Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moving to Virgin Media mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Moving to Virgin Media mobile

Old 07-03-2021, 03:24   #1
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Moving to Virgin Media mobile

Howdy all,

Apologies if this is a daft question....I'm currently on the top package with virgin media for phone/internet/tv. I have an o2 contract which is ridiculously expensive with an iphone and unlimited data. I'm getting fed up of o2 and their ways (yep i'm aware o2 and virgin media are potentially merging)

How much can I save introducing a mobile phone into my virgin media account? Can i get a new phone? I can't seem to find out details via my virgin media account as it comes up with the same message i've had for ten years with the error message when you click to upgrade you account hahah

I was thinking of adding an iphone to my account when my o2 contract ends in october.
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2021, 05:58   #2
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Moving to Virgin Media mobile

I've had Virgin Mobile for years with no problems, but since the start of last winter they've been terrible. Online many others have too, so i'd advise you to do your own research Vince before committing to them.

As with the VM service, the problem appears to stem from their use of overseas call centres. As well as their lack of basic English and knowledge of the product, they are now being pig ignorant to customers as per the reviews. Many find it takes ages to answer & if they can't understand what you're saying, they just slam the phone down.

Last time I called them about getting a new SIM card, she was still babbling on in broken English about my bill which she thought i'd rung about.

When i'm in better health i'm going to look into somewhere else as i'm on a rolling contract.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 12:07   #3
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Don't forget VM are switching their MVNO from EE to Vodafone this year. Then there is the merger with O2 which should be approved this summer and the future prospect of them then switching to O2 mobile coverage.

I would check the signal coverage in your area for Vodafone, and if not good enough then wait until the O2 merger and mobile reassignment completes.

It might also be worth your while looking at the Oomph packages which include Sims. You may find a suitable pricing which includes your mobile usage. Depending on your requirements the Ultimate Oomph may be suitable.

Then call up and negotiate a new price with retentions.

You could also get a sim free phone elsewhere and use the VM sim in the phone

This Staff post from the community forums explains about porting your number from a VM mobile number to an Oomph package https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...t%20to%20keep.
newapollo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:21   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I moved to Sky Mobile, never had any issues so far.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:28   #5
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Check whether any particular services or features you use with O2 (a mobile network operator) are available and supported on VM (a virtual operator)

Being an MVNO may or may not be an issue for you, but "be aware" above all else.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote