Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Season 2010/2011

Old 28-05-2011, 23:01   #1936
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age
Re: Football Season 2010/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Even the greatest teams can have jaded patches.
Well clearly. That doesn't negate my point.
Niles Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-05-2011, 23:03   #1937
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
Well clearly. That doesn't negate my point.
No, but it does weaken it.

Barcelona on an average day would hold most good teams on their best. With the fluidity they showed tonight no Premiership team would have beaten them.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 23:07   #1938
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Barcelona on an average day would hold most good teams on their best. With the fluidity they showed tonight no Premiership team would have beaten them.
agreed. when they play, it truly is a beautiful game. well played Barcelona. an extremely well deserved win tonight. it was just a shame the game was only 90 minutes - I could have happily continued to watch them for a lot longer.
Old 28-05-2011, 23:09   #1939
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Of course. I highly doubt any Premier League team would beat Real Madrid at their best either.

You could say the same about Man United within England or any other dominate team anyway. That doesn't mean Real Madrid/Arsenal/Hercules or whoever won merely because of luck though.
Old 28-05-2011, 23:11   #1940
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I agree with the applause for Barcelona but please do stop making it look like they were 'Gods'

They were brilliant but Manchester United contributed to Barca's display by leaving a few players at home.

Notably, Valencia (Non existent throughout), Hernandez had an absolute shocker and spent the opening 45 minutes offside and the other 45 doing nothing. Ryan Giggs was also non existent for the entirety.

I'm a Toon fan and obviously I'm a bit disappointed because like any true English football fan you root for the English side!

Messi is a fantastic player and all credit too him but the defending tonight made him look twice the player he is! First 10 minutes they marked him properly and chased him down every time! He barely touched the ball in this period because of the excellent marking.. The other 80 minutes however were a whole lot different and he was allowed to run anywhere he pleased. You simply cannot afford to just let him run at you for 40 yards whilst backing off.

My list of top performers in that match.

Lionel Messi
Wayne Rooney
Park Ji Sung
Carrick
Pedro
Dani Alves
Old 28-05-2011, 23:16   #1941
Niles Crane
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I agree with the applause for Barcelona but please do stop making it look like they were 'Gods'

They were brilliant but Manchester United contributed to Barca's display by leaving a few players at home.

Notably, Valencia (Non existent throughout), Hernandez had an absolute shocker and spent the opening 45 minutes offside and the other 45 doing nothing. Ryan Giggs was also non existent for the entirety.

I'm a Toon fan and obviously I'm a bit disappointed because like any true English football fan you root for the English side!

Messi is a fantastic player and all credit too him but the defending tonight made him look twice the player he is! First 10 minutes they marked him properly and chased him down every time! He barely touched the ball in this period because of the excellent marking.. The other 80 minutes however were a whole lot different and he was allowed to run anywhere he pleased. You simply cannot afford to just let him run at you for 40 yards whilst backing off.

My list of top performers in that match.

Lionel Messi
Wayne Rooney
Park Ji Sung
Carrick
Pedro
Dani Alves
Yeah. Right.
Old 28-05-2011, 23:20   #1942
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

regardless of whether or not Man U turned up tonight, the team that was there got a lesson in football. how many times did you see Barca hoof the ball up the field, or hit-and-hope? I think I saw Abidal clear it 2 maybe 3 times towards the end of the game by putting his boot through it. Man U seemed to try the long, 50/50 ball almost every time they had possession. in fact, I think Barca only tried putting the ball in once from the many corners they had - that's how in control they are. they play fast, close passes. if they didn't think 100% that it will get to a team mate, they didn't play that ball. they were calm, never rushed and were back defending in numbers very fast. nani was surrounded by at least 2 players any time he had the ball, and that was at the end of 90 minutes. if they could get 3 players around a man u shirt with the ball, they did it. Man U were totally in the shadow of Barca. Gods? maybe not. Messengers? probably.

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
Yeah. Right.
lol - agreed. as a Liverpool fan, I was TOTALLY rooting for Barcelona! I'm not ashamed to admit it, either!!!
Old 28-05-2011, 23:23   #1943
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

strange you would've thought SAF watched the Barca vs Arsenal game where we didnt stand a bloody chance...

Congrats to Barca is all I can say the better team has won
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011, 23:24   #1944
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

what are the odds on City winning the champions league.

Got a tenner handy
Old 28-05-2011, 23:56   #1945
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

So fans of other teams wanted United to lose but when England play, the rest of us are told we ought to be pleased that a British nation is doing ''well". Double standards anyone?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 29-05-2011, 00:47   #1946
idi banashapan
step on my trip

no one has to follow the crowd
Old 29-05-2011, 02:14   #1947
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
So fans of other teams wanted United to lose but when England play, the rest of us are told we ought to be pleased that a British nation is doing ''well". Double standards anyone?
Well it was the same for Liverpool in the 70s and 80s, if you have some success then there's always a queue of people waiting to knock you down. Also, I don't think the way that Mr Ferguson has conducted himself in the past endears him to the fans of other clubs. Best policy is to support your own team and manager without worrying what others think.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 11:52   #1948
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Everyone is making Barca as a cream team, they were only good last night, as Man Utd were totally crap, Giggs was totally crap, and should not have played in view of recent events, the goal Messi scored, l have seen better in the PL.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 ----------

I have heard stong rumours that Harry Rednappe will become the next Chelsea manager, l have a sore stomach through laughing so much.

Harry might be a brilliant coach and manager, but Abramowich wants sucess EVERY season, Harry can't supply that, if Ab'ch had his way he would buy the damn cups and titles. Just think Angelotti was sacked for team failure - and they came second and got back into the champions League.

Remember - money can't buy everything.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 12:10   #1949
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Everyone is making Barca as a cream team, they were only good last night, as Man Utd were totally crap, Giggs was totally crap, and should not have played in view of recent events, the goal Messi scored, l have seen better in the PL.
Quote:
Agree with you on Giggs and others I've said above but United were not totally crap. It was just a few players that were not in the game to be fair and you need everyone to play good to beat barca.
Old 29-05-2011, 12:19   #1950
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Inbetween playing crap, anyone notice Giggs' inch perfect lay off for Rooney's goal?

Vote #AnyoneButTory