Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Trouble getting the Internet with NTL and Linksys BEFSR41

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Trouble getting the Internet with NTL and Linksys BEFSR41

Old 05-05-2007, 15:00   #1
Perad
Inactive

Perad is an unknown quantity at this point
Trouble getting the Internet with NTL and Linksys BEFSR41

OK, so my router was originally totally failing, i figured i would sort this out by cloning my mac address. I added my computer to the internet connection, then i copied my mac address onto my router and it worked... well worked to the point that my computers cannot recieve the internet.

Before I added my computer to ntl i was getting the IP address 10.x.x.x, this was also what my router was getting. After adding my computer to the ntl account my computer is was getting the 82.x.x.x, the router was still getting 10.x.x.x, after i cloned my mac address my router starting to get 82.x.x.x

So surely this has worked right? If so why can't my computer get the internet?

My Default gateway and DNS are both pointing towards my router. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Perad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2007, 21:17   #2
kfridge
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV(M), Phone, Broadband(2MB) 2MB broadband
kfridge is a glorious beacon of lightkfridge is a glorious beacon of lightkfridge is a glorious beacon of lightkfridge is a glorious beacon of lightkfridge is a glorious beacon of lightkfridge is a glorious beacon of lightkfridge is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to kfridge
Re: Trouble getting the Internet with NTL and Linksys BEFSR41

turn off the MAC address cloning for the router and then follow these steps:

switch off the cable modem
switch off the router
switch off the PC
switch the cable modem back on and wait for the lights to settle
switch the router back on
switch the PC back on and connect to the router

once this has been done, the router should be giving the PC the 10.x.x.x address and the router should have the 82.x.x.x address (given to it by the modem). If this is the case then you should hopefully have internet access.
kfridge is offline   Reply With Quote