Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any news on 5G

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Any news on 5G

Old 01-02-2021, 16:34   #31
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Any news on 5G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Regardless -- 5G is not safe..... Especially the upper tier - 24-39Ghz
I'm no expert, but I would tend to disagree. 5G is in use in a lot of countries with little or no impact on disease rates. Also, that range of frequencies has been in use for decades with things like Radar.

The main danger 5G poses is the idiots who are doing things like attacking those who install it, and destroying the masts. Yes, destroying the masts *is* a danger because not only does it, in a lot of cases, prevent people calling the Emergency services, but the masts themselves often act as repeaters to enable the Emergency services to communicate. Any disruption with that can kill people.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2021, 14:40   #32
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
No 5G around here, not even planned according to the VM coverage map.
And it seems like most of the area's that can get 5G can also get Gig 1.
Frustrating that Nottingham always has to wait a long time for almost everything.
Old 05-06-2021, 22:27   #33
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Now that the merger with O2 is being advertised, it could be even longer before I get 5G.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:43   #34
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Now that the merger with O2 is being advertised, it could be even longer before I get 5G.
Really?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...nd-cities.html
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:30   #35
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

No 5G in my city but many thanks for the link
Old 09-06-2021, 16:37   #36
Grimpy
cf.addict

Grimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

My town and area are both listed but still yet to see 5g on my One Plus 9.
Grimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2021, 00:06   #37
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor
No 5G in my city but many thanks for the link
Your lucky there isnt mate!! (Especially the ultra wideband tier (24-39Ghz))
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2021, 00:11   #38
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Your lucky there isnt mate!! (Especially the ultra wideband tier (24-39Ghz))
Really, don’t be spreading such bollox. There’s nothing wrong with 5G.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2021, 10:57   #39
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Really, don’t be spreading such bollox. There’s nothing wrong with 5G.
Whenever somebody tries to pull any 5G bollox, I always refer them to largest source of dangerous ionising radiation proven to cause cancer that the person claiming the 5G conspiracy probably spends a large proportion of their wages to travel to places to be voluntarily exposed to dangerous levels of said radiation.

The Sun
Old 19-06-2021, 12:04   #40
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Nah, it's 6G you want be wary of, that does fry your brains.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:56   #41
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

I was at London Victoria train station 3 weeks ago and I was very impressed with the 5G there. It's still not available in Nottingham almost a year after getting my 5G ready Oppo Find X2 Pro.

Are Virgin taking their 5G from O2 or Vodaaphone?
Old 09-08-2021, 10:19   #42
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

tbh on mobile devices the only time you will really benefit from 5G is when you run a speed test and be able to go "Wow look at that speed"

In my opinion it is only really useful as an alternative to wired home BB
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:22   #43
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Are Virgin taking their 5G from O2 or Vodaaphone?
It's Vodafone for 5G if you have Virgin Mobile SIM.
Old 10-08-2021, 21:14   #44
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Thanks Ben,yes I have Virgin sim ready for 5G
Old 12-08-2021, 13:50   #45
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I had a text from O2 saying that 5G has been added to my tariff.

In the southern part of my town I can get 5G, I spoke to the guy in O2 he said that 5G isn't at full power yet, but I got 170mg on a speed test.

I live about a mile from the town and there is a plan to put a 5G mast, the sooner the better.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

I have unlimited Calls, Text and 100GB of 5G data for £36.44 a month.

Another £5 I can get unlimited