Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 29-03-2021, 19:21   #1921
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It very much depends on who the creative lead is, not which office they're sitting in.
you once again make my point for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The Marvel films, and the new Marvel TV shows, are a runaway success because Marvel Studios is firmly in control.
yup, with no interference from the networks or Disney and now that it has a proven track record (like with GoT and HBO) anybody would be stupid to interfere even if they could because they know it would be to their detriment.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2021, 19:37   #1922
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
you once again make my point for me

yup, with no interference from the networks or Disney and now that it has a proven track record (like with GoT and HBO) anybody would be stupid to interfere even if they could because they know it would be to their detriment.
Only if your point has changed completely from when you said:

Quote:
I want the team to have complete autonomy and MGM can handle the distribution side of things.
On Wandavision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and everything else going forward, the studio that owns the property *is* the team making the shows. Your vision for Stargate separates the studio that owns the property (MGM) from the team making the show (Gekko Corp, or whoever).

The point of confusion here appears to be the fact that Marvel Studios is no longer an independent entity, but is owned by Disney. I'd suggest that's an irrelevance here because Disney only relatively recently acquired Marvel, which was doing just fine developing the MCU beforehand, and because Disney is not interfering in the process now either. That does not, however, make Marvel Studios equivalent to the minor production company that made Stargate SG-1.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 02:39   #1923
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Ive lost count of how many of these possible comebacks Ive seen for SG, not likely to happen.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 15:54   #1924
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Ive lost count of how many of these possible comebacks Ive seen for SG, not likely to happen.
The rumourmill is strong on this. Here's the latest.

Quote:
According to one of our trusted and proven inside sources, the studio wants Kurt Russell to come back for a new Stargate feature film. Our source also says that the studio is hoping that this would kick off a cinematic universe that would include both movies and television shows. We were not able to clarify just how substantial or recurring Russell’s role would be in this newest iteration of the franchise. We aren’t sure if this would act as a way of passing the torch to a new generation or if the plan is to try and have Russell be a central presence in this new arm of the property. All we can confirm is that the studio definitely wants Kurt Russell to be a part of the new Stargate project.
https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...t-russell.html
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:03   #1925
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I'm pretty sure they've wanted to continue on from the movie for years and nothing has came from it. It won't go anywhere, the TV side is so a huge improvement over the film.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 15:48   #1926
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Wanting and actually happening are far different things.

If anything ever happend, then great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 05-04-2021, 14:19   #1927
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

season 2 of The Witcher has wrapped and is in post production

Old 05-04-2021, 17:15   #1928
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Latest Loki trailer

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 23:21   #1929
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Old 07-04-2021, 19:09   #1930
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 18:17   #1931
cimt

Kung Fu

Didn't know they did a remake of this but I like the look of the action so I may give this a watch.
Old 11-04-2021, 18:37   #1932
General Maximus
Ran Away

I posted the info and trailer in the tv schedule thread a few weeks ago. I thought it was goung to be some serious kick ass series but it is your typical light hearted CW teen drama. I have watched the first ep and decided not to bother going forward.
Old 11-04-2021, 18:42   #1933
cimt

Ah I must of missed that. The trailer does look interesting, would of been good to have a show that matched Into the Badlands in terms of combat.
Old 11-04-2021, 19:03   #1934
General Maximus
Ran Away

I would say this is more on par with the Cobra Kai with regards to the tone and feel of the show.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:46   #1935
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I posted the info and trailer in the tv schedule thread a few weeks ago. I thought it was goung to be some serious kick ass series but it is your typical light hearted CW teen drama. I have watched the first ep and decided not to bother going forward.

It was enjoyable, give a whirl cimt, you dont know until you try it.