Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Englands Turn to Cheer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Englands Turn to Cheer

Old 03-07-2006, 16:07   #1
Bengie
Inactive

Bengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really nice
Englands Turn to Cheer

For all those who thought it was sick that the Scots wanted anyone except the English to win the world cup can now get revenge and cheer the fact that Murray is out of Wimbledon.
Bengie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2006, 16:11   #2
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Englands Turn to Cheer

Funny I seem to remember Andy Murray playing in the BRITISH Davis Cup team. As such I'd think most BRITISH people would want him to do well.

If there were a BRITISH football team (say the 2012 Olympics) I'd support them. What I wouldn't support is an English, Welsh or Northern Irish team any more than any other country.

Are you clear enough the difference between BRITAIN and ENGLAND or would you like me to spell it out further for you?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 16:12   #3
Bengie
Inactive

Bengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really niceBengie is just really nice

He has Scottish emblems daubed all over his sweat bands not British.

I have always supported the home teams of whatever nation but was disgusted at the street interviews on the national news channels who couldn't find a Scottish person supporting England. When asked the reason they could only say "because".
Old 03-07-2006, 16:13   #4
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

as far as i can see he's not out yet!
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 16:14   #5
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengie
He has Scottish emblems daubed all over his sweat bands not British
When he plays for the Scottish Davis Cup team you have a point. Until then he is a British player who is proud of being Scottish.

Do you think the Scots wanted Henman to lose his matches?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 16:20   #6
Bengie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
Funny I seem to remember Andy Murray playing in the BRITISH Davis Cup team. As such I'd think most BRITISH people would want him to do well.

If there were a BRITISH football team (say the 2012 Olympics) I'd support them. What I wouldn't support is an English, Welsh or Northern Irish team any more than any other country.

Are you clear enough the difference between BRITAIN and ENGLAND or would you like me to spell it out further for you?
Don't get me wrong - I am cheering him on and willing him to win. I am like that, I stand up for the 'home' teams where ever they are from.
Old 03-07-2006, 16:23   #7
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

I think reading the bbc live report of the match is better than watching it!

Quote:
The two players walk out into the sunshine to cheers and applause. Murray, iPod headphones in, is carrying a bag of iced water and the usual enormous racquet bag. The other enormous thing is his hair - the curly mop is reminiscent of Bob Dylan's circa the Blonde On Blonde album.
Quote:
Baghdatis goes to 30-0 in rapid time, allows Murray back in briefly and then closes the game out with a good deep forehand. He is sporting a large white headband over his hair, which is pulled into a tight high ponytail. It's a very Sporty Spice 1997 look. Who does he think he is - some kind of superstar? (Note to Cypriot readers - that was not a serious comment).
Quote:
Murray is crumbing before our eyes. It's two breaks and four games on the bounce for Baghdatis, and Murray errors are doing half the job for him. Baghdatis might be just 21 years old, but he's making as much of his opportunity as an old veteran - forcing Murray back and then hitting him with the drop shot sucker punch. Forget 3am phone calls from Sean Connery - it's right now that Murray needs James Bond, or at the very least Q with some sort of cunning tennis-related gadget.
Quote:
His mother Judy watches on, wearing Terminator-like mirrored shades. How useful it would be if she could travel back in time like Arnie to the start of this match to warn her son of the tribulations ahead...
Quote:
After serving well for the game, he spends the entire changeover lecturing the official about chalk dust in a flat - yet angry - monotone. On reflection, Judy Murray's shades are more Matrix than Terminator. You could see Carrie-Ann Moss in them for sure.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 16:36   #8
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Never mind Murray, there's alaways next year...and the year after.....and the year after.....and the year after.

Off you pop, back to jockland now.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 16:37   #9
zing_deleted

I really dont give a toss about tennis either
Old 03-07-2006, 16:42   #10
isomakkdragon
Inactive

isomakkdragon is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, let's see if we can be as imaginative as the Engerlish for finding a scapegoat for an early exit from a competition.

Nah, on second thoughts Andy was very poor and the other guy goes deservedly through as a very good winner and the very best of luck to him.

Oh yeah, and lets hope Shrek (Wayne Looney) gets his "baws" damaged by Carvalho the next time they play.
isomakkdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 16:43   #11
Enuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb
I really dont give a toss about tennis either
Me neither, I hear it's a bit of a racket!

OK, i'll get me coat
Old 03-07-2006, 16:46   #12
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Glad he's out, he's way to up his own **** and way to cocky, he needs to be brought down a peg or Three.
Old 03-07-2006, 16:59   #13
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by isomakkdragon
OK, let's see if we can be as imaginative as the Engerlish for finding a scapegoat for an early exit from a competition.

Nah, on second thoughts Andy was very poor and the other guy goes deservedly through as a very good winner and the very best of luck to him.

Oh yeah, and lets hope Shrek (Wayne Looney) gets his "baws" damaged by Carvalho the next time they play.
You mean Murray didn't do his usual excuse of calling for the trainer and complaining about a fictitious injury

His conscience must be getting the better of him.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 17:07   #14
isomakkdragon
Inactive

isomakkdragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic
You mean Murray didn't do his usual excuse of calling for the trainer and complaining about a fictitious injury

His conscience must be getting the better of him.
And the Engerland goalkeeper would never have been guilty of doing this during a match to waste a time and slow down the pace.

No never, honestly, the Engerland players are such good sports they don't dive like a big Gerrard in a friendly to win a penalty when the defender never even touched him or the domestic teams/national team never surround the ref "advising" on what course of action should be taken.

Wake up and smell the coco!

isomakkdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 17:17   #15
Legendary_PSR
Inactive

Legendary_PSR is on a distinguished roadLegendary_PSR is on a distinguished road

the best example of an english player with no soul would be gerraint jones
Legendary_PSR is offline   Reply With Quote