Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless Printer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless Printer

Old 05-09-2009, 10:00   #1
rickypatel.89
Inactive

rickypatel.89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wireless Printer

Hey,

I've just purchased a wireless Epson printer. At the moment my cable modem and wireless router are downstairs in the lounge and my printer is upstairs in the office. I would like to use the wi-fi feature on the printer so could i just not connect the printer via. ethernet cable into a spare wireless router i have laying about?

Thanks
rickypatel.89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2009, 10:04   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Wireless Printer

You should just be able to let the printer DHCP and IP from the downstairs router and then install the printer on a PC as a network printer using that IP.

You shouldn't need your spare router if you already have one downstairs and the printer is wireless (wifi and not bluetooth)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 18:26   #3
keyholder
Inactive

Services: basic fone & L BB,
keyholder has a spectacular aura about themkeyholder has a spectacular aura about themkeyholder has a spectacular aura about themkeyholder has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypatel.89 View Post
Hey,

I've just purchased a wireless Epson printer. At the moment my cable modem and wireless router are downstairs in the lounge and my printer is upstairs in the office. I would like to use the wi-fi feature on the printer so could i just not connect the printer via. ethernet cable into a spare wireless router i have laying about?

Thanks
The way i set up my sisters printer was to , Plug the printer into the router via lan, then setup the printer, made sure wireless was on, Made sure the Router was in the printers wlan list, installed printer drivers on the laptop / pc's and then placed the printer where she wanted it and then rebooted the printer and it conected fine

if set up right you should be able to see the printer on the network via lan or wireless.

Hope that helps
keyholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 17:07   #4
rickypatel.89
Inactive

rickypatel.89 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just recieved my wireless router so can I just not plug the printer via. ethernet cable into the router. As my modem and internet router is downstairs in the lounge and the printer is in the office.
rickypatel.89 is offline   Reply With Quote