it, they give out new regeneration cycles to any old bugger.
Old 26-12-2013, 14:06   #382
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Don't tell Bruce Forsythe

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 26-12-2013, 17:35   #383
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, they gave another cycle to the Master, why not the Doctor?
Old 26-12-2013, 17:47   #384
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

I would like that hour of my life back

Xmas TV? Bah Humbug!!!!!
Old 14-07-2014, 21:20   #385
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

New full trailer for Series 8 released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TivqZTq5u6Y

Looks absolutely amazing!

Capaldi is going to be the best Doctor in a long time I think.

Also start date is the 23rd August on BBC1 and BBC1 HD

New promo image.

Everything including the trailer is giving me a very Third Doctor feel. Especially the outfit and look of that promo image. I am also really happy that he has kept his strong Scottish accent.

Also in recent weeks there has been a leak from BBC Miami which was recently created. The leaks included the scripts for the first 5 stories and also a rough in progress copy of the first episode. Apparently its black & White with little music and no or little CGI.
Old 14-07-2014, 21:37   #386
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Capaldi certainly has a darker feel to him. They were filming down this way yesterday. Not so sure about the accent though, I think I'd have preferred it if he'd done a "David Tennant".

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-07-2014, 21:52   #387
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

What do you mean about doing a 'Tennant'? I prefer the stronger Glasgow accent that Capaldi has. ? McCoy had a great strong accent too.

Better than sounding too English IMO.
Old 14-07-2014, 21:55   #388
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Also in recent weeks there has been a leak from BBC Miami which was recently created. The leaks included the scripts for the first 5 stories and also a rough in progress copy of the first episode. Apparently its black & White with little music and no or little CGI.

I suppose I understand why it's leaked, but I personally won't be downloading them. I've waited this long to see the series. Another month and a half isn't going to make an awful lot of difference.
Old 14-07-2014, 22:10   #389
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

It does have music throughout so I think it's more sound effects, some cgi and some touchups.

Apparently one of the BBC America sites had the script and the video on a publicly accessible server by mistake. The video was supposed to be for a company to translate subtitles in to Portuguese I believe.
Old 14-07-2014, 22:54   #390
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

It may just be temporary music though as I understand the opening titles still refer to Matt.

How anyone could watch that is beyond me. Would ruin any enjoyment.